Challenge Balance Test - Let's make this together!

Comments

• ChevuChevu Member Posts: 9
    What good is an extra challenge day if I hit my Max on Wednesday or Thursday?? I like the choice of choosing your RSL level. Makes so much sense. @Narnia Great ideas. I agree with @Dragonfyre too. There's some great ideas here NG.
    ignasDragonfyre
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    @Bod , UC seemed failed because it wasn't continuous.
    As an example, entering UC with 15 round passes resulted in very high starting difficulties.
    With consecutive UC's more logical difficulties will be faced.
    Also rewards can be adjusted better especially for lower level players.
    Without some changes, game will eventually take all the time a player has :)
    TJSTCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,803
    Isn’t this just what UC was with gas in trade shop and distance? You need to seriously adjust the trade goods if you go ahead with this as in almost double them. Also need better rewards for going further, similar to what you have done with tokens, maybe take away random crates and give specific rewards, such as a legendary weapon or 4phones or a epic frag or couple of components etc or even a large amount of XP ala the distance.
    I honestly don’t think this will work, I’ll play and do my best but if the rewards aren’t adjusted properly it will be a massive blow to this great game
    PigBenis
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    I'm already going to struggle next week since I won't have any round passes to start with. I've decided that I could use a break from this game...might as well use it during a Freemen Challenge, which I utterly despise.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 108
    I spent almost 200 bucks the kast weeks so i can do more stars in the challenge and now this crap starts again. Just leave the challenge alone and do something NEW instead. I surely dont spent more money now. So thx ng i guess.
    PigBenisDragonfyreBigspenderDocKasimir
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    They realize they will be forced to do something now though, since Guild Wars will be coming by the end of the year and will occupy every other Saturday and Sunday. This will take up players' time.
    Black Labs Matter.
    ladre5Danski_46Kasimir
  • BodBod Member Posts: 110
    @Aquila I agreed but each time NG pulls the plug after one week they should stick to it and see how it plans out
    aquilaDrhooDragonfyre
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 108
    > @PigBenis said:
    > They realize they will be forced to do something now though, since Guild Wars will be coming by the end of the year and will occupy every other Saturday and Sunday. This will take up players' time.

I only care fir the challenge and spent too much money for that. Now that ends. I just dont get it why they tinker with the challenge so often and yes changes in this game almost never benefit the player. What exactly changed in the distance???? Yep nothing. So no more soup for u from me NG
    afroponixDrhoo
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 220
    Thanks for the tests and for looking with care to the challenge, because in the current format could not really continue, the grind was infinite.

I look forward to the changes, this will be very important when the Guild Wars comes, which will consume even more time.
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    aquilaAnax
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,061
    May I suggest the forgotten story missions. Reset or add more levels. I say reset in Nightmare mode for those who competed it and give awesome rewards and add some new spice to it. Where is chapter 15 at?
    Danski_46afroponixDrhoo
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    PigBenis said:

They realize they will be forced to do something now though, since Guild Wars will be coming by the end of the year and will occupy every other Saturday and Sunday. This will take up players' time.

MAX 150 minutes per player every 2 weeks - that's not a ton of time and will be hard to even play that long unless you grind for GW gas. it will also replace the lost xp and rewards from fewer rounds of challenge
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

Rookiell
    I'm not worried about TG, because if the challenge ends early for me, I'll play a lot more Outpost, and there will be a lot more TG.

Another benefit will be to be able to devote myself in the distance of Saturday, the prizes are great.

And probably the Guild War should bring more excellent prizes.

The fun of the challenge is to be difficult and challenging, so I'm happy with those changes.
    [email protected]
    SCBMABWilsafroponixAnax
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,196
    It will always be hard to please everyone.

There have been some formats I did not particularly care for because the difficulty was there, but the rewards did not seem to match.

I mainly do weekly challenges and outposts. The Distance is too much gas for me to complete at 4 gas a map (even once a week) as I prefer to save gas to contribute to my guild in challenges. And 5 gas for scavenge missions is a bit much as well. The plan for more gas being available may change this. I shall see.

I am a bit iffy on the mention of special walkers. There are some maps already composed of mostly special walkers; Archives and Fish in a Barrel are a couple I can think of. Adding more special walkers to these would be fun or a nightmare?

As for starting rounds; depending on class bonus/weekend event, I usually get anywhere from 9-10 round passes. It will be interesting to see how adjusting difficulty and number of rounds played will impact my overall performance week after week until the most favored challenge format is reached.

Extending challenge day. If I finish Sunday (or sooner given the announcement plans), extending it a day probably won’t matter a great deal to me. Mondays and Tuesdays tend be my season highlights days or outposts.
    But honestly, I will still play no matter what the format is. I’m an addict to NML.
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    TCBRITOSPC_TORRESTJShuskersoxfanafroponix
    The previous tests were bad and did not please the players because it was done only in a single week, not having continuity, besides being done in bad time, when all were with many round passes.

Having continuity, with consecutive weeks, surely the result will be satisfactory.
    [email protected]
    S100200Anax
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 69
    Please poll the players and make your decision based on at least part of the results.
    PigBenisDanski_46Rookiell
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,232
    I mentioned earlier that at this point any thing to help with the grind is welcomed.

But nothing listed here actually changes it. This just generates stress for the players and the game, without a clear purpose.

I feel tricked by NG everytime the grind is supposed to improve or "be fixed". First The Distance twice a week. Now Guild Wars.

Just position yourself clearly to the players: "we want you all online 24/7 and that's how it's gonna be".
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    bladgierbigbeanoBill_ZRTafroponix
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    taco
    Jenngshaunatthepub
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,628
    edited November 2018
    ... Nevermind. Misread Kaz's starting level.
    Jenng
    With at least one round of each level, from 27 to 31, already eliminates 5 rounds, with 6 missions in each round, are 30 missions less, costing 5 gas each mission, is an economy of 150 gas and about 3 hours less game. It's a good start to reduce grind.
    [email protected]
    crambert_necAnax
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 507
    As a mostly FTP player, it always dread me when a council update arrives. Not because of the grind but because of the gas costs.

With stronger survivors we are expected to reach higher RSL but due to gas costs the gap between FTP & PTP will be greater, not to mention the special weapons on sale. So with fewer rounds to reach higher RSL or lesser gas costs is always welcome.

For mid gamers i think it will work out too. Even though they may reach their max at a faster rate, they can make use of the remaining gases to grind and improve their level to end gamers and reaching higher RSL in the process. That’s the whole point of playing games isn’t it? No point just blasting your way through the easy stages always, it gets so boring after a while.

Only con I see is the global/local leaderboards, with each change, lesser stars will be achieved and its harder to catch TOP 50 anymore.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    edited November 2018
    now i agree with the change in the rounds per level (i have less time to play) but it should the same for all.

talking serious:

if my last round is level 31 and other person can complete level 32 there will be a HUGE difference and i think its not fair, make it equal for all, if its 1 round its 1 round, its its 2 or 3 its 2 or 3 but for all players. So lets end the grind and make it 1 but make it for everyone.

talking half serious:

people should choose the round they start, if top players say (i dont belive in that) that its not for the stars and its only to be challenging let people start where they want so if i want to start at level 1 i will start level 1.
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 93
    To 'grind' seems to be an ugly and dirty word (not talking of crushing coffee or sexy dance)
    If I'm correct it means when somebody is trying hard and repetitively to obtain a goal beyond his/ her possibilities?
    Aren't ALL games based on this principle? Obtaining goals?
    It becomes very difficult to do so if rules are changed every Time though...