Usage of a weapon with the Razor trait

Besides the reduction of bodyshot chances (which is awesome), the razor trait ignores a part of enemy's damage reduction. Thus, a weapon with the razor trait can be very useful against an enemy with DR. Actually, the question is who in the game has DR?

Obviously, outpost defenders and raiders can have DR. Anybody else?

It seems that even spiked and armored walkers have no DR because attacks without bodyshots deal normal damage to them. What about freemen? I haven't noticed the reduction of my damage to them. Does that mean that this part of the trait is quite useless in any game mode except outposts?
jimmorrison369

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Guild Wars is where this trait will have it's main purpose.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WellyLugajimmorrison369msapaevBill_ZRT
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Correct, outpost and guild wars.
    Nothing else has DR on enemies.
    msapaevTJS
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 677
    DR currently don’t work on Outpost defenders too.
    Btw does anyone know if the razor trait will work even when it’s supposedly 100% bodyshots? Will luck boost the razor trait?
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Armored walkers armor only affects ranged weapons, Razor trait is only on melee weapons, so it won't do anything different for the armor.

What are Armored walkers?
    Armored walkers are a special type of walkers which still carry their body armor and helmets around.

Because of that, they are Bullet Proof. It means that there is a very high chance your ranged attack against them will result in a Body Shot, no matter which level they are. These walkers are marked with a police shield sign.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

msapaev
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited October 2018
    @Steeboon, actually, DR works on outpost defenders because they and their armor can have iron skin.

UPD: edited to add that luck doesn't affect the razor trait.
    TJSjimmorrison369Bill_ZRT
  • Cory314Cory314 Member Posts: 23
    @Steeboon According to testing by our guild family melee master Lord, yes it works at levels of 100% bodyshots. He did 2000 stars last week with only melee teams so I lean towards believing his report.
    imacharlie
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    I suppose it would open up the possibility of new walker types that did have DR though.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 677
    @JayZ & @ShadowaceAz yea I thought the OP was referring to DR badges. I should have been more specific in my words.

Thanks for the answers @ShadowaceAz & @Cory314
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Bill_ZRT said:

I suppose it would open up the possibility of new walker types that did have DR though.

Where's the "Oh crap, don't give them ideas" button?
    😉
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,010
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/343834/#Comment_343834

Iron Skin trait ( Damage Resistance )
    Badges will give us Damage Reduction , which we all know outpost defenders can not benefit from.

or is this just NG wording ( not trying to be mean )

Will the razor trait work on both Damage Resistance and Damage Reduction

@Kaz

Seems like we could use your wisdom on this one