Are you excited about Distance Difficulty increase?

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36682/update-2-12-patch-notes#latest
Kaz said:

The Distance Hard Mode missions have had their difficulties adjusted to account for the new maximum council level.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Concordia

Are you excited about Distance Difficulty increase? 74 votes

I like the idea, I need more challenge
5%
zeeblackromeoaquiladen4play 4 votes
I'm disappointed, I was hoping to have a chance
77%
TransmuteJunElkadorWalkerRonReeconnMortmerJenngKyrusTheCrabJadenGolf150JackBauerSlowMoGeneral_QuatreVileManiacekimhclewChupacabraanniesprinklesjpsWattlaueferMARTYIV 57 votes
Other (I'll leave a comment below)
17%
ATLAS-Zjimmorrison369bigbeanozivaoliviasbfTJSKratosDBonesWellyLugaEdd8mack22Cronusmsapaev 13 votes
Other (No comment)
0%

Comments

• zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 179
    I think at some point we will need three Distance modes. Maybe we are there now?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,947
    Like Cronus, I was hoping for less gass slurpy slurpy...
    JenngSCBMA
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    I've beaten all the map sets of the distance but two new sets are quite challenging without increasing the difficulty.
    jimmorrison369SCBMAJadenATLAS-Z
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 342
    Just wondering if upgrading survivors to 25 and weapons to 28 will compensate walkers buff.

35 normal walkers have 16729 health but level 38 normal walkers have already 28120
    For special walkers the buff will be even bigger.

It will also take a lot of time for us to upgrade all buildings, upgrade survivors, find weapons, so we could say that we are taking advantage of upcoming update. So if the difficulty should be adjusted it shout take place in weeks or months time and not next week.
    ATLAS-Z
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 894
    I only just get to the 2nd Aaron tokens with a pb of the 2nd to last mission. Moving the goalposts is going to make it impossible for me.
    ShadowaceAz
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,021
    Increasing the level only increases the difficulty temporarily. Once we get level 25 survivors and 28 weapons it will even out and be no different to what it is now. The walkers will be slightly stronger but our survivors will be significantly more powerful. It also shafts the players who were maybe on the cusp of completing it for the first time. The players who may have been within an inch of grabbing the dangling carrot only to have it moved further in front of them.
    Danski_46ShadowaceAzKatz_Killers18
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 309
    Don't care either way. I only play the distance if I need a reliable way to get guaranteed legendary gear. Otherwise the entire concept of the distance is dull as f**k.
    bigbeano1Ris
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    No.

I play the distance once or twice a month. It’s boring, Hero tokens rewards won’t help promoting my 2 and 3 pink stars heroes unless I play for 10 years or so. Epic fragments and components, well screw that

Increasing difficulty won’t make the distance more challenging for me, just a bit slower maybe i’ll have to kill 12 survivors instead of 10 but it will affect many others.
  • TheWalkingStephTheWalkingSteph Member Posts: 32
    I think NG should wait to increase difficulty, upgrading our survivors and equipment is not for tomorrow so...
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I’m in agreement with @mimica on this. What’s the point of an update giving us another level up for survivors and gear if you’re just going to make a corresponding increase in difficulty? They cancel each other out. Under those circumstances, id rather just keep everything as is - at least I already have a full cache of weapons and armor. Leveling up - and starting my gear inventory back over - actually represents a step BACK in this situation. Yes, I realize the step back is only temporary (until I have a new full cache of gear), but what is my new goal now? Simply to return to the status quo? Seems counterintuitive to me 🤨
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    CronusJadenjimmorrison369
    @DBones Yep, well that's been the case the entire time we've played the game. We move up a level, but so does the level of scavenges and so does the start point to the challenge. So this isn't really anything new or specific to the distance! C'est la vie.
    1RisKatz_Killers18
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    since i never finished in hard more... no!
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm not excited about an increase in difficulty but I'll adapt to it.

No complaints here.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    1Ris
  • titustitus Member Posts: 92
    It's another nerf plain and simple! Why not have another difficulty mode with some leg components? They just want to extract every single dollar they can from their player base. It's the old 1 step forward 2 steps back in this game. P.s I was so close to getting those epic frags I guess I can kiss those goddbye! Trust in NG! Not!
    Danski_46
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 329
    As one who just recently started working on the hard distance...It does not bother me at all. I can only get to level 12 most times but I am okay with that. I still choose normal mode occasionally depending on rewards and how much time I have. BUT completing it with no lost survivors can be pretty boring so that is why I decided I am ready to work on the hard mode.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    mobbie said:

Oh look Difficulty will go up and rewards will be still crap

I can only think of one solution for you....

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBonesShadowaceAzJaden
    @Dbones Yes, I completely agree. If I'm not mistaken I'm sure the same thing happened last council update, we went from 23 > 24 and the walkers towards the end of the distance moved up a level too. I may be wrong though. It should have remained the same as it was as like you say, it's okay for anyone who can already complete it easily as it's an extra challenge until we move our team up to 25 but anyone working their way up is getting set back a level.

A nightmare mode has to be in the back of their minds. I don't mean to brag but most weeks I can complete the distance whilst losing less than 25% of my roster and there will be many players who will lose less. Upping it by 1 level whilst also releasing a council update isn't going to change that.
    DBonesignasVins
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    No, this sucks. OK(ish) for the top level players... again.... but very hard on people who came later to the game. By later, I mean that playing every day gets you lv23 survivors after 15 months. Back to playing easy mode again then.
    Fingerfood
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,298
    edited October 2018
    Most of us didn't even have a normal mode while we were climbing...

Just saying
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]l.com
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    ATLAS-Z said:

Most of us didn't even have a normal mode while we were climbing...

Just saying

While this is true, Distance "Hard" Mode was named in October 2017
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30204/update-notes-2-8

The Distance was introduced in August 2017
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29029/update-notes-the-distance

So really, while "climbing" there was less than 2 months before a "easy" mode was released.

So this is not disagreeing with what you said, only pointing out that 2 months isn't all that long of a timeframe. 😜
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    So excited, I didn't even play Distance today...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeano