Need for Restock after badge/component trade in?

afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
I get the purpose but I don’t see how not letting someone do multiple trades before restock will even make a dent in the collection of lower value components and fragments people have saved. Makes it so(like many have said from the start) just another chest that can be filled with unwanted garbage that no on can do much with.

Sure, you can delet a good badge to make a crappy badge to sell it but that’s not worth it.

Solutions: let us carry more complete badges or let us trade in more badge piece/components before a restock is needed.
Guts & Glory, not always in that order.

Comments

• BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 87
    EL34xyz said:

Why is the trade in on lower components limited to a re-stock event?
    Can't it be just another function in the craftsman?

I agree strongly! Many players have hundreds of components they would like to exchange, the way the event works now is not going to allow us to do that.
    Just add it to the craftsman so we can exchange ALL our low level stuff, not just some of it...
    MystiqueJenngZetteromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,298
    I 100% agree, but just saying if this format was made permanent, eventually it would pan out.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,021
    Agree with the above. I have hundreds of comps I've not been able to use due to the imbalance with drop rate between comps and frags. 5 traded in every 5 hours... I mean I don't even want to work out how long that will take me to get rid of them.

My main suggestion would be to get rid of the RNG. I had to wait 3 hours for my re-stock, a guild mate posted his and he had a legendary frag and metal on offer so I eagerly awaited mine. This is what I got... I feel like a one for all offer would be more fair.
    ATLAS-Z
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,125
    I'm assuming that if this event is run again then it would be one of the other component types? I'm quite lucky in the fact I had a fair bit of metal. I'm liking it so far but agree more chances to upgrade the lower stuff would be good. i mean I'm getting more 1* metal from crates then I can spend so will probably end up with more of it than I started with.
    DoTakATLAS-ZDBones
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    @kaz just wanted to thank you for the answer you actually took the time to give me.

Seeing as you got back to me and I might very well have a question that has the near same answer I’ve been wondering for sometime if there was some way it could be made easier to strap badges onto survivors. For example like in craftsman you can select what shape badge you want to look at, in the screen on survivors where you’re selecting what shape badge, out of all available shaped badges, is there a way where you could select a certain shaped badge to make it easier to put same shaped badges on the survivor in question. Maybe through a tab function, similar to the one in craftsman but in survivor badge selection screen.

That way players don’t have to take so much time finding optimal badge link ups, or use spreadsheets. and can tell what survivor a badge they may want to use are currently using said badge.

NOW, this question I’ve had for quite some time, selling badges, please remove the big black bar that covers up the final details of the badge that either says “equipped” or “9000 XP” blocking the small details of the badge.

If you could get me answers on that would be greatly appreciated, @Kaz .
    ATLAS-ZsligoemDBones
    > @Firekid said:
    > I'm assuming that if this event is run again then it would be one of the other component types? I'm quite lucky in the fact I had a fair bit of metal. I'm liking it so far but agree more chances to upgrade the lower stuff would be good. i mean I'm getting more 1* metal from crates then I can spend so will probably end up with more of it than I started with.

As far as I know different component combinations (same ranking I.e. metal/cloth/food/chemical) has no bearing on what you will receive as a badge so by all means don’t try to save certain ones over others.

From what I’ve read this is true but someone correct me if they have evidence I’m wrong
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Firekid @afroponix

I can only quote what I've seen before. Personal expensays you're gonna get what RNG Gods give ya, however, it was hinted by Shteeve that there is a way to hedge your bet.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/297856/#Comment_297856
    Shteeve said:

In the case of component recipes, we specifically wanted to build a feature that encouraged theorycrafting, pattern recognition, sharing recipes and results, and other forms of discussion. So sharing this down to the percentage is counter to that goal, and would have precluded all of the conversation about this that has come before. Yes, the combinations have an effect; yes, you can get any result with any recipe; and no, we won't say more than that.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

> @afroponix said:

>
    > NOW, this question I’ve had for quite some time, selling badges, please remove the big black bar that covers up the final details of the badge that either says “equipped” or “9000 XP” blocking the small details of the badge.

This IS super annoying. Much agree x10

And the sorting too
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    And regarding recipes @ShadowaceAz the answer is yes and no, so basically no. Haha
    Gradyafroponixromeo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > And regarding recipes @ShadowaceAz the answer is yes and no, so basically no. Haha

I just love sharing the answer because the logic is infallible. 🤣😂
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

afroponixromeo
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 342
    If we are talking about badge deleting improvement I would like to have an option to scrap it just after crafting and not have to scroll afterwords for a minute to find it and 300 other badges.
    DodkongWahooDawgDoTakATLAS-Z
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    ignas said:

If we are talking about badge deleting improvement I would like to have an option to scrap it just after crafting and not have to scroll afterwords for a minute to find it and 300 other badges.

Totally agree. Just do it like it is for gear. I'm so conditioned with how the gear can be scrapped upon receiving, I find myself tapping the badge I'm presented after crating 3-4 times before remembering that I have to go searching through all my badges to find it to scrap it.

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    ATLAS-Zafroponix
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 80
    I see no evidence that mixing things up creates one badge better than another. None....even under scientific conditions where each component was tore down to its very core, inspected,washed,rinsed and towel dried. What we did realize however. is that there is very much a need to have an option where the user can get rid of as many useless components as the user wishes. Those little one and two star things that have become quite bothersome. I only have a few survivors outfitted with 1 and 2 two star badges but its sad. The other better equipped survivors look down their noses at them....often pushing them first into harms way. There are morale issues within the group as a result. Besides keeping them around for months means the edibles rot, the metals rust and the cloth just attracts mice. The camp is becoming a cesspool. We need to clear.
    > @ninewalkers said:
    > I see no evidence that mixing things up creates one badge better than another. None....even under scientific conditions where each component was tore down to its very core, inspected,washed,rinsed and towel dried. What we did realize however. is that there is very much a need to have an option where the user can get rid of as many useless components as the user wishes. Those little one and two star things that have become quite bothersome. I only have a few survivors outfitted with 1 and 2 two star badges but its sad. The other better equipped survivors look down their noses at them....often pushing them first into harms way. There are morale issues within the group as a result. Besides keeping them around for months means the edibles rot, the metals rust and the cloth just attracts mice. The camp is becoming a cesspool. We need to clear.

And let’s not forget even if someone eats the rotten tins there’s a chance they will die from or go insane from metal poisoning like the hsm royal fleet or part of napoleons army
    ShadowaceAz
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    All in all this was a pretty duff event. There was one day (Saturday) when I had the opportunity for a good trade in (1 Leg badge frag for 10 Blue metal) but I was a little short on 4* metal and it didn't reappear again. In total I barely collected any decent badge fragments (2 x 3* I think) despite playing pretty continuously using a gas booster on Friday/Saturday.

The concept is good, but implementation was poor. One for the list of improvements NG...
    mimica
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 458
    I actually got three legendary fragments and two epic fragments from this event. Thumbs way up!
    mack22DoTak
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,222
    Wahoo @bragger ;) . I enjoyed the event as it gave me alot of frags, but as for legendary....

DoTakJaden
    Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm aware it doesn't make any difference which components you use you'll still get crit chance but knowing we may get another event like this it'll actually make sense to use your components evenly storing as much of each one as possible, or is it unlikely they'll do metal again so soon so just use as much metal when crafting badges to save others for the next event?
    That probably still doesn't make sense.
    Loved the event btw! Already had 6 gold frags which helped. managed to get 7 gold metal and 4 epic frags. So 6 decent badges hopefully!