The end of the Disagree era - A new beginning

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited September 2018

The poll from @Guapo was only a nipt win by the people that actually where lobbying. Those opposed probably felt it was a waste of time poll.

Very true. I myself didn't bother to vote at the time because it didn't seem worth bothering with. I did today tho.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    SCBMA
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    I think these...

"OMG..."

"Seriously?"

"Slow clap..."
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    KazcapibaraJenngJimiFaith
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    > @Kaz said:
    > As you probably know by now, I removed the "Disagree button" because every now and then we have problems with it.
    >
    > The causes are:
    > - some players don't agree with the disagreement they receive and expect a justification or a clarification
    > - some use just for trolling/harassing
    > - A third relevant item (because three items are better than two)
    >
    > And basically, nothing good comes from it. I do understand why we had it, but I think it only works on a theoretical level where people don't get upset or use it in a friendly and reasonable way.
    >
    > Anyway! To prevent further problems and also to promote positivity, let's come up with... NEW REACTIONS! (*applause*)
    >
    > So, what do you think we should have there? Maybe something related to the show? Maybe a friendly tap on the shoulder meaning "I get you"? Feel free to suggest new ones or also change the names of the ones we currently have!

> @TJS said:
    > Two suggestions.
    >
    > 1) "THANK YOU"
    > 2) "CONGRATULATIONS"
    >
    > A third suggestion.
    > 3) "BAD LUCK"

Yeah what @TJS said
    Message me if you wanna
    JimiFaith
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Peace love and butterflies
    *edited*

✌💜🦋
    KazJimiFaithATLAS-Z
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    Well, we need a thumbs down then
    Silly ideas need a thumbs down
    freedydaddymack22Fingerfood
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 363
    edited September 2018
    Kaz said:

The point is, nothing good comes from that reaction and if you actually disagree with something posted, you can either make a post explaining why or move on. We should be here on the forums to help each other and have relevant discussions (and of course having some fun too :p). Removing the button has a chance to improve how players talk to each other and doesn't have any cons, or at least not that I'm aware of.

I only had 2 disagrees that were just unjustified trolling... and I didn't let it bother me that much (lowkey lie), I'm that kind of OCD person that looks at the stats a little...

But leaving that childish thing of mine aside, I too think that nothing constructive comes from a disagree...

Personally I never used the button, It felt like I was personally attacking someone... If I disagree with someone I just say my piece of why I'm disagreeing, in the spirit of adding useful information or a different point of view regarding the game of course (wich I think if that was the button's purpose it becomes redundant) that or don't bother at all... why am I just going to leave a mark on that user's profile...?

If I'm at a bar and I see a girl with an ugly outfit I'm not going to go over there and say "bitch I disagree with what you're wearing" well seeing the reaction may actually be funny, but noooo... that wouldn't be cool...

The lack of agrees, reactions and comments speaks for itself as a disagree either way...

In the cool, chilly, positive environment we want to promote or at least in the threads that I frequent is not even needed...

Regarding new buttons I think Thank you, Jealous, WTF, and WOW are good ideas... I'd add ROFL for when a LOL isnt enough...

And being able to combine reactions, for example sometimes I see some memes that are both LOL and Awesome, or sometimes something is so helpful and well explained that is Agreewsome :D
    Kaz
    edited September 2018
    mod edit:

Everyone don’t go there it gives your personal stuff away
    Message me if you wanna
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,987
    I'm fine with removing the Disagree button. I concur that it wasn't really being used constructively.

As for a new button, how about a 'pity' button? The one that you click when someone posts their horrible gear pull or radio call. Maybe name it 'JSS' for Enid's 'Just Survive Somehow' mantra.
    freedydaddyKazJaden
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    Can we get my face as a mini reaction emoji?

Like when I get a legendary component of a crate?
    TJScapibaraanthony172Kwansa
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,369
    I'm torn on the disagree button. I've been trolled with the disagree button myself (1/3 of my disagrees were from 2 people about a year ago). The problem isn't the button, it's the people misusing it, and I don't see how you solve that problem. With that said, it's hard to see anything constructive that's come out of the use of the disagree button.

Here's to hoping that we can talk about differences and disagreements calmly and rationally instead of clicking on a 'reaction' for the sole purpose of trying to piss someone off.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

TJSbladgier
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,555
    So!
    I think, I may have come up with something to replace the disagree button
    Discuss Issues Smartly Admirably Gracious Respecptfully Empathic Earnest

But if that is too long they could use the acronym

SCBMAGovernatorJenngKatz_Killers18
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 310
    How about a Disappointed button
    freedydaddyDeathwish19
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Today; today we learnt the real reason the disagree button was removed. It was to avoid damage to Kaz's stats with today's announcement :joy:
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    freedydaddyJaden
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > Today; today we learnt the real reason the disagree button was removed. It was to avoid damage to Kaz's stats with today's announcement :joy:

Yeah probilly right
    Message me if you wanna