Walker Wonderland - fineprint clarification, please

JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,060
Some clarification wanted/needed @Kaz

So the fineprint says that we will need to buy tokens in the bundle shop and/or restart Distance.

How many more tokens would we need to buy in order to get to the final reward - or how often would we need to restart Distance?

I would prefer to know now if it would even make sense for me to restart then to find out later that it wasn't enough. ;)
Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
msapaevJenngFirekidSPC_TORRESbigbeano

Comments

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited December 2018
    @Jaden to get the last two rewards (assault weapon and the hockey stick) you need to restart every distance we are going to have during this campaign (6 in total), so 360 tokens.
    NezopsychwolfFirekidDanski_46mimicaromeoanthony172TCBRITOBill_ZRTmsapaevPigBenisKyrusKarajocaPicbababooeybigbeanosbfflyingcowking
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 113
    If the numbers are correct in the description we will collect 2640 tokens during the 3 weeks period. It means all the 6 distances are needed to restart to gain the missing 360. :(
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,060
    Well, I could have calculated that myself, I guess. :joy: Didn't even see the numbers in the announcement. :sweat_smile:

What about the bundle shop stuff? How much for how many? @Kaz
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jenng
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,463
    I have done the math.

You get 1000 max tokens per weeek and there are 3 weeks so 3000 tokens
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Deadheads said:

Really? We're forced to restart every distance to get it? That's rather disappointing... Saturdays are bad enough with challenge, distance and now GW. Adding distance twice is starting to feel like work and not playing for fun.

I see where you are coming from, but actually this time the campaign is a lot "friendlier". So we applied some learnings from our previous campaign.

The problems we had with the summer campaign:

- It wasn't clear enough whether if you have to restart the distance to be able to collect the RPG
    Now we've shown the numbers and every F2P player (that it's somewhere around council level 12) should be able to collect at least the special weapon

- It was too long
    Now it's only 3 weeks!

- Very active players ended up with 2k extra tokens after collecting the RPG
    The main item of this campaign is the Winter Bow, which you can get without needing to restart the distance and don't even need to play every day. However, if you want to put more effort into it, now you will get some extra rewards. So nobody is being forced to do anything to collect the special weapon, but if you put more effort into it, you should be rewarded accordingly.
    Jaden said:

Well, I could have calculated that myself, I guess. :joy: Didn't even see the numbers in the announcement. :sweat_smile:

What about the bundle shop stuff? How much for how many? @Kaz

It'll probably be together with another equipment/gear/radio bundle, but the actual offers are not really set yet. :smile:

JadenDrUnpleasantimacharlie
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 509
    edited December 2018
    Deleted comment
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,242
    No JSS's for you @Firekid. I agree 100%.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    NezoromeoTCBRITODBones
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2018
    I would like to second @jayz comments the rest of the rewards are great for what we have to do (loving the RGG tokens in there) just seeing those end rewards which are just out of reach 😟
    ShadowWalkerromeoJadenJenng
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    6 restart? Wow i would do it if were only 2 or 3 restart but 6 that is too much. Well i think i would miss those two last reward. At least i will have the bow and the shovel
    TCBRITOShadowWalkerromeo
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    @Kaz but the cost of restart will be reduced to 200 gold?
    TCBRITOShadowWalkerromeo
  • Eliyah_mEliyah_m Member Posts: 18
    Riot anyone?
    ShadowWalker
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,280
    @I_Am_Psycho Less interest is right. Had a player in my guild quit this morning and it seems like every change and lack of change this game makes is in the wrong direction. Not fun anymore and hasn't been for a long time.
    PigBenisanthony172TCBRITOI_Am_Psycho
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    @kdo99 for the sake of clarity, the Summer Event details were out there, but players did have to look in order to find them. It was well known that no Distance resets were required and that if all possible RPG tokens were earned, even by completing normal Distance mode, that players would have more than the 3000 needed to unlock the RPG all without spending gold. I believe I had over 3600 without resetting the Distance and not purchasing RPG tokens in the Trade Shop after RPG was unlockable.
    Black Labs Matter.
    I_Am_Psycho