Why do lower level players outscore me?

I play the game everyday. I collect all rewards I can and Max equipment for my top level heros. (Daryl, Rick, Glenn, Rufus, Negan, Michonne and one 3 pink toon.

I'm level 68 yet I constantly see level 65/66 players scoring as much as me sometimes more and players my level scoring 100 or so more than me.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Well, every level up you get is matched with an extra level of difficulty on the challenge, so it's impossible to have an advantage just because you've got lv24 compared to say lv22 survivors. If those lv22 survivors have high-level focused gear (penetration, incendiary etc), decent damage badges and maybe some multiple pink-star survivors then they have a significant advantage. Where your extra level might count a bit more is in the Distance and GW.
    I_Am_PsychoJenngBWilsDwemer
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Some people are just naturally more strategic and study any resource concerning the games they play. In this game, that is the difference between guaranteed body shots and potential crit hits.Then there is DR, which is very important at high level.

As stated above by others, choosing the correct traits to focus on first is essential. For example, Ive seen people rely on ranged, and then don't even consider pierced bullets, but choose interrupt (which will have no effect late on). I'm not suggesting this is the case for you, but it demonstrates the need to think about which gear to upgrade first.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    JenngPic
  • Michonor23Michonor23 Member Posts: 69
    Make sure you consider the traits each survivor has when matching equipment. For example try to give Michonne luck to trigger her leader trait. Is shooter Rick really your best shooter? Because it would be better to focus on Carl or Aaron. Abraham is also a lot stronger than Rufus. Badges are also sooo important to match correctly.

Having the right overall team for a map is also important. For example I normally like two hunters and a shooter, but on the recent challenge to shut the gate I would use two hunters and a warrior with wide arc. For the freemen I used two bruisers and a shooter. Consider the layout of walkers, the type of walker and how the team would work together.

I_Am_PsychoJenngDeathwish19
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,056
    edited January 7
    As stated above. Agreed with all. It comes down to tactics. How you manage your survivors. Fighter trait selections. Equipment such as armors and weapons matter. Team selections assist in major turning points. Badges also have trait stackers that maximize and go beyond the bonus addition. Also being able to see a few steps ahead of what are out comes from your moves. Hope this inspires your skills. Attached is a small snap shot into my game play.
    I_Am_Psychoaafr99anthony172BWils
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 247
    Just throwing this out there: a couple weeks ago when I had 2 lvl 23's and no one else higher than 22, I was regularly hitting in the top 5 of my 900 minimum guild (avg about (1050 stars). I jumped at the chance to just go ahead and upgrade several to 24 after upgrading my training grounds and now I barely hit 917 stars this week. If I'd only upgraded 2 survivors to 24, I probably wouldn't be in that boat, but here I am...
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,786
    @jrodrf2 yeah 24's are a shitty place to be, do what ever it takes to get to 25 as quick as possible.