Next week's proposal (December 12th's Challenge)

Comments

• DragonfyreDragonfyre Member Posts: 89
    Kaz said:

@Kaz
    Any proposals for this week's coming Challenge (19th)

We are going to keep it as it is at the moment, so purchasable gas once per day during the challenges and the same difficulty progression. We are going to return these testing again in January because a lot of people are taking some days off for the holidays season and the ones that are not, are focusing 100% on the Guild Wars issues.

So I guess it's better to have something grindy but working than something broken, haha. I'll make an announcement about that soon.

Thanks!
    Why not take it back to a normal challenge til January? Am tired of losing players who are fed up with this race to the brick wall and done by Thursday or Friday. Has done more than anything so far to kill rewards, as they still suck, and get less than before with lack of rounds to play. TG's are down, social aspect is all but dead as people get to where they are stopped and don't even log in for last two to three days.

Sheesh there are many of us who like the challenge and would like to play it than get to 30 or so and dead stop because we can't buy our way to the higher levels. Maybe give us a few weeks to actually enjoy the damn challenges again?? Have lost 5 players due to this stupid setup. and really tired of finding the elusive player looking when so many are saying hell with it and leaving guild and many cases the game. Not a smart business model to gear it to one set of people and hell with the rest attitude am seeing from NG anymore
    @Dragonfyre (Leader/Dragons Weyr)
    TCBRITOWellyLuga[Deleted User]romeoJadenmimicaDrhooDanski_46bigbeanocrambert_necI_Am_PsychoJ_LawmsapaevKyrussuzequeue
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 65
    @Dragonfyre : totally agree with you, but I fear this isn't the medium to speak up anymore as different opinions are ridiculised and killed instantly:(
    tdiddySCBMATCBRITObigbeanocrambert_necI_Am_PsychoJadendlbDragonfyre1Ris
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Dragonfyre
    I only read your post to understand why it was so unpopular. Reducing grind is probably the single biggest request.

I'm not an end gamer but can catchup any time I want really if I choose to prioritise tomatos over actual gameplay. I have level 23 survivors apart from lvl 24 warrior and bruiser. I can clear Difficulty 30 without hospital costs, and with suboptimal gear, as I haven't sought to speed up the process of upgrading with purchases.

Now compare that to your proposal. With the time I have available to play, I would have to purchase gas booster every week to get that far. Don't forget there is Distance to play on Saturdays as well.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TCBRITO
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 582
    All good @Kaz less grind, max stars in challenge can be reach faster. Its a bit harder but we’ll get used to it. GW is 👍, distance is boring as usual but if we want the rewards it shouldn’t be a prob. Time & Gas management is key to everything especially GW. Keep up the good work 👌🏼
    Danski_46TCBRITOI_Am_PsychoJenng
    Drhoo said:

@Dragonfyre : totally agree with you, but I fear this isn't the medium to speak up anymore as different opinions are ridiculised and killed instantly:(

Couldn't agree more. Seems I best keep my opinions to myself as is easy to see that trying to speak for those who don't against the majority here who want it their way, am easily shot down

Whatever. My guild falls apart much more can count me as another of many leaving too sadly.
    tdiddySCBMADrhoo
    edited December 2018

@Dragonfyre Man, so much wrong with your statement. Perhaps the most incorrect is thinking the only way to get past 30 is to "buy your way" there. Can you enlighten me on where I send my money to get past 30? Maybe you should learn the strategy of the game before making uninformed comments like that.

Nice attack. I have been here since day one in game actually and bet I know as much as most. Yet am watching this endless messing with the one fun aspect and social part of game being slowly ripped away from the avg player and speak for them I am attacked? Remind me to stay silent I see so not to offend those who consider themselves so much better than me!

Also thought attacking a player here was not allowed? I guess for some there is no such rule eh?
    tdiddySCBMABttlOpenerDrhoo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,573
    > @Dragonfyre said:
    >
    > Sheesh there are many of us who like the challenge and would like to play it than get to 30 or so and dead stop because we can't buy our way to the higher levels.

This.

> @Kaz said:
    > @Drhoo @Dragonfyre
    >
    > One thing to keep in mind is that the way you express your feedback sets the tone of the discussion. And my fear is that when the discussion gets heated, the actual arguments get lost.
    >

And this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is being lambasted for having one but when one of the main points to your argument is this, then you're not going to get a positive reaction. It's an ignorant and rude assumption that just because you can't get past RSL30, anyone who can must only be able to do so with money. You can't start flinging wild accusations like that and then play the victim. It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
    tdiddyBodTCBRITODanski_46crambert_necJadenromeoDragonfyreDrhoo
    Bod said:

@Dragonfyre if you've been here since day one but still can't get pass rsl 30 you must be doing something wrong not everyone who can spend money instead of making accusations why don't you learn from other players 5 months ago I couldn't beat hard distance but since watching @crambert_nec and @mimica vids I complete it on regular basis now I even try my own tactics and strategy my advice to you is go and watch some vids you might learn something

And the attacks keep coming. Might be nice to see someone from management step in and stop this shit eh?

I never said is me. I said is many players I know having this issue. The game is geared to high end players at the expense of others. I spend countless hrs trying to help others get better with what I know. Yet the bar keeps getting pushed and they get left behind faster and thus leave. So maybe stop the attacks on me and quit acting so superior when ya do NOT know who I am? Sheesh. No wonder players won't post here if their views don't match the attackers
    JadenSCBMAbigbeanoromeotdiddyDrhoo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431

Nice attack. I have been here since day one in game actually and bet I know as much as most. Yet am watching this endless messing with the one fun aspect and social part of game being slowly ripped away from the avg player and speak for them I am attacked? Remind me to stay silent I see so not to offend those who consider themselves so much better than me!

Also thought attacking a player here was not allowed? I guess for some there is no such rule eh?

So is Guild Wars is not a social aspect to the game then? In fact more so than Challenge?

Come on man. It's fine to speak your mind. But if you say senseless things there's gonna be a backlash. Nobody replying to your posts has broken any rules. It's that you made remarks that were incorrect.

This forum is actually one of the most respectful and fun I've seen. These people you say are attacking you have mature lyrics, patiently and pleasantly explained why they disagree. Kaz came along to calm it down a bit. That seemed the logical point to follow suit.

Maybe I'm not as mature :D

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    crambert_necTCBRITODragonfyreDrhoo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    I really couldn't give a 💩 about the ★ count, so that is not my point, however I am in the "well my challenge time is shortened" camp.

It may we'll be, as has been inferred previously, that this is a game of tactics and I simply suck. It may be bad pulls of the RNG handle and getting mostly critical damage and critical chance badges instead of damage reduction and damage badges. It may be that I do not have the liquid resources to buy all the stellar gear and have to rely heavily on the RNG gods for gear that is not a waste space...

Heck it could be all three massed into a lump sum, but I have never yet beaten RSL 32. So missing 27.3, 28.3, 29.3, 30.3, and 31.3 is felt when I hit the wall.

I submit defense exhibit A on my behalf:

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

tdiddyJenngSPC_TORRES
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    Just to emphasize my last post. I was not complaining nor grumbling, just pointing out that someone, somewhere, will always feel the change.

I believe I've tried to support the underdogs most of the time. Well, I'm an underdog this time and I know a change was needed.

Aside from 1) pick your round passes or 2) a normal vs hard challenge, nothing will satisfy everyone.

NG does need to keep spenders happy, else no company owned game.

Play on, enjoy what we have.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

tdiddycrambert_necromeoFirekid