HUGE LETDOWN

So far, GW has been nothing but a massive letdown for my guild, as we haven’t gotten to play once with only 6/10 max online at a time due to time zone differences, etc. Redesign needed, please rethink this!
Katz_Killers18Annette578romeoADPaqNick37LilTex

Comments

  • Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 206
    Same issue with the timezones, but I don't think that can be helped. I think they should definitely lower the minimum number playing. We can't get 7 on at the same time, we could maybe get 5!


    Annette578NixLilTex
  • haydenfisherhaydenfisher Member Posts: 66
    I say make it 7/10 but have it last 24 hrs. Once you get the 7 you have 24 hrs to fight that enemy.
    NixCaptainslayer
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    It needs a complete overhaul.
    romeoLilTexxbamfxI_Am_PsychoCaptainslayersuzequeue
  • LortonLorton Member Posts: 1
    I can’t believe its over and we never had enough players at one time.
    TransmuteJunLilTexxbamfx
  • CarolinHawaiiCarolinHawaii Member Posts: 1
    Super agree! Need to lower the max players. 4-5 players. We sat there with only 5-6 players for hours. Only got to play 2!
    LilTexanthony172
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    Why can't you find a guild with more active players? I really don't understand why people can't find a new guild.
    TCBRITODIblisI_Am_PsychoNixTransmuteJunbigbeanoanthony172WalkerStomperromeoenigma12
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 296
    Agreed the threshold needs to be lower.

    Full disclosure I'm in a top 20 guild and we're currently in the top 10 for GW. But, it was extremely hard even for a very competitive and highly active guild family to get the minimum number. Given we've achieved good results with such an active group, I can only imagine how difficult this would be for smaller, less active guilds.

    We found we were much more able to get 5 or even 6 players online, but 7 was very difficult. In the end we had players join, even if they couldn't play, just so we had the numbers.
    romeoLilTeximacharlie
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 80
    4/5 players seems better. I’m very happy with my guild and nit leavin and we have a great time but 7 was useless with time differences. I’ve already comemented elsewhere of the other bugs needed
    romeoNixLilTex
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 112
    Maybe some of you guys should reconsider changing guilds. My guild had at least 7 mostly 10 every time and I will tell you it was loads of fun even with the bugs. Much better than the boring challenge same shit over and over.
    I_Am_PsychoromeoNick37TCBRITONixRealClareBDeathwish19LilTexbigbeanoanthony172WalkerStomperimacharlie
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    My guild got 7-10 online about 5 times over the weekend, but two of those were evening US time (so middle of the night UK) so personally I took part in 3. That's no big problem as GW is far more disruptive of my personal time than normal play is. However a drop to groups of 5 would be a big bonus.
    romeobigbeanoLilTex
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    Do you want to join a better guild? I know tons with active players if you want a list pm me.> @Danski_46 said:
    > Perhaps people are happy in their guilds...

    doesn't sound like it to me 😎

    PM me... I'm recruiting for my new guild for guild wars.

    Free ribs and chicken on Weds.
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2018
    > @ADPaq said:
    > Agreed the threshold needs to be lower.
    >
    > Full disclosure I'm in a top 20 guild and we're currently in the top 10 for GW. But, it was extremely hard even for a very competitive and highly active guild family to get the minimum number. Given we've achieved good results with such an active group, I can only imagine how difficult this would be for smaller, less active guilds.
    >
    > We found we were much more able to get 5 or even 6 players online, but 7 was very difficult. In the end we had players join, even if they couldn't play, just so we had the numbers.

    I don't understand why guilds want to lower the threshold to 5?
    Then when you can't get 5 players it'll be 3
    Then 1

    You'll end up getting shellacked by guilds with 10 players every time. So instead of wanting less try to find better/dedicated players to play in your guild.
    TCBRITONixJenngRenopwnsNick37bigbeanoxbamfx
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited December 2018

    I don't allow feigned loyalty to overcome my desire to win when it comes to gaming.

    Feigned loyalty?

    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/feign

    feign:

    to pretend to have a particular feeling, problem, etc. :
    • You know how everyone feigns surprise when you tell them how old you are.
    • The prosecution claimed that the defendant had feigned the injury.
    • She responded to his remarks with feigned amusement.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

    Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

    I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    bigbeanoCopperhead1romeo
  • haydenfisherhaydenfisher Member Posts: 66
    > @valereee said:
    > I think if your guild is any good at all, you'll likely figure out how to field a team of seven on some schedule. It's just a matter of organization. Give one of your elders the job of figuring out time zones and availability for the next one. You've got two weeks. If your guildmates can't get your shit together in that much time, then yeah, you have a choice to make.

    We play a phone game, that most people do at there convenience...not like a punch clock at our job...
    romeoADPaq
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    It’s called Guild Wars not squad wars lol gotta get people more involved with it.
    Renopwnsromeoenigma12
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2018
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > I don't allow feigned loyalty to overcome my desire to win when it comes to gaming.
    >
    > Feigned loyalty?
    >
    > https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/feign
    >
    > feign:
    > ​
    > to pretend to have a particular feeling, problem, etc. :
    > * You know how everyone feigns surprise when you tell them how old you are.
    >
    > * The prosecution claimed that the defendant had feigned the injury.
    >
    > * She responded to his remarks with feigned amusement.

    If i need a content cop i will dial 911 next time.
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > I don't allow feigned loyalty to overcome my desire to win when it comes to gaming.
    >
    > Feigned loyalty?
    >
    > https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/feign
    >
    > feign:
    > ​
    > to pretend to have a particular feeling, problem, etc. :
    > * You know how everyone feigns surprise when you tell them how old you are.
    >
    > * The prosecution claimed that the defendant had feigned the injury.
    >
    > * She responded to his remarks with feigned amusement.

    *Donkey of the day award goes to you.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    ...
    Last Stand BE recruitment

    Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

    I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    NerfZone187
  • TheWizEdTheWizEd Member Posts: 56
    I don't know why everyone is so attached to a guild that up until now basically doesn't do anything for you. Unless you want to continue with weekly star challenge with the same guild members then I would advise you find a guild that would enable you to do both weekly and GW. You know you leave grade school for high school and leave you old classmates. Then you leave high school and go to colleage again leaving classmates. Then you leave college and make friends at work. Maybe you change jobs and find new friends. That's all this is. You leave a guild to find another guild that better suits you. You've grown up now and its time for GW.

    Our guild is taking the approach that if you don't contribute to GW you get kicked and we try to recruit new members that will.
    TCBRITOromeoxbamfxtrumpton
  • haydenfisherhaydenfisher Member Posts: 66
    > @TheWizEd said:
    > I don't know why everyone is so attached to a guild that up until now basically doesn't do anything for you. Unless you want to continue with weekly star challenge with the same guild members then I would advise you find a guild that would enable you to do both weekly and GW. You know you leave grade school for high school and leave you old classmates. Then you leave high school and go to colleage again leaving classmates. Then you leave college and make friends at work. Maybe you change jobs and find new friends. That's all this is. You leave a guild to find another guild that better suits you. You've grown up now and its time for GW.
    >
    > Our guild is taking the approach that if you don't contribute to GW you get kicked and we try to recruit new members that will.
    My guild is very casual, but we like each other and do our best to contribute with what $ and time we have. Now I agree that if people are not contributing at least 100 stars they should go. The issue I think most people have is schedualing. To me forcing me to sign on at a schedule date/time is unrealistic for a phone game... A game you play at your own leisure. Our guild is filled with people from around the world. Are you discouraging that? Well if you require 10 / 7 players then you are because a guild of 20 players would be virtually impossible to fulfill that need. Let alone do it all day. I think we should look at this from a perspective of both parties. People want it to be competitive I understand that. We need to consider the majority though, which I believe are casual. The hardcore players will probably hate this idea, either have to come to a middle ground or disappoint one group fully. I don't want to disappoint the hardcore players and I don't want to be disappointed. so what do we do?
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    We have people all over the world and I’m in Australia and we can organise a 7 member team so I don’t understand the issues. If people aren’t motivated then you won’t get the required 7 member team but to blame time zones doesn’t seem an issue. We don’t have 7 people in the same time zone and you couldn’t get a more diverse team as we have in regards to time zones.
    TJSromeoDodkong
Sign In or Register to comment.