body shots start at which level?

warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
some weeks ago someone complaint but it seems happening too much now, my Abe level 24 with 2 pink stars its getting lots of body shots against NORMAL 26 level walkers, is this normal? shouldnt only start to happen at higher levels than him?

thx!

Comments

• DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 168
    Same for me. 2 pink Abe and problems with level 26 normal walkers

Line id: djinn1982
  • TRUFAtwdnmlTRUFAtwdnml Content Creator Posts: 127
    Same here, but with all the assault class
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 364
    Rosita, who is highly badged and weaponed 3 levels above her own level, gets body shots regularly now against walkers only one level above her. This never happened before. I could knock down walkers 3 or 4 levels above her without a hint of faltering. Abe is almost as bad now.

What is going on?
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Sure might help if a few couple post a couple video examples to make others realize the frequency.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2018

Same here, but with all the assault class

something definitely is funky with the assault class. There's another thread discussing how assault seems to be doing less damage than usual compared to before the update.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    @ShadowaceAz that is for pros :P but my question is still on, no one knows when body shots are supposed to start? at same level that survivors if they have pink stars?
    @warlordf
    Body shots are possible at any level for ranged survivors.

So 'start' is a misleading phrase.

Even during the "No bodyshots" events, there is still a chance to get bodyshots. Granted they are small, but a chance is a chance:
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/335117/#Comment_335117
    Kaz's comment.

Per information on OneLessTitans Wordpress site:
    Survivors attacking Walkers

When a Survivor attacks a Walker, the first “decision” made by the game is whether or not the attack is a Body Shot.

Ranged Survivors can get a Body Shot against any level of Walker, but the “Body Shot” text will not pop up if the damage dealt is enough to kill the Walker.

Melee Survivors will only start getting Body Shots against Walkers that are 3 levels above your ASL.

Once Walkers get 5+ levels above your ASL, Body Shots will happen 100% of the time, unless you have the Piercing Trait (currently only available on guns and the Michonne Katana sold for $$). This is why Piercing is the most important ranged weapon trait if you want to earn as many Stars as possible in Challenges. Without Piercing, traits like Accurate and Sure Shot have no chance of activating against Walkers 5 or more levels above your ASL.
    Info is here:

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/combat-mechanics/

Hope that helps.
    Concordia

@warlordf

Oops, just for clarity
    an understanding of your “Actual Survivor Level” (ASL). The “Actual” level of your Survivor is the sum of the Survivor’s Level and the number of Pink Stars that Survivor has. Here are a few examples:

A level 10 Survivor with zero Pink Stars has an ASL of 10 (10 + 0).
    A level 15 Survivor with one Pink Star has an ASL of 16 (15 +1).
    A level 20 Survivor with two Pink Stars has an ASL of 22 (20 + 2).
    A level 21 Survivor with three Pink Stars has an ASL of 24 (21 + 3).
    On the same Wordpress URL.

#Bodyshots
    Concordia

• SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 364
    @warlordf If you go to your survivor info page and click on the “i” the arrow in this picture is pointing to, you will see when you are supposed to get body shots.

• mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    When you mean a lot... you mean 8 of every 10 attacks, or 1 every 10? This needs to quantify to really understand what a lot means.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    it depends, i get more when i am farming and im not waiting to get body shots and i get them, i cant be sure but i get a lot when i never get a few weeks ago, but the issue is that im getting them with walkers 26 and my abe info is that i will get them at level 29, imagine spawning with 26 walkers in distance, my abe is at the same place killing them and he can shot 9 walkers and 2 dont die,

hope to explained correctly thx