Ultimate Challenge question...

..i ask again...

The grind is fixed now and we will always start at a higher level? Or after 1 or 2 Council upgrades we will be again at the same point playing too many rounds?
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,128

--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Jaden
    jrodrf2 said:

Nope, this week only. And for the record, I enjoy the challenge grind and am happy that it will be back to normal next week.

We are back to the normal challenge????
    bigbeano
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,178
    Yep I'm afraid. It's just madness, they could keep it the same for another week or two to give it a fair chance but nope. Back to the grind next week with 4-5 less round passes and 73 million supplies to farm...
    1RismsapaevZette
    I will quit the game. Can't handle that anymore...
    Danski_46
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @ShadowaceAz

Scavenger and all was suggested for those who enjoy grinding - or repeating challenge maps. Just saying. ;)

I agree, though - hate scavenging, hate raiding...

And need to learn to just play to a point where I still enjoy it and stop. Do it most of the times now. Sometimes I still feel compelled to play, but mostly I just don't.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    capibarabigbeano
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 959
    Don't mind outpost raids if there's nothing else to do, at least they mostly have challenging enemies.
    Really don't know why NG have all the story maps available and they just let them rot in cyberspace instead of doing something with them?
    Zettebigbeano
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466

Instead of quitting the game buddy, why not just play to a point you're tired of the challenge and stop?

I guess that's what confuses me the most.

@ShadowaceAz
    The problem is that the challenge isn't fun until you get to a certain difficulty. One-shot kill difficulty levels are not enjoyable because they don't involve any aspect of strategy and there are too many of them. We're all already tired of the challenge when it starts because there is too much ground to cover before it actually matters what survivors we take on a mission. I hope this concise perspective does something to address your confusion.
    crambert_neccapibara
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Yeah, what they all said. I'm at the point where I'd rather have a hole in my head than play through all of the difficulty levels in the 20s. I haven't played to my potential in months because the grind is miserable.

High end players enjoy the high end levels because they involve strategy and not just point and shoot. We recommend to lower and mid level players to switch to outpost/scavenger when you reach your cap because you all apparently like grinding mindless stuff. That's why we say those things.

There's at least 2 fairly simple solutions to tweak the challenge in order for ALL player levels to be happy with it, but I'm not going to even post them because every time I do NG staff poo-poos it immediately.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Max level players and high end players are two separate things.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,351
    I am both @crambert_nec. Please stop speaking for me.
    PigBenisallis
    @SCBMA never even said your name, dude
    Edd8
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @ShadowaceAz I’m with you. I just play until I’ve had enough and then just collect gas and free stuff the rest of the time. This week that came way faster than normal mode. I’m good with it. Helps me play this game less :-)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    SPC_TORRESShadowaceAz

capibara said:

I will quit the game. Can't handle that anymore...

Instead of quitting the game buddy, why not just play to a point you're tired of the challenge and stop?

I guess that's what confuses me the most.

I find scavenging and, oh hell yeah, outpost raids, are the definition of "grind". Same maps over and over and over, yet this is what some recommend we switch and enjoy when hitting the "challenge wall".

This week I hit the wall much sooner than before, instead of playing as much by using the other stages, I simply log in and collect items and leave. I'm not quitting the game, nor am I playing the other maps.

Wow, that was windy... I guess I'm trying to say, if you enjoy your guildmates, play for the fun and not for the global score.

Remember we like you too much to lose you!!

Indeed... you are right...indeed it's 2 months i'm playing into a secondary guild to avoid playing again and again those 1600 stars i was used.... either way being into a secondary ....i will find every week myself playing 30 boring rounds, blindfolded... slowly approaching to lvl 30 or 31 to complete tons of maps where NOTHING is "challenging"... only a repetition of start game, shot shot shot, overwatch move, move, move, open crates, watch video, scrap, scrap, scrap and repeat at infinitum... :/

All that without even being with my guildmates....because being with them means being playing every single moment free of the day and the week when i'm not sleeping, working or eating my poo... :# ...(and consider that i never scavenge or play Distance. My last distance was for the RPG...)
    bigbeanowrinkled_bag
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    as i told before several times, if people could choose the level they want... back to work.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,781
    Normal challenge with round passes optional seems an easy fix...

Still think master stage is best, but optional round passes second best.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Jadentabernac
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I proposed also to give some RP as you progress on the challenge, that way you are really reducing the grind on the top, ultra players that get really far away. Same concept as with summer tokens, at certain number of stars you get 1 RP. It may not be the best solution, but it is easy, doesn't involve much and you are targeting the players that you want.
    WellyLugaJadenDoTakATLAS-Z