The end of the Disagree era - A new beginning

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    I want my disagree back!!! 😆😆 pls i need them
    SCBMAfreedydaddyJadenXenathewarrior
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,291
    I second Anthony, please bring the button back. I personally would rather have the disagree than the harsh words we have seen thrown around here lately.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited September 2018
    SCBMA said:

I second Anthony, please bring the button back. I personally would rather have the disagree than the harsh words we have seen thrown around here lately.

Hm... but one thing doesn't exclude the other, right? It's not like the button will prevent people from saying nasty things nor will make it more unlikely to happen. We had the disagree button when the message you are referring to was written, so I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

The goal of removing this button is not to prevent cases where people misbehave by posting something toxic, but to stop the "disagree harassment" from happening.
    bladgierfreedydaddyShadowaceAzWeekOne
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    > @Kaz said:
    > I second Anthony, please bring the button back. I personally would rather have the disagree than the harsh words we have seen thrown around here lately.
    >
    > Hm... but one thing doesn't exclude the other, right? It's not like the button will prevent people from saying nasty things nor will make it more unlikely to happen. We had the disagree button when the message you are referring to was written, so I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
    >
    > The goal of removing this button is not to prevent cases where people misbehave by posting something toxic, but to stop the "disagree harassment" from happening.

Kaz is right y’all sorry but I agree with him or her :)
    Message me if you wanna
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @TJS
    I'd just like to suggest keeping the options simple, yes or no.with a neutral introduction. Or well ... maybe a bring back the disagree slogan could be included I suppose.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    freedydaddySCBMATJS
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Oh ... lmfao ... you'll like what I was doing while you posted that :p
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    SCBMAfreedydaddyJenng
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > Oh ... lmfao ... you'll like what I was doing while you posted that :p
    I’m scared to know
    Message me if you wanna
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited September 2018
    @Kaz said;
    OK! I have a proposal.

It seems that we have a lot of different opinions, right? I'll ask our OFFICIAL POLL CREATOR (@TJS) to ask you guys if we should remain the way we are, add some other buttons or add "disagree" again. He can screenshot my post so it feels official enough to be valid!
    "Why don't you create that poll yourself?"
    A: Because I think it's nice to promote player's initiatives and positivity.

I understand that it feels like "losing a right" and feels that I'm punishing people for not knowing how to behave properly on a forum, but it's not the case. As I said before, my goal is to promote positivity and nothing else.

I think it's safe to assume that we all agree on having a friendly and better environment here on the forums, right? If by removing this button, I can make a friendlier and more welcoming place for those who get upset when receive a disagree, then It's a "right" I'm willing to lose, because honestly, I don't think the entire community is losing something relevant, but some are getting something positive out of it. To me, it seems a fair trade.

And yes, I know that overreacting because of disagreements and trolling are the root of the problem, but trying to re-educate the mindset of a human being is insane. It's not a forum message or banning that will resolve a situation like this, even though we try to reach out to the people involved to let them know that what they've done wasn't nice.

And last but not least, I would really like to try the "no disagree button" for some days and see how it goes. :p

So... what are your thoughts about it?

So here's the 'official' poll
    [ POLL HERE ]
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    freedydaddySPC_TORRES
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,798
    How about a Disagree button that records the disagree, but then drops off after a set period of time? I think it is the cumulative number of disagrees that gets under people's skin. If the number of disagrees disappears over time, then it's not really an issue for those folks. Just a thought...
    TJSJenngSPC_TORRESShadowaceAz
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 256
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

freedydaddy
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > The thread that caused this has been removed.
    >
    > Searches for "wow" shows preview of all the posts in it though.
    >
    > Surely this thread should be available for people to make up their minds? I mean @Kaz said there was no explanation of the disagrees, but I read through it before it was removed. There WAS explanation and its possible to see from the post previews.
    >
    > If 5 people get the chance to disagree before the thread was closed, would ALL if them have to explain why? And how many would have eventually disagreed had the thread not been closed.
    >
    > Bad posting SHOULD bring about reaction. Surely a disagree button to show his many people disagreed, is more manageable than everyone individually explaining their issue with the post.
    >
    > This wasn't even about the disagree button, it was about bad forum behaviour, and yet here we are having to debate about the disagree button. Basically, they buried a news item with another powerful one ... shocking!

Dang that is my theard
    Message me if you wanna
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 620
    🙄🙄🙄
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2018
    Though I don't use the forums as much anymore and haven't played the game as much lately, it's a shame that button is no longer there. In fact, I kind of wish we had a 'Hate' or 'Disgusted' button. There were a few occasions on this forum where I would've loved to express my resentment toward a few members (one of them who hasn't posted since I called him out for trying to accuse me of cheating).
    I_Am_Psychoanthony172Fingerfood
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 80
    I play the game for fun....but when I set foot in this forum and read what admin thinks. I get disgusted by the politics.
    freedydaddyShadowaceAzFingerfood
    > @Jaden said:
    > So... where's my "ewww" button? :D

Umm yeah
    Message me if you wanna
    SCBMAFingerfood
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > So... where's my "ewww" button? :D
    >
    >
    > Just for you my friend...
    Ok I’m chop lever now I guess lol
    Message me if you wanna
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 288
    How about a "not for me" reaction... because it's not telling everybody that the post is BAD, its just simply stating "no this post isn't for me, but you may like it"
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
    freedydaddyJadenmarie1980
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 242
    If you want one that will counteract negativity, how about this show related saying .... "Yet I smile"
    Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Level 65 or higher, Message me!
    Min 10 xs level 🔥(Status - 1 Spot Open)🔥
    freedydaddyKazPigBenis