End of the grind in the next update?

2»

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Ahh, I got you, that makes more sense
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 220
    I still think the UC2 is an excellent solution, those who reach the limit of their strengths, can play the outpost and carry out search missions for supplies and XP.
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
  • Ozzy99Ozzy99 Member Posts: 23
    I am really not looking forward to the next update because of the increased counsel level. It takes way too long to push into the challenging part of the challenge, which doesn't make sense. Its too the point that 1 gas booster doesn't give me enough to reach the end. NG really needs to give the UC another go on a more normal challenge setting.
    mimicaTCBRITO
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 97
    With so many rounds the game gets cloying,
    with fewer rounds really had become a fun challenge..
    TCBRITO
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,392

Not everyone who plays is level 24, so when they make it a universal change to the challenge, it affects the lower level players at a much more drastic level.

There are low ‘cost’ (as in development resources) options that wouldn’t affect low level players. Let a player choose what RSL to start on up to a certain maximum and give them credit for their skipped rounds.

Decrease the number of repeat rounds per map.
    S100200 said:

With so many rounds the game gets cloying,
    with fewer rounds really had become a fun challenge..

Exactly... fewer, actually challenging rounds is more interesting, at least to me. Spending two nights blowing away everything with 3 assaults before I have to actually start thinking of who to bring, how to plan for certain maps, etc isn’t interesting.

And the bottom line is that it takes too much time to max out on challenges.

The Master Stage was a great idea and I like it but I’m guessing it might be seen as too ‘resource intensive’ a change for NG to consider.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

MystiquetabernacTCBRITO
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,045
    I am more worried about not getting tomatoes when I need them and thus being forced to scavenge which I
    a) don't like much
    and
    b) don't have time for except for on Mondays, maybe, when I really need a break after playing challenges and Distance twice...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    Another supporter of the master stage here!
    Troublemaker
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    @Bonaqua Please include in the release notes for the next update the details on how challenge starting levels will be affected by upgrading survivors. Players will want to know how to play the silly game again of effectively managing upgrading survivors to avoid losing stars.

This is another problem with the current challenge system.
    ATLAS-ZTroublemakermimica
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @capibara said:
    > @donald6283 ....Stars lost count in this challenge was absolutely enormous due to that.
    >
    > I don't get the point of "losing stars"... if you lose stars everyone is losing stars...
    > I remember in february/march 2016 i was barely playing 300 stars @Movado was playing something like 350...(...now i will browse for a screenshot...)...and everyone was happy with that. No stress, no grind. Just a fun game...

Movado used to be "Normal" 😆
    Say it isn't so.... 😂😂😂
    capibaraJaden
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    > @TCBRITO said:
    > I would like to know if this new
    > October update will have some
    > change in the format of the
    > weekly challenges, to finish with
    > the grind?? Will we have UC2
    > again with just two arcs per
    > level?? Please reduce the grind!!

Just to make you all jealous...

I already have UC2 enabled on my second account. Still need to convince NG to enable it on my first account as well and i could finally change my avatar pic here in forums.

Attached two pics from this challenge at end of rsl+6.

skirmäel, lvl 24 survivors, 1187 stars at 30.3.

skirmäel.jr, lvl 15 survivors, 664 stars at 21.2.
    jimmorrison369tabernac