End of the grind in the next update?

I would like to know if this new October update will have some change in the format of the weekly challenges, to finish with the grind?? Will we have UC2 again with just two arcs per level?? Please reduce the grind!!
tabernacTroublemakeranniesprinklesmimicajimmorrison369JackBaueraquilaBill_ZRTS100200

Comments

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Pls
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    Please.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    Pretty please, with sugar on top?
    freedydaddy
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Can NG start selling an End-the-Grind Booster each week? Start me at RSL 30 with only 2 tiers per difficulty level but make the stars work out somehow. Pair it with a gas booster for $4-$5 and I'd spend that money every challenge.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    tabernac
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    Please!
    Pic
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 410
    edited September 2018
    The weekly challenges should honor the name and be really challenging. But in the current format, it is tiring and repetitive, this impossible for maximum level players to continue, so that many abandon in the game. It's no fun playing the early stages of the challenge. With shorter challenges, anyone who reaches their limit can grind into the outpost or search missions for supplies, XP and equipment. ;)
    Troublemakertabernac
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,672
    Not gonna happen, not this time. Kaz pretty much said it's on the todo list but still a ways out. Keep pushing tho and it'll come around I'm sure.

"Soon"

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Hear, hear.
  • BonaquaBonaqua Member Posts: 53
    ATLAS-Z said:

Not gonna happen, not this time. Kaz pretty much said it's on the todo list but still a ways out. Keep pushing tho and it'll come around I'm sure.

"Soon"

This says it all. The next update WILL be great though. ;)
    bladgierATLAS-ZJackBauerMadPuppy
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    edited September 2018
    > @capibara said:
    > @bladgier said (edited) ....Stars lost count in this challenge was absolutely enormous due to that.
    >
    > I don't get the point of "losing stars"... if you lose stars everyone is losing stars...
    > I remember in february/march 2016 i was barely playing 300 stars @Movado was playing something like 350...(...now i will browse for a screenshot...)...and everyone was happy with that. No stress, no grind. Just a fun game...

I was stating a fact, not complaining. I am aware of everything you said and I'm not disagreeing so I don't get what you're trying to do/say with that comment lol.

Edit:

Also, game is still fun for me and I am not stressing. Never said I was. Like I said before grind or not I'll be here. I understand people feeling for the grind and I would like to have it fixed for them but personally I'm fine either way.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,746
    edited September 2018
    I think what @bladgier was trying to say was that because of the UC/no body shot gaff lots of us couldn't play our double star rounds, what happens when you skip a round but don't get to play the double round? You lose about 70-80*. I got to 35.2 in the UC week and some people in my guild had 100* more than me despite only being on RSL34.

No one is really bothered about the generic star loss which goes hand in hand with playing less rounds but it was a real issue that week.
    bladgierJadencrambert_necmimica
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    Yes exactly that ☝️👌
    Some love to grind, some hate to grind. And grind means different things to different players.

Finding that middle ground is virtually impossible, but hopefully they keep trying.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    Please address the grind.

I'm sure the next update will contain many nice features, but with a Council upgrade and more powerful survivors and gear it just means that we will be able to push further into challenges, thus increasing the grind.

Yes, aspects of this game have always been grindy and will always be (grinding experience, etc) but that doesn't mean that maxing out on a weekly challenge should be a 40 hour effort. I have one of those, it's called a job, and the pay is WAY better. Challenges are where the grind has increased exponentially in this game, more than any other area. Remember when 400 stars was mind blowing and there were two challenges a week?
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

tabernacDBonesATLAS-Zmimica
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 634
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > Please address the grind.
    >
    > I'm sure the next update will contain many nice features, but with a Council upgrade and more powerful survivors and gear it just means that we will be able to push further into challenges, thus increasing the grind.
    >
    > Yes, aspects of this game have always been grindy and will always be (grinding experience, etc) but that doesn't mean that maxing out on a weekly challenge should be a 40 hour effort. I have one of those, it's called a job, and the pay is WAY better. Challenges are where the grind has increased exponentially in this game, more than any other area. Remember when 400 stars was mind blowing and there were two challenges a week?

That was definitely the worst period in NML, 2 challenges in a week😱
    crambert_nec
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Some love to grind, some hate to grind. And grind means different things to different players.
    >
    > Finding that middle ground is virtually impossible, but hopefully they keep trying.
    >
    > You are essentially correct. Some people want to play more, and somr people want to play less. This can even vary week to week.

The middle ground is very simple. Let players choose their own starting level. For star earning purposes, count the player's best 30 rounds only.

With a choice, players who want to grind starting at easy levels can do so. Players who just want to play a few challenging rounds can do that too.

Giving the player the choice on how much to play is the answer. Your guess is as good as mine why NG refuses to implement this simple solution.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I don't think you can just have players start at a level of their choosing and count the 30 best rounds. Then you'll inevitably have some people playing from RSL1, thereby 3-starring every single map with ease, thereby screwing up the leaderboards.

Not saying I personally care about that, but I am sure there are TONS of people who do, so that wouldn't work.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    BttlOpenermimicaSCBMA
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    Only the best 30 rounds count for the leaderboards. The round bonuses count too, so competing level 30 is worth 30 times completing level 1.

The players at the top of the leaderboard will still be the players who can go the farthest in the challenge.

I picked 30 rounds, but you could pick any reasonable number for the limit and it will work.
    tabernac
    Interesting