Training Gear

NG, can you PLEASE do something about this absolutely abysmal trait? I get it, it has it's merits for farming. But from a strategic/competitive standpoint it's 100% the worst, most useless trait in the entire game. Every fricken piece of armor I get seems to have it. Why would I spend 7+ million XP on an armor with this trait? TG can be useful, but all you need is a lower level armor with it and you're good.

What I propose is that you somehow adjust the game mechanics so that Training Gear can NOT be found on armor of the highest level of survivor in each class. So if I have a level 24 assault, any base level 24 armor cannot have TG. Pleeeaaaaasssseeeeeee? @Shteevie @Kaz @Bonaqua what do you say?
Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
SPC_TORREStabernacjimmorrison369sbfDanski_46Edd8DBonespsychwolfI_Am_Psychomik81aafr99bigbeanokamilowaty

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I use it and prefer it over Silence and Bullet Dodge.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DodkongmsrebeccaCBgaming1969
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,353
    But is it used for anything outside of farming? Do you use it in a strategic way at all? That's what I'm getting at. You can use a lower level armor with silver/gold TG to accomplish the same thing. When we're trying to build our inventory, especially with the council upgrade in like 2-3 weeks, this trait ruins everything.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DBonesEl_Sarge
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited September 2018
    @crambert_nec It is 1 to 2 levels below all my peeps, I normally have them wearing it Edited to change: through RSL 26 or so during the challenge. I always have it equipped for scavenger and outpost raids.

I have 1 set of armor with training gear for every class that we have.

So no, I do not have any base level 24 training gear at the moment.

______
    ° had originally written 'to 26', corrected it to 'through 26'
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Thank you @Shteevie for having this looked into. While I personally loathe training gear, I do understand how some could find it useful, and how some may even love it. So I get why it exists (even if I don't personally care fo it). To me, it's the drop rate of it that drives me nuts, so if that can be adjusted, that would at least be a big step in the right direction. So again, thanks!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    SPC_TORRESSCBMAGovernatorJaden
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,939
    edited September 2018
    To be honest I have never upgraded a single piece of gear with training thing (except lol lvl pieces).

Simply because it takes a lot of time to make up for XP used to reach that trait, especially when it's 3rd.

Instead I hunt for that trait in lover lvl missions like Tara one.
    crambert_necJaden
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    I use training gear. I am still upgrading gear and survivors. I farm a lot whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have one armor with training gear apiece for both Maggie and an assault. I run Glenn in the lead to get the tomatoes from their extra xp. Sometimes I run Maggie in the lead to get more xp. It all depends on what I need.

I am sure that at some point my needs will change but as long as there are council updates that will require me upgrading buildings and leveling up survivors and gear, I am going to want at least one armor set with training for farming.

I do want to say that I also try to have decent, battle worthy armor that doesn’t include training gear for the higher challenges.
    RealClareB
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Well.... if you need 3,8M aprox to get 1 single armor to have the gold trait(1 silver upgrade+1 gold upgrade)... and on average you are getting 1k XP per walker... You need like ~9,5k kills just to pay for the armor...

At least single killers should not have this trait...
    Grady
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I have gold training gear for all my classes, at least one per and complete team set for my regular team. They aren't necessarily the top lvl gear, but are legendary or epic.

They are how I get the xp to upgrade the unicorn gear when I find them...plus when I enjoyed playing more was always on my farming teams, especially for lower difficulties in Challenges and Distances or farming outpost with Glenn and or Maggie.

Remember council upgrade just around the corner and some players need all the resources they can get.

Plus as much as people complain about the nerfing wrestler, would training gear be better???

T.G. the disagree button went missing 🤡😜🤡
    BttlOpener
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    @crambert_nec, I hear what you are saying. I feel there is absolutely a use for the trait and as long as there are council upgrades there always will be. However, must it be on almost every piece of training gear we get?

For example these are my shooters’ armor pieces levels 23-24. I automatically
    scrap all rare and below. From these 7 pieces of armor, 5 have the training trait on them. I wouldn’t use this trait on a shooter anyway so 5 of these pieces of armor are not appropriate for my level 23 shooter.

crambert_necpsychwolfDBones
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I'd have it restricted to assaults and hunters only in non Legendary gear. Otherwise is just there for trait dilution purposes.
    SmokeandMirrorstabernac
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Training Gear! Training Gear! We're talking about Training Gear!! When is the last time or player level that anyone upgraded common, uncommon or rare gear?

That's the real problem...most gear you see is less than epic or legendary and the xp you get for auto-scrappy gear is far less than if you just got xp instead of gear to begin with!!

Doesn't interrupt stop working at higher difficulties once 100% bodyshots start?

So many options and my actual combat training teaches all your gear has a purpose...even if it's just a paper weight or something to break to ease your frustration!!!

Goodbye all🤪😜🤪