Zweihander - change of plans!

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Hey guys!

We've been receiving some questions about the Zweihander weapon (2-handed Bruiser sword) and we had planned to offer it in the Bundle Shop this week. But this is not happening anymore.

The Zweihander will be available in the next update in a Season-Campaign like we had with the RPG and the Winter Bow. So it will be the highlighted weapon of the event, which means that it's achievable just by playing the game every day (without having to buy bundles or restart the distance).

The reason we are making this change is that we didn't have enough time to create a new (and cool!) weapon for the campaign due to the number of Guild Wars bugs we are fixing at the moment.

More information about the campaign itself will be available next to its release date, but the plan is to address most of the complaints we had with the Walker Wonderland.

I'm sorry if you were saving some money for that weapon specifically, but I guess you can use it on something else now since the weapon will be available for free if you play the game daily during the campaign! :)

And thank you for reading!
KratosRealClareBwhitek1111RisTRUFAtwdnmlShadowaceAzsuzequeueDeathwish19JenngmimicaSPC_TORRESTJSMichonor23FOEJayZJadenAndreaHuttSlayer23KyrusZetteSCBMAShadowWalkerTransmuteJunTroublemakerCronusCarl_s_HatRenopwnsTheCrabCarlyBWilsanthony172Danski_46ScowleyignasWellyLugaTCBRITOPicbigbeanoGovernatorMrLuckymsapaevBurmeliiniskiwinz7WattlaueferimacharliebladgierGeneral_PainInqueNezoMadPuppyaafr99BuckzzMrsScattercushionTorpmanJoeDEADITE_HUNTERArtminiusflyingcowking

Comments

• andy75andy75 Member Posts: 248
    Please don’t put it at the highest reward level. I really want it but not enough to reset the distance every time.
    1RisSPC_TORRES_Lily_
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 58
    Awesome!
    SPC_TORRES
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 92
    Freakin sweet!!! I was definitely looking forward to earning this weapon, and knowing it will be achievable through a seasonal campaign is just icing on the cake. Thank you for making this change and informing us! I love the seasonal campaigns and I hope this format continues throughout NML's future. Keep up the great work Next Games!
    ShadowWalkerMrLuckybladgierDwemer
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 224
    @Kaz that’s great can I just confirm there will be no council upgrade in the next update?
    I thought I read that a council upgrade won’t happen until July.
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
  • PicPic Member Posts: 699
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 134
    > @ThanosOfTitan said:
    > @Kaz that’s great can I just confirm there will be no council upgrade in the next update?
    > I thought I read that a council upgrade won’t happen until July.

I would also like to know this so I can plan my retirement lol. no way I'm buying all this gear again lol
    kookaburraanthony172
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    @Kaz Can you guys put another RPG in there?

And that’s really cool, more money for GW Gas then... yeah but no. Ain’t buying those Barrels.
    crambert_necATLAS-ZDanski_46Winnfield
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,478
    Any hint on the Release Date @Kaz?
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 108
    The second half of The Walking Dead Season 9 will premiere on Sunday, Feb. 10 ;)
    KazRenopwnsDonCoqui
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    I'm curious what traits it will have. The idea of a bruiser weapon that doesn't stun on regular attacks is kinda... Meh...
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeoBrassB
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 228
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I'm curious what traits it will have. The idea of a bruiser weapon that doesn't stun on regular attacks is kinda... Meh...

That might depend on the damage. If it's maybe a bit less than a scout weapon's damage, then imagine using it for attack/overwatch, retaliate, and punish. You might basically end up with a bruiser that acts like a heavily armored, less mobile scout.
    Renopwns
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 683
    ATLAS-Z said:

I'm curious what traits it will have. The idea of a bruiser weapon that doesn't stun on regular attacks is kinda... Meh...

I'm curious with regards to the traits as well. For me to be interested it would need to have Gold Razor. That one is non-negotiable. Secondary trait, Gold Lethal? Tertiary trait, Silver Destructive or Charging? Special Functionality trait of Gold Tactical? B)
    romeoRenopwns
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    Based on my past predictions (which have all been correct) 5th February 3.1 release date
    romeoimacharlieHuttSlayer23Renopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    edited January 17
    > @jrodrf2 said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > I'm curious what traits it will have. The idea of a bruiser weapon that doesn't stun on regular attacks is kinda... Meh...
    >
    > That might depend on the damage. If it's maybe a bit less than a scout weapon's damage, then imagine using it for attack/overwatch, retaliate, and punish. You might basically end up with a bruiser that acts like a heavily armored, less mobile scout.

A scout not invested in damage perhaps. Bruiser only doing big damage if you sacrifice his defensive investment. In which case retaliate and punish come at a high price. Injures...

Especially if you're not stunning
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 92
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @jrodrf2 said:

> > @ATLAS-Z said:

> > I'm curious what traits it will have. The idea of a bruiser weapon that doesn't stun on regular attacks is kinda... Meh...

>

> That might depend on the damage. If it's maybe a bit less than a scout weapon's damage, then imagine using it for attack/overwatch, retaliate, and punish. You might basically end up with a bruiser that acts like a heavily armored, less mobile scout.

A scout not invested in damage perhaps. Bruiser only doing big damage if you sacrifice his defensive investment. In which case retaliate and punish come at a high price. Injures...

Especially if you're not stunning

I have a bruiser doing 3k damage at level 20. I can't wait to put this weapon on her and watc her doing everything my scout does better (besides run).
  • SamstownSamstown Member Posts: 53
    Can we get an epic one in the TG store now since we have to wait for another update? Would be nice to use
    Governatorimacharlie
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 363
    What Zeebweilderhander really means

"Move itch get out the way"