Hero Damage Trait Buff

Have hero damage traits (i.e., the ones that were just "buffed") always applied to the weapon only? In the picture below, which has Rick's newly buffed trait, it says that "attacks deal +56% WEAPON damage." In the past, it merely said damage, so I always assumed that those traits applied to your survivors' TOTAL damage. If I am wrong, then all is good in the universe. But if I am right, then these "buffs" are actually nerfs. Rick's total damage in the pic below is 6947, whereas his weapon damage is 3073. I believe at 5-stars, his hero trait was previously 36% increase damage. IF I am right (and that's a big if because, again, I do not know if I'm right - which is the whole point of this post), then Rick's hero trait would have previously given a damage increase of ~2500 (6947 x .36 = 2500.92), where it would now give a damage increase of ~1720 (3073 x .56 = 1720.88). That's a really big difference. Can anyone clarify this? (Looking at you, @Kaz ;) ).

Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Ok, great, thanks for the super-fast reply @Shteevie! All is good in the universe. Real good ;) . Loving the balance changes :)
    PigBenis
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited August 2018
    @DBones I agree that this is very confusing in this already complicated game, but don't worry! Shteevie pretty much explained it already, but even if we wanted to be shady and sneakily change the game mechanics, it wouldn't be possible because it would actually require a client update (downloading from App/Google store), hahaha.

So yeah, we buffed them and tried to make it clearer. Hope it helps! :)
    DBonesdonald6283
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 325
    Wait wait wait. So with the same gun etc, now after the balance the final damage will be smaller for all changed heroes and their teammates?
    edited August 2018
    ignas said:

Wait wait wait. So with the same gun etc, now after the balance the final damage will be smaller for all changed heroes and their teammates?

No, no! It'll be higher. :)
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    Ok. Now I'm confused.
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    It's been always like this. Damage was applied to the weapon only, we just couldn't see it. So it was easy to bump that number to balance those heroes that make the bonus affect the total damage (survivor+weapon damage)

Please @Kaz feel free to correct anything I may have said wrongly
    ShteevieKazwhitek111
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    @Kaz Does Aaron new trait aplies only to weapon dmg or does it increases the total dmg? Its not clear in the description.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    aafr99 said:

@Kaz Does Aaron new trait aplies only to weapon dmg or does it increases the total dmg? Its not clear in the description.

It says weapon damage in the description.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    TJS said:

aafr99 said:

It says weapon damage in the description.
    Oh, I see. The game translation to portuguese is wrong then.
    TJSKazromeo
    @aafr99 it’s indeed! I’m going to contact someone to change that!
    Thanks for reporting!
  • MastermindGrMastermindGr Member Posts: 7
    Sorry about that,but seeing Rick's trait again, i just want to ask something that bothers me some time:

Does it buff attacks from revenge or overwatch (zombie moving near ally)?

Thank you in advance for any answer.
    DBonesSPC_TORREStabernacromeo
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Good question, @MastermindGr
    romeo
  • MastermindGrMastermindGr Member Posts: 7

Sorry about that,but seeing Rick's trait again, i just want to ask something that bothers me some time:

Does it buff attacks from revenge or overwatch (zombie moving near ally)?

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Can i have an answer on this? Please Kaz!!!!