"Home Bar" on iOS

Ok, so first things first, I upgraded from the iphone 7 to the iphone Xs when the Xs came out. I had no idea it no longer had a home "button," but now has a home "bar." I hated it at first, but figured I would get used to it. I haven't, and I still hate it. One of the biggest things I hate about the home bar is how it interferes with my NML playing. If I have survivors at the bottom of the screen and I go to move them, the stupid phone tries to close out the app on me. All the F'ing time, it's infuriating.

With that prelude, I have a question for you, @Kaz - did this update attempt to fix that issue? Since updating, I've noticed that I no longer have that problem. Sounds great, right? Wrong. Now, it is TOO hard to close the damn game because I have to keep continuously swiping upwards until I hit that magical spot that lets me close the app. It is the polar opposite of the problem I was having, but now equally as frustrating. To be fair, I realize this is NOT NG's problem, nor is it their obligation to try to "fix" it, and as such, I truly applaud the effort made to try to fix the old problem. But truth be told, I think the fix is worse than it was.

That's my opinion anyway. I decided to start this thread in the hopes that other iOS users with the home bar can chime in on their thoughts. If enough people agree, maybe we can get it back to the way it was? And if people disagree with me, and like the fix better, then we keep it as is? Again, I recognize that this is not NG's problem, and I wouldn't necessarily expect them to continue using dev resources to fix a problem caused by Apple's over-innovation. Thoughts anyone?
Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
Jenngjimmydawise

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    I prefer it this way. You actually need to swipe up once to “activate” the bar, then again to actually close the app. I hated accidentally closing the app and then screwing up my move because of it the way it was before.
    1Ris
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    @aaxt555, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Believe me, I know how stupid this question is going to sound, but what exactly do you do when you swipe up the first time to "activate" the bar? Do you swipe quickly? Slowly? Do you swipe up and hold? I've tried everything, and the only thing that seems to work for me is to just keep swiping up until eventually the bar activates. Most of the time on the first swipe, nothing happens - the bar just stays dim. It's driving me crazy. :s
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    @DBones I literally put my finger on the bar and swipe up just a little. It actually gives me a haptic feedback too when I do it right.
    DBones1Ris
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Kaz thats interesting issue. Shiuld be the same Problem with the new ipad pro 2018 with face id! Would also like to know what ng is going to do!
  • Kate79Kate79 Member Posts: 169
    @DBones, that drove me CRAZY too! The amount of times I’d screw up a move because my phone decided to close the entire app down. I’m finding that now, same as @aaxt555, swiping up once as if you were trying to close the app, brings up the bar to then be able to actually close the app. I THINK this is the lesser of two evils.... I’m not entirely convinced though.
    DBonesrustynail
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I think I've finally got it. One "quick" swipe up, just a little bit, should activate the bar. Goodness gracious, a 40 year old professional should not have so much difficulty with such a simple task. I think my weekend is going to have to start a little early - like, as in, today. :D

Yes, now that I think I've got it, I like this way better, too. Thanks again for fixing a problem that wasn't even yours to being with, NG.
    rustynail
  • mongo_nine_one_onemongo_nine_one_one Member Posts: 236
    Hrumph...

I thought this was about, serving alcohol at home... with apples...

rustynail
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    So... we should keep it as it is, right? Hahaha.

@Riggs what seems to be the problem with the ipad pro? Could you give us a bit more info? :)
    1Ris
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Kaz i dont have it yet but ithought it would be the same problem. Maybe there is a walkaround. Dont worry.