Radio tent malfunction

BaalosBaalos Member Posts: 54
Prior to update my radio tent was at maximum level. Why was it downgraded to level 9?

Comments

• DraconesDracones Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Same here. Any explanation?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,451
    What player level are you? Level 10 is the current max.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @zbot
    The tent is the same level, the but the max survivor level decreased...
    My radio tent is lvl 8 but max lvl survior is 12....

• BaalosBaalos Member Posts: 54
    @zbot I am player level 52.
    And my new max survivor level is 13.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Im level 10, and its telling me max level is 14
    which would mean
    common = 14
    uncommon = 12
    Rare = 10
    epic = 8
    Leg = 6

That tells me it has changed. I used to be able to get legs at 8/9(/10?).
    Or @Shteevie has this been compacted so
    Com = 14,
    UC = 13
    R = 12
    E = 11
    L = 10
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    My tent level hasn't changed and my max is 12 - funny thing is that I pulled a legendary hunter and he was actually level 12. Have never seen that before.

All my survivors have been level 9 before if they were legendary...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    My radio tent is at level 9 and until the update was pulling in level 17 survivors. It now says max survivor level is 13. When is this going to be fixed?

Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    This isn't listed under the 'known current issues' section of player support: https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=hot-topics&f=current-known-issues&l=en -- is this issue being worked on?
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2017
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    Since I haven't noticed an NG response to this, here are the exact details for a level 8 Radio Tent. After the update, the description in the Radio Tent states that the max initial survivor level is 12. However prior to the update, the max initial survivor level was 16 as shown in the picture below (I know it's not an in-game screenshot, but I can attest to the level being accurate for the levels of the radio tent that I've had).

Courtesy of @OneLessTitan

Please let us know whether or not the change was intended or a bug that will be fixed.
    Thank you
    Baalos
    Yes, I am a little disappointed by the non-response. Part of me wants to just use tomatos and fix myself.
    T_12
    Its seems that they have stripped out the differences for rarity, and start everyone within a couple of levels.
    So Max level is now 14, and all survivors will be 12(11?) - 14
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @blynknz is correct.

Changes to the underlying model, made for stability and loading speed reasons, meant that we were only able to have one starting level range going forward, and not one per rarity. So we went with the one in the middle, which was previously the level range associated with new Rare survivors.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    @Shteevie Thank you for confirming this.
    @Shteevie that's fine, but it doesn't answer why some of our radio tents levels were reduced, or if there is a fix coming.
    edited March 2017
    @Baalos He did actually answer it. Pre-update, the description would read that survivors could be called up to a certain level, however, the level that they would be called would be affected by their rarity, i.e. a common survivor could be up to that max level, but a legendary survivor would be significantly lower.

Supposedly since the update, any called survivor can be near that max stated level on the Radio Tent, regardless of rarity level. However to implement this, the max level was lowered to what a "medium" level rarity would be called at prior to the update.

I hope that makes sense, but here is a final example:
    Pre-update, Radio Tent level 8, max initial survivor level 16 - could call common survivors up to lvl 16, rare survivors up to lvl 12, and legendary survivors up to lvl 8.
    Post-update, Radio Tent level 8, max initial survivor level 12 - can call common, rare, or legendary survivors up to lvl 12.
    Note that those aren't exact figures, but a broad description of how the mechanics are supposed to work.
    Its just a shame this wasnt communicated in the update notes.
    It then makes us wonder what else is changed.
    TJCartkjmia421Renopwns
    @TJCart then wouldn't everyone's tent level decrease? It seems like some tents remained the same while others,like me, saw their radio tent level reduced. And wouldn't this be documented in the patch update?
    edited March 2017
    @Baalos ,
    1 - what player level are you?
    2 - did you upgrade the radio just before the update?
    3 - Are you sure that you had already upgraded the radio to level 10?
    @Baalos Maybe I misunderstood your issue. I was speaking of the description within the Radio Tent and how its calling survivors mechanics changed.

If the level of your Radio Tent itself decreased after the update, then that definitely should be a bug. I'd tag an NG rep like @Teeceezy to inquire further, but ultimately you should probably submit a support ticket through the in-game help.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
    Baalos
    So this is no longer a bug? Because I've been avoiding making calls since it happened.
    Baalos
    @valereee when I posted this, I had no radios. I now have over 300, waiting just like you. At this rate, going on two weeks now without either a Mod or in game response, I will probably just have to fix it myself with tomatoes. Seems unfair but you get what you pay for.
    blynknz said:

@Baalos ,
    1 - what player level are you? Now 53, was 52 at the update
    2 - did you upgrade the radio just before the update? Had it maxed level months before the update
    3 - Are you sure that you had already upgraded the radio to level 10? Yes

Shteevie said:

@blynknz is correct.

Changes to the underlying model, made for stability and loading speed reasons, meant that we were only able to have one starting level range going forward, and not one per rarity. So we went with the one in the middle, which was previously the level range associated with new Rare survivors.

@valereee , @Baalos it's been answered.

Before the level you saw was the top end. Basically there was a relationship between rarity of your survivor and the max level. The lower the rarity the higher the level that's why even though max level used to say 18 you would get legendary survivors that were level 9 but level 18 common survivors. The update changed that so while you may get lower level common, uncommon survivors but higher epic and legendary survivors than before. That's been my experience so far making 1-2 15 calls daily since the update.
    @zbot , I beleive @valereee question has been answered.

But @Baalos is saying that his tent level actually dropped, from 10 to 9.
    Thanks @blynknz , @Baalos have you contacted support? Seems kind of odd if the radio tent dropped in level, the player level would also be affected so if you have screenshots of your player level build points before and after the change that may clear things up.
    zbot said:

Thanks @blynknz , @Baalos have you contacted support? Seems kind of odd if the radio tent dropped in level, the player level would also be affected so if you have screenshots of your player level build points before and after the change that may clear things up.

Yes I have, right before I posted here. Got the scripted someone will be in touch shortly response. And no, I would not have screenshots of pre-malfunction, who would?
  • redstar2k3redstar2k3 Member Posts: 1
    Im level 9 and not able to build a radio tent at all. Why is that?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335

Im level 9 and not able to build a radio tent at all. Why is that?

You will need to upgrade your Council building [the one that looks like Dale's RV] in order to unlock more building types to build. Hope that helps!
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.