Stats for nerds (upgrading to 25)

I wanted to test how long it would take to farm enough tomatoes to upgrade survivors and weapons from 24 to 25. I did a 15-minute test video farming 1 million tomatoes to gather some statistics. There are a lot more stats that could be taken from the video, but I think this is a good enough start. Here it is. enjoy :)

Farming tomatoes statistics*

- using Glenn with training gear (40 %) + a scout + Abraham on Supply Missions “Normal”

Video length: 15 minutes 34 seconds = 934 seconds
Number of missions completed: 24
Average time / mission: 38.91 seconds (includes menu screens between missions)

Tomatoes gained: (approx. 8.5 to 9.5 million) = 1,000,000
Average tomatoes / mission: 41,666
Average tomatoes / second: 1,070
Average tomatoes / minute: 64,239
Average tomatoes / hour: 3,854,389

( XP gained: (approx. 1.85 to 2.2 million) = 350,000
Average XP / mission: 14,583.33 )

Tomato cost to upgrade weapons and survivors from 24 to 25
= 15,000,000 (Radio Tent) + 20,000,000 (Council) + 19,000,000 (Training Grounds) + 19,000,000 (Workshop) = 73,000,000 tomatoes total

Average time to farm 73,000,000 tomatoes using the method in the video: 18.9 hours (assuming the speed in the video)

* all numbers are approximations
bladgierWellyLugaJackBauerTJSmimicaromeomsapaevDeathwish19SPC_TORRESTimboskiCronusDBonesaafr99mack22imacharlieShadowaceAzpsychwolfbigbeanobababooey

Comments

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Wondering if it's better to use Maggie though than Abe. Since Maggie has her xp bonus trait so have her do most of the killing and benefit from glenn lead.
    Timboskimsrebecca
    Maggie with training gear of course.
    Timboski
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2018
    Outstanding! Don't forget many of us will have started with full supplies, so only 53m. I'd guessed at 2-3m per hour and planned to boost later on, it makes me dread it a little less now that I see it's more like 4m per hour :smile:
    Dang it's gonna be a lot of grinding with the free gas pack.
  • Kappa123Kappa123 Member Posts: 203
    @WellyLuga yes, I also started with full supplies. But it is easy enough to figure out the time difference with 53 mil.

@WalkerRon that may be the case, however speed is always an issue. (At least in my experience) you can't actually play as fast with a hunter as you can with an assault because they kill less per shot on average. Plus having to actually think more may cost you an extra couple seconds on each level and your gains will decrease over time (plus thinking more sets in fatigue faster).

I agree on using more training gear though, but I only have one upgraded set because it's pretty bad for anything but this.
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    I'm about to start mine, I'll be happy if u do enough for council and tg, workshop can wait.
    So, normal is better than hard mode? And Glenn better than the Governor?
    I think if you can kill the walkers in the hard mode consistently in one shot as you can in normal it makes sense to do the harder mode. You'll get more overall.
    1Ris
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    Why have you preferred normal missions to hard ones?
    I assume that using Governor on hard supply missions give more tomatoes than using Glenn in normal ones.
    Normal is definitely better for consistency and not having to think or get thrown off by a hospital wait
    In my opinion based on watching your video. You are better off using Glenn as the guy to open boxes. Have Maggie and Abe doing the killing each with training gear of course. Don't think the second scout is needed when Glenn can do the job.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    Depending on the state of your damage reduction badges, most end gamers' survivors should take 2-3 hits even in Hard mode.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • Kappa123Kappa123 Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2018
    @JayZ true for an assault, not true for a glenn or another scout, unless you plan on using your best defensive badges on him and a scout just for this. if you start reequipping the gold cost will outweigh the profit of doing any of this.

alternatively you could do the whole thing on hard with a highly equipped defensive team. I just like scouts cause they move so far ^^
    but easy with glenn will be more profitable than hard without glenn.
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 72
    I'm using Governor with xp armor, Glenn with SS Spear and Abe with xp armor. I'm on unlimited gas. I try to kill as many with Glenn as possible (sometimes 5 or 6 per turn!), and get to the exit quickly. repeat repeat repeat!
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 72
    Oh, and on hard mode, definitely!
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    While my radio tent was upgrading I did speed farm for supplies. Used gov as lead, Glenn on team, and another scout. Glenn had training gear and swift strike spear. I did not have any badges on him, so put 3 damage 3 DR. He was able to take 1-2 hits without bruising against lvl 28 (hard scavenge). Used free gift. Prioritized Glenn making kills - 1008 supplies per kill. Generally finished each mission the turn after the first spawn wave, so only dealt with initial walkers. In the 24 hour window, earned over 15 million supplies to max out just before radio tent finished
    Zette
    hard vs normally really also depends on your equipment and badges. if you're killing stuff one shot and not getting body shots, then sure by all means go for hard mode.
    @Kappa123 I will admit that I'm a bit badge-rich, so I have about a dozen extra epic damage reduction badges that aren't being used on my A, B, or even C teams. That's allowed me to badge up Glenn in a respectable manner.

I have a few other Scouts. Some of them are built to maximize critical damage, but generally my threat reduction Scouts are already equipped with damage reduction badges. So basically, my survivors are already set up and don't have to be changed or modified just for speed farming.

I do understand where you're coming from though. From playing this game for a while, I have accumulated a lot of good survivors, gear, and badges, which has made it possible for me to be flexible with these builds.

My Governor only one-shots level 28 walkers with the right combination of badges and a level 27 rifle with silver piercing, gold spread, and gold lethal, which is obviously not that common. If he didn't one shot level 28 walkers (which he didn't for a long time), I would likely consider running Normal mode scavenges as well.

In any case, thanks for sharing your stats. It would be very interesting to see how much one could speedfarm with Governor leading instead of Glenn. Maybe I'll do that this weekend if I have time!
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @JayZ must really suck to live in your world. 🤣
    I will admit that I'm a bit badge-rich, so I have about a dozen extra epic damage reduction badges that aren't being used on my A, B, or even C teams. That's allowed me to badge up Glenn in a respectable manner.

I only tease because I'm jealous!!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

JayZKappa123
    So I ran my own test with the team I described earlier, and here are my numbers for comparison:

tl;dr - Using Governor as the lead for quick farming missions can earn more tomatoes. Especially when NOT using an XP booster (because XP boosters increase tomatoes gained from Glenn's leader trait).

Teams:
    - Kappa: Glenn lead (Training Gear), Scout, Abe; NORMAL supply scavenge
    - JayZ: Governor lead (Training Gear), Glenn (Training Gear), Scout; HARD supply scavenge

Video length (I wanted to do 15 minutes for a direct comparison, but had too many network issues)
    - Kappa: ~15 minutes
    - JayZ: ~10 minutes

Number of missions*:
    - Kappa: 24
    - JayZ: 16

Average time per mission:
    - Kappa: 38.91 seconds
    - JayZ: 37.5 seconds

Tomatoes gained*:
    - Kappa: ~1,000,000
    - JayZ: ~770,000

Average tomatoes per hour:
    - Kappa: 3.9 million
    - JayZ: 4.6 million

XP gained*:
    - Kappa: ~350k
    - JayZ: ~300k

* Note that these are not directly comparable because our videos were different lengths.

Jaden
    Yeah I've found most success using a Glenn, assault and scout team on hard. Gov maybe kills 8/10 in one hit but the occasional body shots disrupt my rhythm. Plus like you say the gift doubles Glenn's trait so with training gear I was earning 8-12k per mission.

Gov is 1k extra from bronze, 2-3k extra on silver and 4-5k extra from gold. The main draw back to this is it relies on getting supplies from crates and I found that I often got 1-2 crates with components, gold, radios or gear each mission.
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 288
    hmmmmmm i think with need @DLich to go over these numbers
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber