Important Notice: Social Servers are currently down

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
UPDATE: Social Servers are now up in 3.0. Update your game! :)

Hey, everyone!

As hopefully everyone knows by now, the newest version of No Man’s Land is almost ready! Version 3.0.1 brings the Guild Wars feature to reality, along with all of the other features and additions found in the NML 3.0 Patch Notes. This means that’s it’s a critical time for us to do everything we can to make sure that Guild Wars and the update in general goes as smoothly as possible.

As we have done for the last several updates, players in 2.12 will continue to be able to log in to the game and play in the camp, and play missions in the Scavenge, Outpost, and Story game modes. Players who want to play in the Challenge will need to update to 3.0.1 first. However, there is another point of note particular to this update, as follows:

Guild Wars brings a lot of changes to the way we store and track data in the game for players and their Guilds. The transition period when not all players have the new version is especially delicate, since players from the same guild may be in two different versions.

To minimize the chance of errors, we are going to shut down access to the Guild Screen, In-Game Chat, and other social features for a period of 1 - 3 days. This makes sure that when the Guild Wars event starts later this week, everyone playing will be in the same version of the game.

Please keep an eye on the News Hub in the Camp, and look for a message that will let you know when version 3.0.1 is ready to download. Until then, please enjoy the game as normal, and know that we are doing everything we can to bring you the best Guild Wars experience we can. Thanks for your patience, understanding, and most of all, your dedication to saving the world from walkers, one supply run at a time.
positiveTJStdiddyAndreabigbeanoGeneral_Pain1RisJenngSPC_TORRESRenopwns

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    What about Today's The Distance @Kaz ?
    Will it be on Today?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    tdiddyTCBRITOromeoSPC_TORRES
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    so for guilds that do switches etc for multiples guilds we should get in guild now or be locked out until possibly thursday?
    TCBRITO
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    edited December 2018
    kaz said goal is today :D :D :D
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    @Kaz, wait a moment! The release notes say the distance today should reward us with the guild wars gas. Will it work with no update?
    tdiddyTCBRITO
    @msapaev

Guild War Gas only in Saturday's The Distance this week.

We're are given 20 instead of 5
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    msapaevtdiddyTCBRITO
    From Update notes;

- Season date has changed. When the Season starts, now on Friday, December 14 players will get Guild Wars 20 gas instead of 5. You won't be able to collect Guild Wars gas from the Challenges this week. Only from the Distance on Saturday.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    msapaevKaztdiddyTCBRITO
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 134
    so does this mean no challenge this week?
    berg280 said:

so does this mean no challenge this week?

It means you will need to download the update to play the challenge.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    TCBRITO
    > @TJS said:
    > so does this mean no challenge this week?
    >
    > It means you will need to download the update to play the challenge.

but if it's not up for a couple days then what? lol
    @berg280
    What if the sun falls out of the sky tomorrow, then what?

Seriously, the update is due shortly. If it's not live before the challenge then I guess we'll have to wait 'n' see. I'm pretty sure it will be though.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    TCBRITO
    > @TJS said:
    > @berg280
    > What if the sun falls out of the sky tomorrow, then what?
    >
    well if the sun feel out of the sky I guess there would be some problems but I think we are fine... I was more concerned about the challenge this week.
    KratosJenng
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,403
    Not sure what area everyone is in but the update has been available for a while.
    wrinkled_bagJenngTCBRITO
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,573
    UK android and still nothing in the play store for me!
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,173
    FYI, several of us had to manually download the update. It does not automatically appear as being ready for update...iOS.
    JenngSPC_TORRESromeo
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    UPDATE: We should have our social servers back and running tomorrow before the challenges start. But If something unexpected happens, I'll let you know! :)
    1RisGeneral_PainZettemcbkhicks
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 571
    @WellyLuga the update can found if you go to play store and click the extra menu button, my games and apps and it's there.
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 685
    Where it shows who is online, the green dot is lit up for me but not our leader is this on purpose or not & ive been talkin with them ingame chat so i know they online
    Zette
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Kaz
    Out of curiosity, what time UTC was guild chat taken down? There is a good reason I'm asking.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 290
    mcbkhicks said:

Where it shows who is online, the green dot is lit up for me but not our leader is this on purpose or not & ive been talkin with them ingame chat so i know they online

only a couple of people have gotten the update in my guild so far so i could see the green dot when they came on but they couldnt see my green dot and i'm the leader. i could see my dot and their's lit up. that's why we were wondering if it was intentional for the leader to be incognito.
    mcbkhicks
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 40
    @Kaz ran update but guild chat is not working. Sorry hate to be a buzz kill. Love the look though.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    BigBob said:

@Kaz ran update but guild chat is not working. Sorry hate to be a buzz kill. Love the look though.

No worries, you haven't buzz killed anything, haha. Our social servers are still down and we should have them back tomorrow. :)
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 40
    @Kaz all the chats posted, seemed to have been a lag of some sort. Call it a hitch in the giddy up.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Kaz
    I'm trying to establish if someone rejoined just to get booted as soon as I noticed, or if there is a data integrity issue (which would be urgent attention your end). Establishing if there is a window of time it would be impossible to join a guild would help eliminate the latter possibility (or confirm it).
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    @I_Am_Psycho

It went down around 9:00 UTC time
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Kaz