Challenge Balance Test - Let's make this together!

KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
UPDATE: Due to this week's challenge, we are postponing the faster progression next week. So the only difference next week is the Gas available in the Trade Goods Shop after every restock.

For the first week (November 21st), we would like to try:
- More Gas in the Trade Goods Shop after every restock.

-----

Hey, everyone!

We have some interesting plans that we want to run next week already, but I want to present it to you beforehand so we can make some adjustments if necessary.

So we have a month-long event (or longer) including different tweaks not only related to the challenges but also towards the game itself. Here's what we have planned:

- Triple Rounds per difficulty start later*
- Double Rounds per difficulty start later*
- Start the challenge at a higher difficulty*
- Special Walkers on each wave
- Gas as a reward in the Distance (it'll be added on top of what you normally get)
- More Gas in the Trade Goods Shop after restock
- Extra Challenge day (Ending on Tuesday instead of on Monday)
- Something more we come up with

*Including rewards readjustment.

We don't wanna run all those suggestions at the same time, but making small changes every week. So the process we would like to run would be like:
-> Announce what's coming next -> Play (Test) it -> Collect Feedback -> Try something else or improve the previous week -> Repeat

I understand that the most requested changes are the ones that require development time and options that gives more freedom to the player, but we want to check what we can improve for now since Guild Wars is coming soon. So please, bear with us. I'm sure we can build something better together. :)

Thanks for reading!

MystiqueGeneral_PainanniesprinklesWalkerslayer82Troublemakermimicavshield50Deathwish19TJSbladgierHuttSlayer23positiveAndreadocroddersromeoDEADITE_HUNTERNarniaflyingcowkingaquilaTheKingTCBRITOaafr99jimmydawiseimacharlieanthony172den4playBuckzzTHCrossDBoneskiwinz7crambert_necSpyFahqbendoverallent392KasimirRookiellFOEtrumptonribnreef

Comments

• 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 92
    Less rounds is a good idea. More gas in the shop is great. Unfortunately, completing less rounds will mean less TGs earned to purchase said gas... But I can live with that.
    TCBRITOribnreef
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 58
    I will be sure to offer my feedback after assessing these changes as they come.

Thank you for the heads up @Kaz will there be other threads for thoughts and opinions in regards to these changes?
    ShadowaceAzRookiellJ_Law
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 470
    > @Dragonfyre said:
    > So yet again catering to the end gamers who can afford to spend a ton of money to make survivors that most of the others can't. What about the mid range or lower players or the end gamers who are FtP that cannot get to level 32+? They watch their counts go down on stars yet again and even less time to play and enjoy the challenge?
    > Hell I'm an end gamer @70 who is very lucky to even get passed 31 to see a rd of 32 and now I get there by day one or two and challenge over? Does not sound like a good business model to me to cater to some and alienate many others at a loss of revenue for those who will play a day or two and then not even play.
    >
    > Maybe time for 2 types of challenge models to make it so ALL can have fun and play?
    > /rant off

star counts will be lower across the board.

Why are people unable to grasp this?
    JayZcrambert_necSpyJ_Law
  • DragonfyreDragonfyre Member Posts: 88
    Maybe because making the star count 300 or so is the new norm? And 1 or 2 days of play to max out and play another game? Especially end gamers who do not have God mode survivors?
    Some do still enjoy getting stars and rewards which every time have proven with the UC's and other attempts at change to not change or be a lot less. Disheartening to the player who is not a major player to play for a few crates and game over
    @Dragonfyre (Leader/Dragons Weyr)
    zivaoliviaDeathwish19DrhooJ_Law
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 569
    It's not just about star counts for me, the amount of post mission crates is much lower and also tg which we all need for upgrading survivors. Not a good way to go for all except the top 10%.
    TCBRITOzivaolivianaeljaJ_Law
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 283
    > @Kaz said:
    > For the first week (November 21st), we would like to try:
    > - 3 Rounds per difficulty starts at level 32 (so you more difficulties with only 2 rounds).*

@Kaz - I have asked 4 times if you could provide % of players reaching level 32 and I will ask once again. I know that those would be players that gives NG biggest revenue, but making changes only because of that won’t lead us anyway
    DragonfyreSpy
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,068
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Thank God for this! Ill add my vote to the no special walkers, cheap tactics at making the challenge more challenging. Just think back to one of the first UC's with the dreaded hilltop map rammed with tanks/armoured :lol:

That
    Was
    AWESOME!
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    Adamski316ShadowaceAzJ_Law
    Now imagine @WellyLuga that Hilltop stage with a couple Exploders mixed in????
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    WellyLugaromeo
    edited November 2018
    > @abailey362 said:
    >and to those that say the game needs to cater to f2p players more than p2p, remember that there would be no development team if everyone was f2p, or you'd have to watch 2 ads between every map, or other crazy stuff that games on the market currently do.

I would like to add that this is not a black and white situation, the pay scale isn't 0 or a gazillion $$

Most people fall in between, but if the gazillions always win, ALWAYS... That's a problem bro.
    romeo
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 62
    Agree with Dragonfyre
    Again higher difficulties only to please endgamers ;((
    Getting stars for guild is so wrong....
    DragonfyreTJS
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 223
    edited November 2018
    Awesome news, thanks @Kaz .
    My only concern is having difficulties with this ultimate challenge type setup after a normal challenge week in which we get lots of round passes. Only the first week though.
    With these changes we can face a real challenge instead of very easy rounds of grind. Altough i'm almost an endgamer now, i've been hoping for these changes since i had decently badged level 20 toons.
    TCBRITOJ_Law