Update 3.0 - Patch notes discussion!

13»

Comments

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,324
    I've updated and had him unlocked already and he still has lucky.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    romeo
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 550
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,450
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I have a snowy camp and a lucky Rick. Seems it's only affecting those who hadn't unlocked him. I hope NG wasn't trying to pull a fast one?! :lol: :trollface:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,408
    All good here !

Danski_46msapaevSCBMAromeo
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 482
    Description of new trait
    TJSSCBMANezoimacharlie
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 946
    New Tactical not to sure about this.
    imacharlie
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 550
    > @avelardez said:
    > New Tactical not to sure about this.

I think on a scout weapon in the distance this could be very useful. Silver tactical and gold charging and razor, attack a high health walker and move to a safe distance.
    romeo
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2018
    Hi all,

@Kaz One here with same rick Problem.
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 564
    New trait! Awesome!
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 215
    So with the new tactical trait, what do you guys think about a scout weapon with silver tactical, gold interrupt, and gold razor? Leave a scout in overwatch, allow the armored/fatty to come to you, interrupt his movement, then attack and run away. Does this sound like a plausible strategy?
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 475
    Sounds pretty good especially with Power Strike. But what will happen with your DD scout if Razor isn't triggered against +10 armored/fattie that you are waiting for? Anyway, it's a good trait for spawns when you finish your turn nearby a spawn point.
    Hi @kaz May I know much is the % of the tactical trait activicting?
    Does it also stack with swift strike?
    edited December 2018
    @Steeboon I know Kaz is often busy so on reading the trait description it seems pretty obvious that it's a 100% chance. It won't stack with swift strike as they're two different traits and work differently, one works 100% of the time from an attack if you haven't moved whether you kill the walker or not, the other works 40% of the time after you get a kill even if you have moved.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    romeojimmorrison369
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > @Steeboon I know Kaz is often busy so on reading the trait description it seems pretty obvious that it's a 100% chance. It won't stack with swift strike as they're two different traits and work differently, one works 100% of the time from an attack if you haven't moved whether you kill the walker or not, the other works 40% of the time after you get a kill even if you have moved.

Thanks @WellyLuga but the trait says “they may also move after attacking” instead of “they will move after attacking” hence my question.
    jimmorrison369WellyLuga
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,782
    @Steeboon . Moving is never obligated, you can still choose to end turn.
    edited December 2018
    Ah... I think I get what you mean @jimmorrison369 after reading the trait multiple times 😅

In short, it is a combination of 100% swift strike (minus the killing factor) so Long the survivor doesn’t move before attacking plus a guaranteed 15% less damage (gold trait).

If the above is accurate, I stand a chance of 3 turns if coupled with swift strike?
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 97
    In the description it says move after attacking. Does that mean that when the trait is activated you can attack and move away but you can't attack another walker?
    Kaz1Ris
    > @jrodrf2 said:
    > So with the new tactical trait, what do you guys think about a scout weapon with silver tactical, gold interrupt, and gold razor? Leave a scout in overwatch, allow the armored/fatty to come to you, interrupt his movement, then attack and run away. Does this sound like a plausible strategy?

Probably won’t need gold interrupt since interrupt won’t work if razor don’t activate.
    I have a couple gold razor/int weapons for my warrior/scout. It's already a solid strategy now, I use a bruiser as the focal point to take the hits and extra chance of stunning if the two interrupters fail. Obviously doesn't help for fatties :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    tdiddy
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
    edited December 2018
    sicron said:

In the description it says move after attacking. Does that mean that when the trait is activated you can attack and move away but you can't attack another walker?

Exactly that! :smiley:

So if you attack before moving, then you can still move around but you can't attack another enemy.
    If Swift Strike gets triggered then you just have the normal Strike movement and extra attack.

Regarding Rick's trait, it's now fixed so Lucky is back! Thanks for letting us know!
    tdiddyDanski_46sicron
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 97
    @Kaz Thank you for clarifying that. I guess it's for the better. It would create a huge advantage if combined with other traits and charge abilities. Are there any plans of removing old traits or combining them? With the current traits for example, there is much more room, even need, for different combination of scout weapons. On the other hand, there are very few viable combinations of assault weapons. It would cater to both the lower level players who dont have the resources to upgrade all those weapons to explore the scout class and to the high end players who are trying after each council update to find new weapons with the set of traits they want.
    Any news on the update gift? @Kaz

I was hoping to get an early start on the challenge what with guild wars coming up this weekend :smiley:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    TCBRITO
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    unicorn lives matter
    #savetheunicorn!
    imacharlie
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Kaz
    Wondering if you can tell us how much GW gas will be available in The Distance?

(If it's been mentioned somewhere I've obviously missed it)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain