Show ratings down. Viewers to gamers

Was reading about how many viewers there were for the first episode this season compared to last season. And apparently it's down by half. That's a huge chunk.

I personally stopped watching the show since last year after the first episode. Show has gone down hill for me. I briefly skimmed over Carl's death episode skipping to the end.

I'm curious how many people playing the game still watch the show. Would be an interesting survey question.

Comments

• CrashOutCrashOut Member Posts: 27
    Still watching just because I have watched it all the way through
    First Episode had me shaking my head at some of the stupidity
    Are they trying to get people to stop watching
    WalkerRonMattOfEarthhunter_xGovernator
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2018
    I just skim over the reviews and weekly recaps now. Faster to just read the text than to watch some painfully slow and boring episode.
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 374
    I've watched since day one and it used to be a family ritual. Now it's been reduced to a soap opera and sometimes zombies show up. The decisions they've made to skew the show away from the comics combined with the fallout from the actors have taken a toll on the fan base. Season 9 opened well but with all the drama spread over such a large area it seems one episode let alone season will never satisfy like the originals.
    psychwolfWalkerRonGovernator
    I expect more we leave the show as Rick and Maggie are leaving. It's alot harder for the show to gain new viewers at this point.

Especially those who binge is going to need to start from the season 1 being attached to Rick and Maggie. Somewhere along the line they might quit watching sooner than later. Getting new audiences in the middle of the show rarely happens.
    This game is based on the TV show. So I wonder how many new gamers they can attract as the show is slowly dying in ratings. Most of their advertising is done on the show and talking dead.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Just thought of a comparison show.

Big Bang Theory, another show we watched as a family until everyone got so mired in relationships that it also became a soap opera that made it hard and painful to follow.

Largest complaint my family had to both shows was "it used to be a story that I could follow, now it's so many stories at the same time it's confusing."
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

That's typically what Soap Operas and SitComs do. They bounce back and forth between scenes/plots/subplots hoping that one of them will interest one of the viewers enough rather than focus on one plot focusing on one central element.

And usually doing this allows them to kill off a character or plot and maintain the one that is most interesting.
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    only 1st season to 5 season are good enough to watch
    after that become more drama than action
    ADPaqpsychwolf
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,001
    It's difficult though as walkers are no longer a problem, they know how to deal with them even to use them to their advantage. They have their bases and it's turning into the politics show. I'm hoping something actually happens in epidisode 2!
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Season 1 was the only season not being a soap opera...
    I'm confused as how someone might feel it happened anytime later...

Still watching through better or worse though. It is a lot of horrible.
    But well, still lot of fun stuff too.
    Governator
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,073
    I think it's a victim of it's own success really. I still think the show is made and acted to a high standard, the effects are great and it's all very polished. If you'd never watched a single episode of the show and tuned in to watch the season premiere the other night I think it would peak your interest and you would probably check out the next one.

I think the main problem is the cast is so big now compared to season 1 with the Atlanta survivors, I find it difficult to follow sometimes when there are so many characters and story arcs to follow.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,491
    TV shows are tough to carry on that long.

In comics, no actors that get older. In TV they have lives, get old, complicates things.

I still enjoy the show, but yeah, I get it.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I dropped all connections and went full streaming a couple years ago and so I have no access to AMC channel
    I had DirecTV for many years but I finally pulled the plug

Last season I paid Amazon $40 to watch the whole season
    The episodes would air several hours after they aired on AMC

The inability of anyone to Kill negan was the last straw for me
    Negan can stand right in front of anyone and not get hit it seems

This new season?
    I could care less about paying for it and watching it

hunter_x
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 262
    I’ll watch until it’s over. I’ve invested this much time I just as well see it through
    DBoneszeekdogGovernator
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 738

Big Bang Theory, another show we watched as a family until everyone got so mired in relationships that it also became a soap opera that made it hard and painful to follow.

Funny, was thinking the same thing @ShadowaceAz. Still watch/like BBT but it was WAY better prior to Amy & Bernadette becoming main characters
    Yea not a big fan of those 2 gals becoming full time cast.

When it was just Penny. It was more entertaining.

And the Amy character got kind of annoying.

They don't portray the geeky pop culture nerd girls. The closest to that is the one Stewart is dating.

Anyways off topic there.
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    WalkerRon said:

Yea not a big fan of those 2 gals becoming full time cast.

When it was just Penny. It was more entertaining.

And the Amy character got kind of annoying.

They don't portray the geeky pop culture nerd girls. The closest to that is the one Stewart is dating.

Anyways off topic there.

even this show become more boring
    it's even not funny