NML Hall of Fame

Comments

• ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 402
    Pic said:

I'll explain who @mimica is. He plays f2p and plays with some of the big spenders, and in fact keeps up. He also attempts to teach whoever asks him how he stays in the top guilds wout spending money.

Thanks for the explanation @Pic and kudos to @mimica that cannot be an easy task. I'm a f2p regular player in a casual independent guild and can only imagine how difficult that must be.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    Troublemakertinytuna007
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Actually @SlickRick , you completely misinterpreted the reason why I posted that song.... oh well! :D
    SlickRickJaden
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    edited August 2018
    In this case, K-West interrupting the award ceremony would be 100% appropriate. Even if the award goes to Beyonce instead.
    Black Labs Matter.
    javajnkie
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 402

It was also explained in a previous forum post about this event that the nominees are expected to answer a short interview, so all players can learn better from them not only about the game, but who they are.

I've just read the post from @tinytuna007 and enjoyed it. I think the piece about creating and running competions stands out to me.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    WeekOneTroublemakertinytuna007
    zjozzee2 said:

This thing here is so stupid/fun (what you like) it made me get on the forum for the 1st time in 2 years.

That hall of Fame list is BS. I play almost since the beginning but I’ve never heared of half of the people on the list?!? NML not my list indeed!

Further when reading those reactions I can only think @PigBenis is 100% right here and I am glad he says what the big majority thinks.

@WeekOne @tinytuna007 get a life. Or at least get your heads out of the asses you currently find yourself in. Sucking up like that and attacking @PigBenis shame on you!

Long time no see... looks like the “herd” made it’s way here.

Shame! Shame!

• SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    My apologies @WeekOne ...I'm not the brightest bulb in the Bell & Howell 1500 Lumens High Beam Multiple LED Tactical Flashlight...and I haven't been on the forum in well over a month so I feel like a newborn baby who wandered into a nether portal of a cell phone video game's hotly debated and contested political election

That said if you are on the CTANMLHOFH please push through my recommendations for the walk-up songs and I will continue to espouse the eternal greatness of playing Taylor Swift while sweating out bad toxins and thoughts while posing in abnormal animal poses!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    PigBenisSCBMAbigbeano
    SlickRick said:

My apologies @WeekOne ...I'm not the brightest bulb in the Bell & Howell 1500 Lumens High Beam Multiple LED Tactical Flashlight...and I haven't been on the forum in well over a month so I feel like a newborn baby who wandered into a nether portal of a cell phone video game's hotly debated and contested political election

That said if you are on the CTANMLHOFH please push through my recommendations for the walk-up songs and I will continue to espouse the eternal greatness of playing Taylor Swift while sweating out bad toxins and thoughts while posing in abnormal animal poses!

Well @SlickRick , I hope you don’t let anyone dim your light “if ever” it illuminates. In the mean time, I am not on the CTANMLHOFH lmao :D but if you scroll up, you might see links that Troublemaker posted and you could reach out to them.

Good luck!
    Troublemaker
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @WeekOne How in the heck are you not on the CTANMLHOFH? And I didn't even know who Troublemaker was before I came on here today...I do like his or her username though lol...this is what happens when you don't pay attention to what the heck is going on!! But I will check out those links he/she posted toot sweet! Frank you kindly!! And oh yeah I'm waaayyyy too old for anything to ever "illuminate" in me ever again...ODB!!

@bladgier I feel a duty to mention it's very disturbing to see Michael Jackson put anything in his mouth...js
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    bladgierSCBMAShadowaceAz
    SlickRick said:

@WeekOne How in the heck are you not on the CTANMLHOFH? And I didn't even know who Troublemaker was before I came on here today...I do like his or her username though lol...this is what happens when you don't pay attention to what the heck is going on!! But I will check out those links he/she posted toot sweet! Frank you kindly!! And oh yeah I'm waaayyyy too old for anything to ever "illuminate" in me ever again...ODB!!

@bladgier I feel a duty to mention it's very disturbing to see Michael Jackson put anything in his mouth...js

@SlickRick when you actually scroll up and look at the links Troublemaker posted, you should illuminate and have the answer you seek to your first question.

And... it’s my pleasure! :)
    Troublemaker
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    What she said^^
    1RisCronusJenngGovernator
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,056
    edited August 2018
    I think the main reason why people criticize this is because it felt like a "secret elite thing" instead of an "open community thing" to people "on the outside".

Not saying that it was not totally fine to do it like that - it was planned by you and run by you the way you wanted it to be run. But you presented it as a community thing so I think that involving more of the community isn't that bad of an idea.

This has already been said and I want to back it up: Personally, I would have wanted to see why people were chosen. For some I know the reasons why, besides of the "obvious" people, for example @tinytuna007 who has done a lot for a lot of players - just not so much on the forums.

@mimica also sounds like a great person.

Some quotes of people who have voted why they have chosen the person they have chosen would have been really nice - just so people would have gotten to know those they didn't know yet.

I'm happy for everyone who is happy to have been chosen. :) Congrats! Hope to get to know a bit more about the players behind the names on this list.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    tinytuna007TroublemakerWeekOneBloodyChainsaw
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,250
    > @Jaden said:
    > I think the main reason why people criticize this is because it felt like a "secret elite thing" instead of an "open community thing" to people "on the outside".
    >
    > Not saying that it was not totally fine to do it like that - it was planned by you and run by you the way you wanted it to be run. But you presented it as a community thing so I think that involving more of the community isn't that bad of an idea.
    >
    > This has already been said and I want to back it up: Personally, I would have wanted to see why people were chosen. For some I know the reasons why, besides of the "obvious" people, for example @tinytuna007 who has done a lot for a lot of players - just not so much on the forums.
    >
    > @mimica also sounds like a great person.
    >
    > Some quotes of people who have voted why they have chosen the person they have chosen would have been really nice - just so people would have gotten to know those they didn't know yet.
    >
    > I'm happy for everyone who is happy to have been chosen. :) Congrats! Hope to get to know a bit more about the players behind the names on this list.

That's why we are having interviews.

I can't say why those are selected because every vote has a reason. I can only say about my own.

I needed a metric and using leaderboard felt like a good enough start.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    tinytuna007DLich
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,056
    @tinytuna007 Those are fun! Hope we "Morbids" will be taking part in the next one, too, and will get to know more players that way.

Let people know that they don't need to be an elite player to participate in that (I am not one by any means and still had fun every time I took part, either as a leader or just a member of a team).

(Sorry for being a bit off topic, but since people - other than just me - said they would like to know more about the people chosen, it isn't that off topic since you do so much for making that happen!)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    tinytuna007
This discussion has been closed.