Help me raise my new scout!

Who would you say is worth investing in first? If you had to cut one, who would it be?

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,276
    It's tough, Annie and Cindy both have retaliate. However Katie and Liz have nice traits. I'm confused.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,830
    My pick here would be Cindy. Although I like my scouts for the challenge to have 80% DR so you'd need 3 solid badges to get close. She's got the best traits IMO. Liz a close 2nd but no retaliate would bug me but I'm sure many players get along just fine without it.

All 4 make solid distance scouts but if I was to cut one it would be Annie, purely cause vigilant would be a wasted trait.
    @WellyLuga I tend to agree with you. Although Cindy and Liz don't have strong which is a little annoying to me. Can't have it all though I suppose. Katie would be a powerhouse but the lack of retaliate also bugs me. I suppose I will work on building up Cindy first and then Liz as more of a defensive scout.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,830
    Strong is massively overrated. I have two scouts with very similar quality badges, the one with strong has 9700 damage and the one without has 9200. It's not a big difference since it only adds to base damage and not total damage. Since badges came out there are better traits :smile:
    jimmorrison369psychwolfanthony172
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    So in @WellyLuga example.
    It's 5% less damage without strong.

If your critical hit does 50k with strong, it will do 47.5 without.

Not worth it.
    psychwolf
    Ah okay, good information and put in a way that makes sense to me. I figured strong was an important boost. I would like it if Cindy had iron skin but I can make that up with armor and badges like you said.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,998
    I'd pick Katie
    Thanks for sending me into a world of confusion again @bladgier :D
    Retaliate is one trait that can't be made up for and I'm very used to it with melee.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 772
    Retaliate makes sense to me on a Scout if you're going to max out DR.
    jimmorrison369WellyLuga
    @Cronus Was wondering if you had any insight into who you would invest in first?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    Yeah I looked at this earlier and the answer is scouts have some of the most useful combinations of traits of any class (which makes them fun). For the record I'd be hard pressed to turn any one of them into tokens except maybe Annie with an explanation. Also I almost always run my scouts with Michonne in a challenge so you need to consider her leader trait (essentially threat reduction and swift strike buff). Because I use Michonne as the leader typically I like swift strike on my weapon to get to a point where it is firing more often than not. If you get a weapon with swift strike, threat reduction and lucky (either of last two could be gold or silver) you've hit the jackpot.

If you want the best challenge scout it's between Liz and Cindy. If you're getting above +5 RSL you're bound to take a hit from a zed so for either one you'll need max DR. So it depends on what kind of DR badges you have. Liz with iron skin is going to be much easier to get to or near the 80% DR cap. If you have enough badges to get Cindy to 70% DR or better I think I'd move on her. If you're not yet to the point where you take a lot of hits then probably Cindy. For me personally I'd likely take iron skin over retaliate based on Michonne and use of weapon with swift strike (in other words I can live without retaliate). For the scouts I have now and my badge inventory I'd take Cindy. If I didn't have a range of scouts already and top DR badges I'd start with Liz (3 DR and 3 damage badges).

All your scouts would be good for The Distance. Whoever you choose between Liz or Cindy I think I'd advance Katie next specifically for a big hit in The Distance (3 damage and 3 critical damage). You could also use her in challenges until she starts getting popped. I would then level up whoever of those three is left.

Annie has so much potential for an overwatch scout. Yes, overwatch scouts have a use, they just need to have the kingdom spear or pitchfork, especially spear with swift strike. You can stay out of reach from a walker and let them advance on you and hit them hard with the vigilant bonus and extra damage from strong (spear and pitchfork deal less comparative damage so strong helps some here...not a deal breaker but it helps). For me the issue is she has one fatal flaw, and that is an overwatch scout really should have vigilant and power strike to be most effective. Replace retaliate with power strike and you have the scout overwatch unicorn.

Cro***
    ignaspsychwolfSCBMA
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 509
    Sorry to tap on this thread but I didn’t want to start a new thread and clog up the forum.

Would anyone invest in this new scout if you already have the 3 scouts above?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    @Steeboon .
    Thomas misses luck, but I'd prefer him over mumin. (Especially with damage reduction badges, retaliate in combination with powerstrike is pretty sweet)

Mumin is already pink3 though...
    But ruthless plus strong will have over 40% more damage on a charge attack.
    Also about 10% more damage on a normal hit...

Wouldn't throw away either of them. If thomas was pink3 too, decision would be easy imo.
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > @Steeboon .
    > Thomas misses luck, but I'd prefer him over mumin. (Especially with damage reduction badges, retaliate in combination with powerstrike is pretty sweet)
    >
    > Mumin is already pink3 though...
    > But ruthless plus strong will have over 40% more damage on a charge attack.
    > Also about 10% more damage on a normal hit...
    >
    > Wouldn't throw away either of them. If thomas was pink3 too, decision would be easy imo.
    >
    >

Thanks for the input @jimmorrison369 !
    Does that mean Steeboon is an untouchable in your opinion?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    Like @jimmorrison369 said Thomas not having lucky is a bit of a ding especially for use with threat reduction or swift strike. That being said I would not scrap him. Especially for the distance if you give him a weapon with gold destructive/charging and silver lethal he'll do maximum damage; great for a big fattie kill. I would not touch either mumin or steeboon. As soon as survivalist Rick can be used in the leader position mumin essentially will get ruthless from his leader trait. So legacy scouts (pre-ruthless) get new life with new Rick. I think each one of those three scouts is unique enough to keep.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,079
    Katie is your best. The rest are token worthy for Katie but hold out to get a Katie with Iron Skin then go all out. What I use.
    > @Cronus said:
    > Like @jimmorrison369 said Thomas not having lucky is a bit of a ding especially for use with threat reduction or swift strike. That being said I would not scrap him. Especially for the distance if you give him a weapon with gold destructive/charging and silver lethal he'll do maximum damage; great for a big fattie kill. I would not touch either mumin or steeboon. As soon as survivalist Rick can be used in the leader position mumin essentially will get ruthless from his leader trait. So legacy scouts (pre-ruthless) get new life with new Rick. I think each one of those three scouts is unique enough to keep.

Thanks for the advice @Cronus !