Update 2.12 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 209
    With the challenge reduced, more time will be left of the supply search mission, which will be essential with the new upgrade, as we will need to upgrade all buildings.
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    iced1979
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    The details about the challenge are meant to describe how players will experience the *normal* format once they upgrade their characters to the new maximum character level.

The Ultimate Challenge is just an event, and is not replacing the normal challenge pattern.

We are using the UC events to explore ideas that may find a balance between the complaints of added grind and the desires of players who want lots of missions to play. If there is any change to the normal format, we will be very clear that a change is coming. That is not the case with the release of 2.12.

Other small notes:
    -You can play with both Ricks on the same team.
    -The original heroes will still be available once the new versions are released.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    zeekdogDanski_46BWils
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    What was the thought process behind duplicating Rick/Glenn/Morgan? I like the skills but not a fan of reusing heroes, with so many characters in the universe it feels kinda lazy.
    R2runfastWhereisHeathbigbeano
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Deadheads said:

What was the thought process behind duplicating Rick/Glenn/Morgan? I like the skills but not a fan of reusing heroes, with so many characters in the universe it feels kinda lazy.

Obviously I can't speak on behalf of NG but from reading previous comments from staff,

in order for NG to add a new character in the game NG must first secure a contract with AMC & the actor behind the character. It's possible no other actors wanted to enter a contract or something similar.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Danski_46SPC_TORRES
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,760
    Always look for the silver lining
    We could have gotten franks and beans Eugene

DoTakSCBMAzeekdogJenng
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    TJS said:

Deadheads said:

Obviously I can't speak on behalf of NG but from reading previous comments from staff,

in order for NG to add a new character in the game NG must first secure a contract with AMC & the actor behind the character. It's possible no other actors wanted to enter a contract or something similar.
    Thanks @TJS, at least that's a legitimate reason if true...
    TJS
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    @WalkerRon dude, you could just "pretend" there is only one Rick... just don't take both on a mission. Pick the Rick that most suits your mission needs and saddle up ;-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    1RisTCBRITO
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Or they could give us a rename option on the Heroes and let us buy skin changes.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,746
    Let's not pretend we would ever take original Rick on a mission, even for the novelty value of having two :lol:
    zeekdogRWSBWilsbigbeano
  • Debbo34Debbo34 Member Posts: 37
    "Players with three or more survivors of level 24 or higher will start the Challenge each week at Difficulty 18, and start playing two rounds per difficulty at Difficulty 23.

The Distance Hard Mode missions have had their difficulties adjusted to account for the new maximum council level."🤔

I was so happy about getting a council upgrade until I read what I cut and paste above. It seems like everytime they upgrade the council they adjust everything to be harder. I wanted to make my character higher levels so I can beat the distance and make it further in the weekly missions. Instead, everytime they upgrade the council I feel like I am running in place wasting a lot of time and energy to not move any further than I already have.

Also, they say they adjust the number of stars to make up for the less rounds in the weekly missions, but I think their calculation is off somewhere because when they have these types of events I always see myself and my guild members ending the week with less stars and less round passes.

My suggestions
    Why make the distance harder ? why not just add an insane mode to the distance for people who have a legion of maxium pink star heros?

Why not make an option to choose if you want to do two or three round per level in weekly missions?

That being said, the other upgrades seem interesting and I do look forward to them. Although, I don't really understand why we have to have two of each character instead of just improving the one we already have by giving the option on an interface before starting a mission selecting if we want our existing Glen to be a scout or if we want him to head out in his riot gear.
    ladre5TransmuteJunGeneral_Quatre
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    I'm ok with making the Distance harder under one condition.

Better rewards

Doesn't have to be huge either.

On the final Distance mission, offer +1 random generated Gold component. That'd be exciting! Could be a Frag?? Could be Tuna?! I know I'd be pushing excited to find out :smile:

Otherwise, I agree with @Debbo34 , what's the point of scavenging a billion tomatoes only to get right back to the same place I was before the update?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    @ATLAS-Z Yeah I do use him in the distance. I do prefer using Rosita, Aaron or Dwight usually as it requires a little less effort to get their trait to activate.

A nightmare mode must be within their thoughts. I'd rather they released that with walkers maybe 10-15 levels higher than what we have now in the hard mode with the rewards similar to the improved distance weeks than just bumping up the last 4-5 missions of the current hard mode.
    Danski_46
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    For mid players and end gamers you’re not making the distance harder just slower and more boring, that’s why I don’t play it some weeks. Keep it as it is at least for this council upgrade. It’s not as if we’re going to finish the 21 missions with three level 25 survivors.
  • shaunatthepubshaunatthepub Member Posts: 42
    @Bonaqua : "In order to gain the Building Points needed to get to Council 24, players will first need to upgrade their Radio Tent."

Is this figure based on the component scavenge tent being upgraded? Will players that have not upgraded the scavenge need to do so in addition to the radio tent before the council can be upgraded?
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    @shaunatthepub i believe that is correct. In order to have enough BP to do the next council upgrade, ALL other upgrades would have to be completed first. this includes the walker pit, outpost, scavenger, badge building, tents, farms, training grounds, work shop, hospital, supply depots, radio tower, and the mission car.
    shaunatthepub
  • shaunatthepubshaunatthepub Member Posts: 42
    @Phalanx44 That what I was thinking. I assume most maxed tomato players have already upgraded the scavenge because wth. Now the players that didn't will wish they had.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Yep. Just as you had to do one upgrade of a building, ?hospital?, before you could upgrade council last update that had one.

It will be there taunting you before you can progress again.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

shaunatthepub
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited October 2018
    Hello! (:

only letting you know that I've added a list of bug fixes to the Update 2.12 Patch Notes
    Danski_46sbfBWils
    Wow, a fix to the revenge bug. I was not expecting that! Thanks @Kaz and the team!
    ATLAS-Zbladgiermik81sbf
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    @kaz the bug fix for the gate opening being interrupted please tell me that was when bruisers punished!!!
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    > @Firekid said:
    > @kaz the bug fix for the gate opening being interrupted please tell me that was when bruisers punished!!!

Would have been nice to have that on this last Challenge set. Oh well, next time it'll be useful.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • TheKingTheKing Member Posts: 79
    Hi do we know the time when the update will be available for download UK time 😀
    @TheKing Normally mid-morning, the distance will go live at 1pm and I imagine they'll want it out before then.
    Danski_46TheKing
  • TheKingTheKing Member Posts: 79
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > @TheKing Normally mid-morning, the distance will go live at 1pm and I imagine they'll want it out before then.
    Thank you 😉
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Riot gear glenn Gameplay

aafr99bigbeano
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 289
    @Kaz ... scavenger missions at 6 gas?
    PigBenis