Challenge Balance Test - Let's make this together!

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,206
    Adding to the previous feedback: I'm enjoying less rounds, but this reduction is no fix for anything. We are not exactly playing a lot less, and we will get less round passes. Placebo effect on this one.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PigBenisChiefkeoRenopwns
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 96
    Please stop changing the rules from week to week, save it for upgrades. I’m going to lose at least two rounds this week, which will put me back a round pass and cost me rewards I won’t get for finishing higher level missions. There wasn’t even a pretense of adjusting rewards to compensate. Getting sick of this crap, they aren’t going to get another penny out of me until we stop being jerked around.

JadenFirekidDrhooromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @SleeperyJeem
    Rewards have been adjusted. I'm not sure why players keep saying they aren't.

From my understanding, this change will be permanent with a possible chance of some minor adjustments.

Rather than post simple complaints, players should be posting suggestions on how to tweek rewards, rounds etc. so NG can try to make everyone happy.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    TCBRITOtabernacBodRenopwns
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 75
    @TJs
    It was not a complaint, only a request to stop changing the rules every few weeks, midrange players losee their progress again (3rd time this year -30 %)
    Rewards aren't even 10% up (check rewardlist from Kaz)
    Weird way of balancing things?
    TCBRITO
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    @Drhoo You realize end gamers lose their "progress" too, right? These kinds of changes don't make midrange players lose stars while end gamers gain stars. EVERY player loses stars.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JadenTCBRITOAnaxromeoBWils
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 75
    The main issue is the constant changing, not WHO loses ;)
  • BodBod Member Posts: 110
    @Drhoo As I understand NG says they gonna run this format for awhile that's why they're asking for our feedback to see what minor tweeks they can implement to improve and make it permanent.
    Kaz
  • rchaprchap Member Posts: 81
    @TJS - The rewards were tweaked, but not nearly enough to make up for lost rounds. Players have a legitimate beef, which is why you are seeing the complaints. I, for example, will miss out on over 6,000 TGs each challenge based on these changes. As I rely on TGs to buy tokens for upgrades, that sucks. The only offset would be to make it easier to advance to a higher level, or to significantly increase rewards in the current setup. Since I've played long enough that I remember the last change to the challenge (where we lost many more trade goods), I'm not expecting NG to change or really care about this issue. They have no track record of doing so.
    TCBRITORealClareBFingerfood
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2018
    @rchap
    I respect your opinion but your numbers of TG losses seem way off.

If you complete 25 rounds or more (even if 5 rounds less than usual) your total loss could not be higher than about 2000 TG.

(Maybe I've got my numbers wrong and you can show me how you can be losing 6000+)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    TCBRITOtdiddyKazaquila
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 41
    I think a quickfix that requires some coding effort but not that much would be to make round pass consumption optional, with decreased rounds and compensated tg
    this way mid level players that want an easy challenge could opt out of round passes and could play through the whole weekend, and those that play challenge mode to challenge themselves ;) could get to the more strategic levels
    TCBRITOtabernacAnaxsicron
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 163
    Everyone needs to face reality, no matter what NG does, the challenge will be a grind. It's no different than the farming for XP or cans; or trying to grind through opponents in the outpost. Just about any event that stretches over multiple days is a grind.

Fix the token rewards so they go up as you progress farther and stop trying to take the grind out of something you can't remove the grind from.

Then take all this effort you are putting in fixing the unfixable into NEW CONTENT such as the distance which are short to play, reward you for leveling up, and are a challenge. IMHO, this is needed way more than tweaks to the challenge, especially since EVERY player would benefit, not just end gamers.

Non grind events (season missions/the Distance) and any new ones NG creates should have a very low (1 or 2) gas cost or none at all. That waiting period is what adds to the sense of "grindiness".
    DrhooRenopwns
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 65
    I like the extra gas - makes a massive difference to allowing me to move further. Not sure why, but it doesn't feel like a grind; maybe I'm able to spread out effort.

BTW, how is feedback going to be collated? Using the forum looks like extra hard work. Could you set up a feedback form where we rate each feature tried (e.g. extra gas in tgs) out of 10?
    Danski_46BWils
  • stonemanstoneman Member Posts: 8
    I think the real issue is the pay to win vs the non pay to win. I’m considered an end gamer at lvl 70. I don’t pay to win. Every time I seem to get PB’s and get excited getting 1400+stars NG changes things to suite the pay to win players who somehow get 2000+stars at the same time that they can do raids and get 8k-9k?? I know a lot of players in OZ and many of us feel the same way. I think change can be good if it encourages fun game play. Either way I’ll keep playing because I love the show and the game. Just wish there was a way to bring more fairness to the game 😁
    TCBRITOBodDrhoo1Ris
  • BodBod Member Posts: 110
    When there're changes some ppl always blame it on end gamers I don't have a lot of disposable income but spend on odd booster and when I save enough money I buy the odd bundle I don't pay to win it's just for my enjoyment
    Jaden1RisDrhoo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Any changes to this weeks challenge?

Sorry if it's posted, I don't see anything though.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    edited December 2018
    Same as last week @ShadowaceAz

Doubles until 32, 30 gas per restock.
    TJS
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 209
    @Kaz , the reduction in the challenge was very small, maybe we could try to cut the triple rounds definitely the level 32, leaving only 2 rounds also
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    tabernacaquilaDrhoo
    @tjhookr Not even close, bud. That gives even more grind to the end gamers because now there's even more triple rounds at the low end. We want to get to the good stuff faster. If this is what you think is a good solution you're fundamentally misunderstanding the entire argument end gamers are trying to make.
    TCBRITODrhooPigBenis
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,915
    I'll be happy as long as the 30 gas stays...

I really like the 2 rounds untill 32 too,
    But alternatively switching of 3 rounds after 31 would be fine too imo. (triple rounds from 27 to 31)
    tabernacTCBRITO
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 470
    They just need to raise the rewards, when u get to 1500 to 2500 and your getting like 24tokens, that’s just pathetic, all that work for rewards like that is terrible, should be like 1000=25 1250=50 1500 = 100 1600= 125 something like that, then there’s more incentive to play harder, but not for 24 tokens at 1500; horrible, one phone spin can get u that, but hours of play for 24, CMON
    tdiddyDanski_46TCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,705
    It's 24 tokens at 1350 now, and don't forget you've already received plenty of token crates on your way to reaching the 24 tokens. I do agree it should be higher and start at 32 and be only hero tokens though.
    TCBRITO
    @crambert_nec you're right, what I haven't calculated in is that it would mean less round passes so more unskippable low lvl grind levels, however it would mean that engamers would be able to "finish" the challenge and reach the lvls that are truly a challenge and have time to play the guild wars maybe. Someone has to make sacrifices and if you are not willing to make some than why do you expect others to make it "bud"? :) It is not a perfect solution but I still think it is worth a try for a temporary one
    DrhooPigBenisBWils
    @tjhookr More low level grind means we're less likely to "finish" the challenge though, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. By flipping the two, it's keeping the same amount of levels someone like me would be playing, but just making it less fun and even more of a low level grind. There's just more to do as a mid-level gamer than an end gamer, so if the challenges end early for players like you, you can still gather resources and keep improving your crew. Once you reach end game status you'll be happy with these changes. And hey, I'm willing to make some sacrifices. I'll sacrifice my star count in order to get rid of the low level grind :p
    FirekidTCBRITO
    the goal would be to get less levels of course, I usually finish on 36-37 so yeah flipping it would mean more levels than the system right now, it is 5 less rounds now, so the 2 lvl rounds should come at 30 or earlier, that would mean 6-7 less lvls, probably even less four you, and the round passes would eat up some of the low lvls anyways
    the idea needs tweaking of course but if applied properly I think it could satisfy both camps as a compromise until a more implementation heavy solution is given
    BWils