Next week's proposal (December 12th's Challenge)

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Hello, everyone!

This week we'll have a minor change with the Gas in the TGS. The change is:
- One 30 Gas offer in the Trade Goods Shop per day (From Wednesday to Monday, 13:00 UTC) other than one per restock.
(The Difficulty progression balance will remain the same)

With this change, we want to:
- Solve the problem if the player misses the restock when logging before 13:00 UTC.
- Don't increase the number of gas offers during events where the restock times decrease.
- Compare the results between the previous weeks and see which one works better for both the players and us.
- Although we can see a great increase in missions played and that you guys are enjoying it, we are seeing some, not-so-happy results as well. Which of course can be unrelated, but it seems it's not. So we are trying a different setup to confirm our theories.

I completely understand how this sounds and I have an idea of the feedback I'm going to receive, but maybe if I list the problems we are finding, it can make you understand from where we are coming from:
- We can see that players are buying this offer a lot, but the Trade Goods balance (average per player) looks the same, so it doesn't seem that players are spending more TG. Seems that they are buying only the gas offer instead of the other offers. One of our goals was to increase the Trade Goods spending in order to make this resource more valuable in the game (Especially for high-level players).
- Gold usage per mission (average per player) stayed the same, so the engagement we got didn't really affect the Gold spend behavior.
- Drop in Gold usage for gas (average per player).*
- Drop in Gas Boosters sales (including the one-week booster if compared with the Halloween event).*

*I know those seem obvious, but we weren't expecting such a huge drop.

This is only a test and we know that a great majority of our players enjoyed the 30 gas offer in every restock, so that's something we want to keep if possible. But we need to run this set up to prove our speculations first. We should run it for another two weeks and then make a decision based on those 4 challenges.

And of course, as always, we are open to your feedback.

Regarding the difficulty progression, we are getting a lot of mixed feedback telling us to make it even more challenging, and some to return to what it was. Which seems that we should actually keep it at where it is and see how it'll go with one Guild Wars battle first.

Thanks for reading it and share your thoughts!

Click here to read the changes we had last week.
msapaevDBonessuzequeueTCBRITOmimicabladgierJenngbigbeano1RisNezofreedydaddyBWilsStefano69RenopwnsRookiell

Comments

• donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    it was good as it lasted but once a day its still good 🤘
    ATLAS-ZmsapaevDBonesTCBRITOromeoambience
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    There would be only one time during the year that I would ever consider buying the week long booster offers and that's when I have two weeks off in and around Christmas/New Year's. I just don't have the free time to make such a purchase at any other point in the year worthwhile in my eyes.

As for the single booster, I still bought one last weekend simply to allow myself to stock up on gas for the Distance on Tuesday. Even with the gas offer only appearing once a day, I think I'll still be able to accumulate enough so that I can make it to my limit and not use gold to buy the gas to do so.

So for one player, this should be a change that won't make that huge of a difference.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    DBonesSPC_TORRESJenngambience
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 309
    edited December 2018
    As stated above I would never buy the 7 day booster as most of it would be a waste. I do buy a 24 hour occasionally when I know I am going to have time to use it. The 30 gas in TG is great but I figured it would go away eventually & I can understand why based on lost revenue. Being offered only once daily is still great IMO. I could even live with it at every restock but only once a week or something.

EDIT: To add I did run more OP raids to restock my extra TG spending. For example I just had my restock and bought the gas, both radio offers, hero & bruiser tokens....total of about 6500 TG spent. I will run more raids tonight to get back up to my comfortable supply of 70-75K.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    Mr_FateromeoJenng
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 65
    Gas in TG shop every restock did seem like it was more like a weeklong event. I was hoping if NG had experienced less spending in terms of boosters and/or gold, I was hoping they might find that spending patterns were increased elsewhere in the game, like for bundles, weapons, or components shop items. It seems this wasn't the case. 30 more gas/day along with a reduced grind will still satisfy me personally. I hope many others can agree on this fix as a short term resolution while NG focuses on new aspects of the game, in-game glitch fixes.

Thanks for the update @Kaz it's nice to know what to expect next week!
    1RisRookiell
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 220
    Bad news, will greatly reduce the available gas... the reduction in the challenge was very small, maybe we could try to cut the triple rounds definitely the level 32, leaving only 2 rounds also.
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    aquilaTroublemaker
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,807
    Yeah it was good whilst it lasted but I never expected it to remain forever. It was nice being able to hit limit in the challenge and do the distance without opening my wallet but oh well. I can understand why they've done it and I'm not surprised by such a drastic drop in booster sales.

Maybe if NG could consider altering the drop tables to up gas drop rates? Maybe pull a few % here and there from 1-3* scrap equipment!
    TJSKratosTCBRITOjimmydawise
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    I love the week long boosters. I play in spurts when I have time so it works good for me. Had over 700 gas when I came off the last one. Lol
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,070
    Don’t agree with the idea of once a day. If I want to be F2P this does not allow me to advance as high as I can go. This forces me to limit my play and buy gas or do both. In the Distance and challenge I can do both and not have to choose. It’s a disadvantage to players. The use of TG for gas is great but to only provide me 1 round of gas a day is not cool, not cool at all. Before I could get gas for 3 rounds per day which increases my star count now I’m down stars and round passes.
    TCBRITOaquilabigbeanoFirekidNezoBWilsMichonor23
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    @Kaz so far I can safely say the following:

The 30 Gas offer completely drained my TG;
    I didn't buy gas boosters because of it (it's very expensive for brazilians);
    It helped manage my gaming time (by knowing that resource was always available);
    The grind isn't fixed and I still think all these changes are leading us nowhere.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    SCBMATCBRITOand98PigBenis
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,714
    > @Jenng said:
    > - 5 radios for TG in every restock
    > - gear with guaranteed traits
    > - 3 heroes per restock, with 20 tokens per hero
    >
    > Pretty much this is my perfect tg store. I have 1 million + in TG and I would gladly spend on @JayZ the tg store unicorn’s options.

You have +1,000,000 and you're buying tokens and radios? You must raid like a possessed person? That's huge.

I only have like 70k and I buy up every shooter/Hunter tokens, some heroes, and every radio. Raid when I can Monday usually.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Jenngromeo
  • Waltz46n2Waltz46n2 Member Posts: 21
    I really like the 3 stage levels and the grind for the XP. With the gas booster being limited to only once a day maybe bring back the 3 rounds per level. Before level 32. Believe me I have no problem spending trade goods on other things than gas.
    JayZTCBRITOtdiddyKyrusSCBMA
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2018
    Can i suggest something?

How about eliminating the 30 gas altogether and bringing back the old better chance from commons crafting event. This new & improved nerf isn't really cutting it. I'm lucky to craft 1 leg badge every 6 months with the curent system/ drop rates. To be honest, i rather hoarde commons and hold the old event 2x per year rather than continue on with this new system because it sucks!

I like what you're doing here Kaz. I'm frustrated with the change because the old set-up was far superior compared to the new formats results. The chances are already 1/5 you'll craft the badge you want/need. Add in the flat #'s and class/trait bonuses and its almost infinite. We all know it's a numbers game and if you're not crafting you're not getting the benefit of the %'s.

Tbh "guaranteed legendary" means nothing to me since i see 1 leg comp every 2 months lol
    Drhoodonald6283BWils
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    I'm sure you are aware @NerfZone187 but you do still have a small chance of crafting legendary from lower comps. I love getting legendary from all green or lower I really wouldn't want them to take that away.
    ShadowWalkerBWils
    37 rounds/ 12 passes =25 rounds played. This format is close to perfection. I think it provides a happy medium for every level of player.

I like this iteration of the UC format @Kaz

Now hopefully it sticks around 😄
    Narnia
    edited December 2018
    > @Firekid said:
    > I'm sure you are aware @NerfZone187 but you do still have a small chance of crafting legendary from lower comps. I love getting legendary from all green or lower I really wouldn't want them to take that away.

they never took it away. The old better chance events let you craft leg from lower level pieces bud.

It's much harder to accumulate gold component inventory now. You could save 100's of lower level pieces and craft epics all event long from 3* and 2* crud. one event i crafted almost 100 epics and 10 leg badges by saving from the event before.
    Firekidromeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    You must have had much better luck than me then nerf, in fact I think there is an @ALF4reals video which show the sort of luck I used to have with that event! Also I think it helps I've had a lot more luck tha. You getting gold frags recently too was up to 7 not that long ago coupled with these components events where you can trade up 10 epic components for a leg badge fragment im firmly in the "this ways better" camp. Hope you find a pale horse soon @NerfZone187!
    ALF4realsNerfZone187