NML Hall of Fame #2 - Ideas Discussion

I think we should start organizing a new round for NML Hall of Fame, right after Nations War.

This post is to discuss ideas on how we can improve it.

Main complaints on the first one were that the voters were too few and felt like a closed group. Discussions and all topics can be found here.

Considering this is an event made by the players for the players, no one is getting paid to do it and we don't want to have tons of work to set it up, what are your suggestions?

Looking forward to this. Good vibes!
::
Mavericks Guild Family
SPC_TORRESDeathwish19capibaraBWilstdiddy

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,583
    You're a heave man trouble maker! I think a category hall of fame with a couple of nominations for each category and some sort of reason for the nomination. Then a closed vote on the forum to decide the winner? Obviously this would require a sub forum which I think is a good idea anyway.
    ShadowaceAzTroublemaker
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,161
    Thanks for contributing @Firekid

Can you develop more please? You have some nice ideas here.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • PicPic Member Posts: 755
    edited October 2018
    Maybe voters can be a wide group. And the ones voting could explain why they are choosing this person
    Troublemaker_Lily_BWils
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,397
    The whole concept of "What I have done" followed by a public voting is, well, amazing!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

SPC_TORRES
    And the award for most polite post saying this idea is no good goes too... @TJS! Congratulations! Hope you've got your acceptance speech ready 😉
    JadenBWilsTJS_Lily_
    edited October 2018
    To be honest i am struggling to come up with categories which are meaningful for the game. Most helpful videos is one idea. Another could be best newcomer (although not sure how that would work). Lifetime achievement award.
    Could also do some more fun ones like best IGN and best profile pic, funniest forum member.
    But before anyone spends too much time and energy on this a poll should be created to see if people actually want it. @troublemaker as this is your baby do you want to create it?

Edit to add: how could I forget the social butterfly award!
    edited October 2018
    There were players in the forum (or should I say "forum users") that went on first event just to mock, devalue, make fun or simply just spread hate and bully.

Those spent hours working towards actions that were nothing positive or productive. They simply wanted to destroy.

I see none of these people here bringing suggestions or wanting to build something.

This thread has been up for days and just a few have come with contributions, with honorable mention to @Firekid who has clearly put his head to work.

Also worth noticing is that the same hate squad from 1st edition has already made some inputs through reactions. None positive or constructive, again. Those same people demanded to be heard. The mic is open and they are hiding in the shadows. My work is done.

I'm dropping this completely as I don't have cockroach blood neither have to see or live all this hate for nothing. This was a last effort. Some may consider that they have "won". True fact is: we all lose.

I thank NG for the support, all the players that voted, those who helped immensely getting in touch with everyone, and of course all the HoFers for their questionnaires and nominations.

If anyone wants to take this over, it's open.

Good vibes.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    FirekidbladgierSebiSCBMAjimmorrison369Jadenwrinkled_bagcapibaraBWilsCronusBill_ZRTTatdJdmDoTak
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    not sure if above post was aimed towards me. i said my 2 cents before but sure ill add it again.
    @Amazayn for 2000 stars when 400 was a good score, LLS and other things ng had to update to slow him down. Best player ive ever seen, no offense to others.
    @Sekushi same as amazyn
    @Slayerstyle a master of the melee arts, always helpfull, and an all around great player who has visited many guilds and ultimately made each one better with strategy and explanations....
    @javajnkie as she leads the best guild, a good friend who we've tried to bbq but emergency in game, or beta testing etc she never puts her phone down. walking dead is her addiction.
    and with last hall of fame i said congrats to the winners, i simply did not see how amazayn wasnt on the list....
    my 2 cents once again
    bladgierKyrusJaden
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    theres plenty of worthy people out there ill put a few more names maybe others will follow suit and add as well
    savanaguy81 however spelled, can put scores up that rival stelio enough said there.
    @Uragoner world #2 , nice guy, only uses ranged, supposedly just turned 50 (more like 80) hall of fame for old guy
    @Nicholas french player may be retired not sure but had great challenge videos, great scorer, and always helpfull
    and lastly the forum user who always has the throat punch memes whatever her name is jeng or something i dunno to lazy to go look.......
    bladgierJenngDeathwish19Ivo
  • PicPic Member Posts: 755
    edited November 2018
    Like a group of coyotes. Do you all chat with each other before you post? =p all at once. I play with troublemaker guy had nothing but good intentions. Considering nobody wanted to put any effort into the project. Again.. Many had something to say about the project. Bazinga
    Troublemakercapibara
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    My posts are being deleted. Either close the thread or allow folks to respond to this new set of accusations and insults. I regret nothing. Good vibes.
    JenngSPC_TORRESwrinkled_bagcapibaraPic
    Thanks for your words @TJS .
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TJS
This discussion has been closed.