Ultimate Challenge this week!

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,020
    @ignas It's because you've skipped one more round than he has, you don't get stars for skipping a round but then obviously you get them back when you play the double round. At a certain stage his double rounds will run out but yours won't, at that point when he's getting 2/3* per mission and 30* for completing the round you'll be getting 4/6* and 60*. I hope I've explained it well enough! It's something I've suffered from! Eventually if you play through all your doubles it will even out and you should pass him.
    ignasjimmorrison369kiwinz7
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    WellyLuga said:

If you normally get to RSL30/31 you're only missing 4/5 rounds. If you normally get to RSL 27 you're not missing any. So if your challenge has ended by Thursday/Friday it's likely for the above reasons rather than the new format.

4/5 rounds = 24/30 missions

That's a good deal of playtime, yes you have the "damn I'm outta gas already" moments, so couple that with the time it takes to recoup petrol, and that's a good days worth of playtime.

That's all my point is.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

JCSinWDWellyLugakiwinz7
    edited September 2018

WellyLuga said:

If you normally get to RSL30/31 you're only missing 4/5 rounds. If you normally get to RSL 27 you're not missing any. So if your challenge has ended by Thursday/Friday it's likely for the above reasons rather than the new format.

4/5 rounds = 24/30 missions

That's a good deal of playtime, yes you have the "damn I'm outta gas already" moments, so couple that with the time it takes to recoup petrol, and that's a good days worth of playtime.

That's all my point is.
    No I can understand that, what is good for me might not be for someone else and I think it's an impossible situation for NG. However, what I was pointing out that it's not the reason why you're finished with the challenge on Friday. Next week you'll have maybe 3-4 less round passes, you'd have more chances to repeat for lost stars as gas would be less precious so you might not get to your limit until the distance starts, then you have most of Sunday to squeeze out a few stars or play out in the sunshine :smile:. This is of course assuming they keep the same format and don't shaft us by going back to the old format.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,942
    Not improved rewards but rewards at lower star count. I actually think they got this about right as my trade goods is about where it normally would be at this stage of the challenge (17-19k)
    DodkongJadenkiwinz7
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,186

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    NarniaDanski_46kiwinz7
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    edited September 2018
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34351/master-stage-what-the-ultimate-challenge-should-have-been/p1
    >
    > LET
    >
    > IT
    >
    > LIVE!
    >
    > :smile:

Your post down there is so good that it's not affected by no reaction pictures nerf 😁👏
    ATLAS-Zkiwinz7
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    Curious @Bonaqua, how many people actually benefited from moving the 3 rounds to level 35?
    Not one person in my guild which is mostly level 68 players.
    There4IMkiwinz7RWS
  • There4IMThere4IM Member Posts: 55
    Yep. If you wanted to reduce the stars in my guild this week, you've done it. If you want me to make a spreadsheet for re-badging instead of playing, you've done it. Gladly spend the weekend Governoring XP instead of wasting gold in the Hospital. UC benefits almost none of us.
    Danski_46kiwinz7RWSSCBMA
    The grind will never be fixed by UC, it actually has the opposite effect. Less rounds played = less crates to open = having to play more boring scavenge missions.
    ignaskiwinz7ATLAS-Z
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 382
    > @Danski_46 said:
    > The grind will never be fixed by UC, it actually has the opposite effect. Less rounds played = less crates to open = having to play more boring scavenge missions.

+ we are getting less phones and less TG

@Bonaqua once again can you please share % of players that played this week challenge that managed to get to RSL 32/33/34/35/etc?

Most max players are hitting the wall at 31/32 unless you paid tons of $ for special weapons, 5 pink starts etc.
    SCBMA
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 916
    While I like the UC, however not when you have allot of round passes from the previous challenge before
    There needs to be a better balance some players with more round passes are not penalised
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    jimmorrison369_Lily_
    If you really want to fix the grind doubling the output from farm plots and tents would be a good start.
    RPs every 2 rounds after difficulty 30, that will allow high level players to miss the easier rounds and other players will not be penalised to achieve that goal.
    kiwinz7
    Something needs to be done about it nonetheless. With level 25 survivors, better % rates for epic and legendary badges and a piercing trait for melee the ceiling is only going to be raised. Once you can regularly get to RSL33/34 or even further it's very difficult to do this without buying a booster, watching the hourly camp ads, skipping the distance or not replaying any maps you get 1-2* on when you might be able to get 3*.

The update notes mention a RSL18 start, doubles starting at 23 and no mention of triples so hopefully they run this format for a little while so it can be given a proper chance.
    kiwinz7Narnia
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,942
    @ignas really end gamers aren't hitting RSL 32? I've got level 22 survivors and 1 round away from 32 myself and I'm 4th in my guild. The maps are horrible but don't see why people wouldn't reach their usual level of difficulty.
    WellyLuga
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    Is it just me or is this VERY hard
    Message me if you wanna
    kiwinz7
    A short answer to the above rant...
    I enjoy the challenge for variation in enemies and employing different tactics. Doing scavenge missions with same enemies in it's place is not what I want to be doing.
    shaunatthepub
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited September 2018
    @Danski_46
    Yeah, I don't like scavenging, either. But as was suggested, you can replay challenge maps, try different tactics, try to get 3 stars instead of 2. All under the assumption that you got about the same amount of TG and challenge crates as before, just with a shorter challenge which would mean you would have hit the wall sooner.

Then you will now have time to retry the maps you have failed or only gotten one or two stars on, maybe advancing to a higher difficulty than before because you have time (and gas) to try different things or just repeat the maps with the old setup, hoping to be more lucky.

That was part of the idea behind it...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    anniesprinkles
    @Jaden, I only replay maps when I'm on double stars. I appreciate that it would extend the playability for some but it's not for me.
    I prefer to do the round, get the bonus stars and move on. I'm at the level(32)that I first got to on a zero bodyshot weekend but 450 less stars . Some in my guild are struggling to get to 1000 when they have done it on a weekly basis before.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    @Danski_46

And dedicating all my time to play challenges and to not be able to go on because time ran out is not my thing.

There have been suggestions how to fix that. UC doesn't address it, really, because it has people on both sides who are unsatisfied. Same for normal challenge.

The one thing I really don't get, though, is the fixation on stars. I find it illogical to complain about the amount of stars if everyone gets fewer and the rewards are still the same. But it must be something so ingrained that many people can't see past it. NG best figure out a way to award more stars during UC (but still the same amount of rewards) and at least that complaint would be out of the equation.

Or better yet, try one of the suggested solutions.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Danski_46PigBenisJayZanniesprinkles