Badge Question

Hi, I wondered whether there are hidden tiers for badges, based on the current survivor level when the badge has been crafted. To cite an example: Would a badge crafted at survivor level 24 have a higher possible range of numeric values than a badge crafted at survivor level 15?

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    To put it simple.

No. Badge crafting results are not based on survivor level in any way.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    jimmorrison369
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 973
    It would be nice to get badges without stupid bonus conditions. I never use Eugene or Ezekiel but I have several badges with bonuses based on them being a teammate.
  • magicshishamagicshisha Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for your quick reply though are you really sure that there is no hidden badge item level? Because I noticed the crafting cost going up at some point. Also, if you are right it would mean that all badges with flat bonuses would eventually become less viable compared to percentage based ones. Shouldn't they be adjusted, every time a new council level upgrade becomes available, which happens 2-3 times a year?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    - If there's something hidden I or anyone else hasn't noticed anything. Some of my best badges were crafting in the months after they were introduced.

- I didn't know that crafting cost goes up. Are you sure? I've never heard of this before.

- You correct about + badges becoming less effective than % badges as you level up survivors.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Yes I am sure. That's the reason I decided to create an account and ask in the forums :smiley:
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Yes, supply cost does increase to craft badges, as levels increase, though this gains you no favors from the RNG Gods.

It's simply akin to scavenger missions costing more gas as you increase in levels.

Sorry to be the doomsayers.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

jimmorrison369
    Hmm, fair enough. Could this also be confirmed from official side, please?
    @magicshisha

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/297856/#Comment_297856
    Shteeve said:

In the case of component recipes, we specifically wanted to build a feature that encouraged theorycrafting, pattern recognition, sharing recipes and results, and other forms of discussion. So sharing this down to the percentage is counter to that goal, and would have precluded all of the conversation about this that has come before. Yes, the combinations have an effect; yes, you can get any result with any recipe; and no, we won't say more than that.

Concordia

magicshishaSPC_TORRES
    Thanks for your answer and all these links ShadowaceAZ, though I think you might have misunderstood my post. I am well aware that results are random. My question, however, is whether the range of possible results changes based on survivor or building level.

So let's assume for a moment that there is something like a hidden badge item level and a player with survivor level 15 crafts a legendary +damage badge.

The possible range of results could be anything between 490 and 700. He rolls a 650 (just using fictional values here).

If he were to craft another legendary + damage badge at survivor level 16 the possible range of results could be increased to 493 - 703.

It might not be a huge difference and most of the time a crafting result wouldn't yield a max or min value anyway. Though if you if you wait until you hit max level it might become significant enough to consider. So basically I am asking if I should save my components to have a better shot at higher results once I reach survivor level 24+ or just yolo craft whenever I gathered enough components.
    I °YLED. I haven't noticed anything improving or degrading from level 19 to 24.

° You Live Every Day
    Concordia

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Good question, @magicshisha !

So yeah, as some have said here already, badges don't take your survivor or player level into account. However, the numbers there can vary a lot, so the experience you had is probably a coincidence. So the flat damages sometimes are better than the percentage bonus depending on what level you are on.
    magicshisha
    Thank you very much for your answer, @Kaz :)
    Kaz