Am I the only person who doesn't make badges anymore?

I have a glut of blue parts, but i haven't made a badge in ages. Im now only waiting for the next badge events because legendary badges are the only thing to shoot for. There should be a way to recycle badges where you get back some of the components etc
TCBRITO

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I'm currently holding out for the next event also. When they lowered chances of getting components, and added the newer format for component events, it seems the only logical option.

But on the next event and subsequent badge swap, I have several major reshuffles planned.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 268
    I don't make anything that isn't gold either.
    romeoTCBRITO
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 256
    I would like to know if this is true. I have also stashed a fair amount of components in the hope of a crafting event and I would hate to waste them all two weeks before a event.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Only reason to hold off now is trading epic parts up to legendary, otherwise might as well use the 1*-2* parts as you get them. Whether you hold on to 3* depends on how many epic components you have stocked up for trading.

The sad thing for me is the terrible, terrible drop rate of legendary frags and components now. I play a hell of a lot and haven't had a legendary fragment in 5 months, and probably no more than 3 or 4 components.
    romeoDanski_46mack22Governator
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 256
    Grady said:

The sad thing for me is the terrible, terrible drop rate of legendary frags and components now. I play a hell of a lot and haven't had a legendary fragment in 5 months, and probably no more than 3 or 4 components.

Assuming no active events, the drop rates out of all loot crates is around 5.5% for components.
    There are 3 loot crates per mission assuming no gold purchase or watching ads.
    When a component drops, overall the drop rate on average is around 7% for Epic components and 0.8% for Legendary components.
    When it is a Legendary component, you have 16% chance of it being a fragment.

On average you need to complete around 1/(5.5%*3*0.8%*16%) = 4735 missions per Legendary fragment given current drop rates.

If you play during a badge event, you only need to play 3788 missions per Legendary fragment.
    How does the type of chest affect this (regular / silver / gold) ? I.e. how many gold crates do you on average need to open to get 1 legendary fragment?
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    There isnt going to be a "better chance event"

Pretty sure Kaz announced this when the permanent fix for "guaranteed legendary" went live 2 or 3 updates ago lol

Yeah it sucks. I'll go months without getting a single leg comp from a challenge crate and i play to rsl 38-40 every single week.
    romeo
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > The sad thing for me is the terrible, terrible drop rate of legendary frags and components now. I play a hell of a lot and haven't had a legendary fragment in 5 months, and probably no more than 3 or 4 components.
    >
    > Assuming no active events, the drop rates out of all loot crates is around 5.5% for components.
    > There are 3 loot crates per mission assuming no gold purchase or watching ads.
    > When a component drops, overall the drop rate on average is around 7% for Epic components and 0.8% for Legendary components.
    > When it is a Legendary component, you have 16% chance of it being a fragment.
    >
    > On average you need to complete around 1/(5.5%*3*0.8%*16%) = 4735 missions per Legendary fragment given current drop rates.
    >
    > If you play during a badge event, you only need to play 3788 missions per Legendary fragment.
    >
    >
    > How does the type of chest affect this (regular / silver / gold) ? I.e. how many gold crates do you on average need to open to get 1 legendary fragment?

10's of thousands is my guess to get enough to craft 1 leg badge.
    Just a few thousand missions to craft a Leg badge, just to find it's crit chance and worse than some Epic crit badges because LOL randomness.

Seems legit.
    nipularpsychwolf
  • nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    > @DrUnpleasant said:
    > Only reason to hold off now is trading epic parts up to legendary, otherwise might as well use the 1*-2* parts as you get them. Whether you hold on to 3* depends on how many epic components you have stocked up for trading.
    >
    > The sad thing for me is the terrible, terrible drop rate of legendary frags and components now. I play a hell of a lot and haven't had a legendary fragment in 5 months, and probably no more than 3 or 4 components.

I have 3 fragments and 1 component. Its shit
    DrUnpleasant
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 39

How does the type of chest affect this (regular / silver / gold) ? I.e. how many gold crates do you on average need to open to get 1 legendary fragment?

You only need to look at Gold crates because regular and silver crates do not drop Legendary components.

When there is no event, there is a 12% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    There is roughly a 10.25% chance of the component being Legendary instead of Epic.
    When it is a Legendary component, you have 16% chance of it being a fragment.
    1/(12%*10.25%*16%) = 508 gold crates per Legendary fragment.

When there is a badge event, there is a 15% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    1/(15%*10.25%*16%) = 407 gold crates per Legendary fragment.

When there is Jackpot Deluxe event, you can pay 15*2 = 30 gold whenever you encounter 9 x Gold crates.
    Out of every 100 missions:
    85 of them will yield no special results and on average 85*3*3% = 7.65 Gold crates total
    15 of them will yield 9 x Silver crates and 0 Gold crates = 0 Gold crates total
    5 of them will yield 9 x Gold crates = 45 Gold crates total
    On average you will encounter 1 Legendary fragment after completing 508/52.65*100 = 954 missions AND paying 954/100*5*15*2 = 1431 Gold
    Killdozer187_SCBMA
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    The only fragments I get are the distance.. so I craft 4 badges per week above rare (I only play to 17 on the distance).

I'm sick of CC badges though, they come out far too frequently
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,869
    I'm anticipating a component swap event this weekend. Timing is right, no guild wars, been a while. Probably metal?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Oh and I craft whenever I get gold components... Which never happens unless there had been a swap event lol.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeo
    > @Grady said:
    > How does the type of chest affect this (regular / silver / gold) ? I.e. how many gold crates do you on average need to open to get 1 legendary fragment?
    >
    > You only need to look at Gold crates because regular and silver crates do not drop Legendary components.
    >
    > When there is no event, there is a 12% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    > There is roughly a 10.25% chance of the component being Legendary instead of Epic.
    > 1/(12%*10.25%*16%) = 508 gold crates per Legendary fragment.
    >
    > When there is a badge event, there is a 15% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    > 1/(15%*10.25%*16%) = 407 gold crates per Legendary fragment.
    >
    > When there is Jackpot Deluxe event, you can pay 15*2 = 30 gold whenever you encounter 9 x Gold crates.
    > Out of every 100 missions:
    > 85 of them will yield no special results and on average 85*3*3% = 7.65 Gold crates total
    > 15 of them will yield 9 x Silver crates and 0 Gold crates = 0 Gold crates total
    > 5 of them will yield 9 x Gold crates = 45 Gold crates total
    > On average you will encounter 1 Legendary fragment after completing 508/52.65*100 = 954 missions AND paying 954/100*5*15*2 = 1431 Gold

hi> @Grady said:
    >
    > You only need to look at Gold crates because regular and silver crates do not drop Legendary components.
    >
    > When there is no event, there is a 12% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    > There is roughly a 10.25% chance of the component being Legendary instead of Epic.
    > 1/(12%*10.25%*16%) = 508 gold crates per Legendary fragment.
    >
    > When there is a badge event, there is a 15% chance of getting a component from a gold crate.
    > 1/(15%*10.25%*16%) = 407 gold crates per Legendary fragment.
    >
    > When there is Jackpot Deluxe event, you can pay 15*2 = 30 gold whenever you encounter 9 x Gold crates.
    > Out of every 100 missions:
    > 85 of them will yield no special results and on average 85*3*3% = 7.65 Gold crates total
    > 15 of them will yield 9 x Silver crates and 0 Gold crates = 0 Gold crates total
    > 5 of them will yield 9 x Gold crates = 45 Gold crates total
    > On average you will encounter 1 Legendary fragment after completing 508/52.65*100 = 954 missions AND paying 954/100*5*15*2 = 1431 Gold

Yeah, what he said 😆
    SCBMADeathwish19
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    Component event and free badge swap this week would be excellent! Have recently unlocked survivalist rick and huntsman Daryl so would like to badge them up!
    romeo
    Firekid said:

Component event and free badge swap this week would be excellent! Have recently unlocked survivalist rick and huntsman Daryl so would like to badge them up!

If anything would be consecutive weeks rather than both together.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    I know but a man can dream!
    DrUnpleasantTCBRITO
    > @Firekid said:
    > Component event and free badge swap this week would be excellent! Have recently unlocked survivalist rick and huntsman Daryl so would like to badge them up!

Does that ass whooping you gave my guild this past weekend have anything to do with your Daryl unlock? Hmmmmmm? Lol.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @ATLAS-Z Next component event should be done with Edibles, if I remember correctly.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    romeo