Does the winter bow work like it should?

If you move first then use your charge for a free attack it will only let you move after. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Comments

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 571
    You can always move after the first shot of free attack. This lets you move even after you use both shots as long as you haven't moved first.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,828
    If you attack first, you can not charge attack after.

You can only use you charge attack when you have an attack point left.
  • AxewoundAxewound Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2018
    But after moving with a normal gun you can use your free attack and your normal attack?
    Bearing in mind I have only moved 3 spaces so I have the scope left to do that
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,026
    I was hoping the weapon would allow a Shooter with full move points to:

1. Perform normal attack and then
    2. Move away and be able to stay in Overwatch OR
    2. From the same location where step 1. was performed, have full movement points and ability to do normal or charge attack.

Is this not the case?
    Black Labs Matter.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 571

Here you can see how the bow works.
    You can move 3 steps, fhen charge and do a normal attack.

With or without the bow.
    If you are saying this doesn't work for you... I don't believe it. It works for everyone else, maybe make a video of your issue?
    TJSI_Am_Psycho
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    The bow works exactly the same as other shooter weapons with the added bonus of being able to move after attack if you haven't moved before attack.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    The only thing that might be confusing is this situation:
    You attacked without moving, and your survivor is charged.
    Now you want to use the charge attack, you press it and the animation starts.
    But you can not attack because you've already used your attack-point for that turn.

With a normal weapon an attack ends turn, this time you have the movement left so the turn doesn't end for your survivor and you are able to press the charge attack but can't use it.

Do notice, there is a white circle around your survivor. Left halve represents your quick movement, right one represents your attack point (this also includes a few steps).
    If right part of the circle is dimmed, you can not attack anymore.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited December 2018
    Only issue I've noticed, which seemed to be when aiming at freeman on Handrails, at the bottom of the map in a clear straight line, was that my shooter was moving forward even though the freeman was in range.

If I get back in time, I'll do it again, to video it. Didn't think to before reading through just now.

Most of the time the range works properly. But every once in a while the range seems to be without the 2 step increase.

Tagging @Kaz because I think that is a genuine thing to test. Handrails horizontally in a straight line at a freeman at or next to the exit, is where it's occurred more than once.

Edit: 2 quick attempts to replicate it and both times the freemen came rushing out.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Kaz