Getting low level gear in crates

I am getting level 22 gear in crates on the challenge
I thought I would only get level 24 and level 25 if my camp is level 68?

Did I dream that ?

Comments

• GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    You are no longer at the top level.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2018
    @Gebobs

I have been getting only level 24 gear for a long time

Read This here
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36182/august-2018-balance-update-mobile-version#latest

Equipment Rewards for Level 68 Players
    Players with every building upgraded to the maximum level will have reached level 68. The Equipment rewards these players find in the Trade Goods Shop, Radio Tent, and Challenge crates will always be level 24.

So why would I now get level 22 gear in crates if top level is now 25
    Just because the radio tent is not fully upgraded yet?
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    Because not every building is maxed now, so the conditions are no longer met to make the statement true.
    Black Labs Matter.
    That's dumb and it's a penalty
    ZetteWahooDawg
  • mongo_nine_one_onemongo_nine_one_one Member Posts: 238
    Who believes that all is fair, in game play...

( Pssst... NG does... thus “ Nerf “ exists... )
    EL34xyz
    edited October 2018
    The rule should be adjusted so that the gear you get should be equal to your lowest srvr level
    If I have all level 24 hunters, I should not get a level 22 rifle or armor

It would encourage people to upgrade all their srvrs if they want top level gear in crates
    Firekid
    What about the throw away pawns for Distance? No sense in upgrading walker food.
    Black Labs Matter.
    And the rule will be adjusted...when you hit L70 and all buildings are maxed. This encourages people to spend money on the game in the form of supply bundles, gas boosters, etc.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    > @EL34xyz said:
    > The rule should be adjusted so that the gear you get should be equal to your lowest srvr level
    > If I have all level 24 hunters, I should not get a level 22 rifle or armor
    >
    > It would encourage people to upgrade all their srvrs if they want top level gear in crates

I have to disagree with this idea. I keep 2-4 daily call 1* Scouts around as my sprint team for Distance missions. By this idea, I'd have to dump XP into them if I ever wanted to see appropriate level Scout gear.

Having a +/-1 level variation is reasonable. Why we are seeing -2 level gear is a very good question.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    TJSpsychwolfDBonesJenng
    edited October 2018
    yeah, I forgot about my 3 level 17 outpost defenders with level 1 gear that never get updated
    Never mind

I guess it will be a few months before all buildings are upgraded

Oh boy, just got a nice level 23 legendary rifle
    I'll use it to prop open the front door on the council RV
    ZetteDanski_46
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 366
    I haven’t seen yet OFFICIAL statement from NG that this is not a bug, so I hope @Kaz any minute will say this nonsense will be fixed.
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 382
    > @ignas said:
    > I haven’t seen yet OFFICIAL statement from NG that this is not a bug, so I hope @Kaz any minute will say this nonsense will be fixed.

i really hope that's the case here!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,288
    Glad I'm not an endgamer! I'm used to getting perfect traits on a weapon the level below my survivors!
    Jenng
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @Firekid

Used to be the same for maxed players until most of us had our gear anyway - then we suddenly had guaranteed 24 gear (yay!) only to now be back to lower gear because we need higher gear now. Perfect logic, right?

And on my baby account, I usually get gear that is higher than my survivors. Guess I haven't leveld them up as quickly as I could have. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JenngSPC_TORRES
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,379
    Welcome to my world, bitchatchos! :p

Back to the not maxed! ( minus @Movado , obviously)
    DoTakSPC_TORRESRWSbladgier
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    not cool. whenever the updates come. its a nerf and downgrade for long time players who have slugged it out this far.

all the tomatoes that we have worked hard on and time and money invested into the game just to get slapped in the face.