PSA: Please remember player level 68 is no longer the max, the level of gear from crates adjust

zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,430
FYI: This happens every update that has an increase in player level. Please note that player level 68 is no longer the maximum so the level of gear from crates (gold, epic, legendary (not the class specific ones) is not guaranteed to be max survivor level.

Thank you,

Comments

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 989
    @zbot is there a level to guarantee level 25 gear from Legendary Gear Creates in the TG Shop?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,996
    Equipment Rewards for Level 68 Players
    Players with every building upgraded to the maximum level will have reached level 68. The Equipment rewards these players find in the Trade Goods Shop, Radio Tent, and Challenge crates will always be level 24. Additionally, crates opened after missions of Difficulty 24 or greater will also only produce level 24 equipment.

So we still shouldn't get gear that is below 24.

Once players have reached the maximum possible player level by building and upgrading their Camp Buildings, they should no longer find Equipment lower than the maximum level while playing equally difficult or harder missions.

Assuming this is still true... when everything (radio tent, council, workshop, training grounds) has been upgraded

@General_Quatre

Of course that is from the balance update patchnotes, so who knows... I just assume that unless stated otherwise, old announcements like this are supposed to still be true.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SPC_TORRESMattOfEarthTripodJenng
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,852
    We aren't lvl 68 players with every building upgraded anymore...

Only lvl 68 players.
    PigBenis
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,049
    I believe it's working as intended. Every time you see 24 or 68 in the post above it should be replaced with 25 and 70 respectively. Prior to this update L68 non maxed players could still get L22 and L23 gear which is once again the case since they are no longer maxed.

Not saying I agree with the decision, only that I understand the logic behind it.
    Black Labs Matter.
    jimmorrison369
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 64
    Hi all,

Today i bought a box vs 500 Trade good and tada.... lvl 23 weapon... seriusly this is not the way. I have lvl 68 we need lvl 24 or 25 weapon and armor.
    MattOfEarth
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    If you are less than player level 70, the minimum gear drop should be 23, until you hit rsl 24. At which point it should be gear level 24.

Once you hit player level 70, minimum gear drop should be 24 until you hit rsl 25. At which point it should be gear level 25.

Until you are at max player level, there is a variation in gear level drops of +/-1. Once you are at max player level, the only variation possible is -1 and you are given the bonus of minimum level 25 gear once you hit the appropriate rsl to offset that drawback.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Jenng
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Getting level 22 gear is bullshit, I agree on that.

Level 23 gear? That's just how the game goes when max player level goes up. It's a small price to pay for a few weeks while you build up to the point that you have guaranteed max level gear again.

Or NG could just go back the level variation all the time and tell players to go pound sand. I know which set up I'd prefer.

Griping about level 23 gear in this instance falls into the "first world problem" category, imo.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    jimmorrison369Jenng
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,852
    It sucks, being max lvl this long.

Nearly forgot how screwed up it is to get -2 (can be even -3 if really unlucky iirc) gear when you need +1

At least Tradegood crates guarantee minimum of -1...
    Jenngromeo
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    What is the max level now ?
    Message me if you wanna
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    What a major disappointment when I got a lvl22 from my daily quest gold chest.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm definitely not here to argue the point or anything but shouldn't equipment atleast be survivor lvl + or - ???
    (eg lvl24 survivors = lvl23, lvl24 or lvl25 equipment)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Danski_46WellyLugaATLAS-ZDodkong
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,141
    I wish I could get some level 10 Razor/Interrupt weapons for my scout pawns ;-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MrsScattercushionromeo
    Or.... some level 10 Razor/Interrupt/Concussion for my bruiser pawns
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    MrsScattercushionromeo
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 72
    Maxed players at camp level 68 should not see level 23 gear just because the camp max can go up. Should still be 24 or 25 for us. Just trashed a lvl 23 leg gear.
    WahooDawg
  • suffolkpapasuffolkpapa Member Posts: 5
    Been Level 68 for a long time - what are the requirements to advance to the next level and then more?
    SuffolkPapa

sborg
    Everyone agrees, lvl 68 should not be seeing level 23 gear.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't deliberate tho, only a function if/then code in place from before update with specs we don't currently meet?

Whatever... Next.
    romeo
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Everyone agrees, lvl 68 should not be seeing level 23 gear.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure this wasn't deliberate tho, only a function if/then code in place from before update with specs we don't currently meet?
    >
    > Whatever... Next.

I don't agree. It's a function of player level and it will return once players are maxed again. Yes, it's unfortunate, but I understand it. It seems like everyone is only looking at the one side of it...that being L68 maxed players being downgraded to seeing lower equipment. But if you approach it from the other end of the spectrum, a non maxed L68 player that today gets to where many of us were maxed long ago would be getting the benefit from a non maxed camp. That doesn't make sense to me.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,628
    So to confirm, once we upgrade all 4 buildings and reach max level again we will only ever see level 25 gear and gold crates will stop spitting out green gear? Best get my farming hat on this weekend!
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2018
    I'm lvl 68 and received this "present" from a cinema today :D
    psychwolfMarcus6253Jenngmack22
    @PigBenis ok, so what in my statement don't you agree with? You pretty much said the same thing I did in a different way?

If max player level, then max level gear drops. What are you disagreeing with exactly?
    edited October 2018
    L68 is not max level anymore...L70 is. Once a player is at L70 with all buildings upgraded, only then will they see L25 guaranteed gear. That is the perk of being a max level player, which nobody at L68 is anymore. The coding is working as it did in the past before the "perk" of guaranteed L24 gear was introduced.

I agree that it sucks that L68 players can get L22 and L23 gear, but I don't agree that they shouldn't be getting that gear because the coding as I understand it says that they can very likely get it.

If L24 gear is guaranteed for L68 players, which is no longer the max level, then where does it stop? Why not guaranteed L23 gear for lower level players? My point is that coding never existed, as far as I am aware, to provide guaranteed level gear for non maxed players and that is what players are complaining about now because they've been used to the perk of getting guaranteed L24 gear.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Dodkongfreedydaddy
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Everyone agrees, lvl 68 should not be seeing level 23 gear.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure this wasn't deliberate tho, only a function if/then code in place from before update with specs we don't currently meet?
    >
    > Whatever... Next.

@PigBenis isn't that exactly what I've said, but with a lot less ramble?
    1RisWellyLugaADPaq
    No. You are saying L68 shouldn't be seeing L23 gear and I'm saying due to the coding they should be now with the update and L70 being new max level.
    Black Labs Matter.
    edited October 2018
    Ok I see your confusion, let me me edit my original post to confer my meaning

.> @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Everyone agrees, [it's really stupid for] level lvl 68 players to be seeing level 23 gear.
    >
    >
    > Whatever... Next.

Is that better.

You were reading my "should not" as an absolute. Not the intention.

It was meant to be read like "you should not steal" and not "stealing is impossible and should not be happening"

Hope that clarifies
    Danski_46