Make it much easier to get to max level with GW approaching

From what I've seen, it looks as though GW is for max level players only and lower levels won't be able to participate. I've not minded being lower level before as I can still contribute to the guild through Challenge missions, but missing out on GW does concern me.
The grind to max level is immense and I'll not make max any time soon even though I'm at Council level 20 now. Why not slash upgrade costs, or at the least offer x2 or x4 supplies, even if through the cash shop so that all can enjoy the new feature?

Even at max level, there is still a big XP grind to keep people occupied, and many are more likely to pay for weapons than they are at lower levels. The current top players will still have their advantage through multi-pink star characters and optimised equipment so it seems like a win-win to me.

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,106
    "From what I've seen, it looks as though GW is for max level players only and lower levels won't be able to participate."

May I know where did you get this kind of information from? It's clearly wrong
    anthony172TJS
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Don't worry, @Inque !

We haven't yet made a decision on when Guild Wars will unlock, but the idea is to include both low and high-level players. They will, of course, be matched against guilds that have a similar level. A higher-level guild, however, will have a better performance in this mode, but nothing that wouldn't take out the fun for lower-level guilds.

Regarding the grinding, we are aware of the problem and we are going to run some tests starting next week to see if we can ease it a bit. After Guild Wars is released we are going monitor how players are behaving and make adjustments in the game based on that.

I also would like to know where have you seen that the Guild Wars is aiming at high-end players because probably it's just a miscommunication case.

Hope this information is helpful to you and let me know if you have any further questions! :)
  • InqueInque Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the answer from both of you. It's what I took out of the Pain Walker Dev interview really.
    I've played games such as Everquest II that allows players to adjust their level down to play with lower level friends but didn't see that mentioned here at all.
    @Kaz, It's alright to say that guilds will be matched against similar level opposition, but I'm level 49 but my guild ranges from 35 to 69, a big spread of character levels. Will all be able to play together and contribute? Not sure how my guys will fare against characters 3+ levels above me due to the increased body shots
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    @inque

Now that's the fun part! I don't remember exactly the formula, but it's something like the average level of your guild.

During the battles, we have 3 sectors containing easy missions - medium missions - hard missions. So then you have to plan ahead with your guild, who will clear each sector.

You can, for example, combine with your guild that the low-level ones will take care only of the easy missions. And your higher-level guildmates move on to the more difficult missions and so on. So it's not only about playing the mission but planning who will take care of what, so everybody can contribute.

And of course, if something is not working so well, we can always make adjustments to make it friendlier to every player regardless of their level.
    InqueJaden