Please don't make the hard mode harder (just yet!)

Part of the 2.12 update is to increase the Hard Mode starting level after council upgrade (or is it after a few players are at lvl 25?), but that just results in an ever moving goal post. I'd love to know that I'm actually making some progress based on how far I can get in The Distance (Hard Mode). Initially I could scrape through 16, but I'm now regularly completing 18 if I don't make any silly mistakes. I would LOVE to finish the distance at some point, and thought I'd probably do so when my survivors are at level 27 and fully beefed up with Leg badges, but this now just sounds like it's going to be impossible if the starting level increases each time my survivors get stronger.

By all means, make the Hard level harder some time in the future, but please give the majority of us the opportunity to actually see it to the end
TCBRITOJadenJayZDBonesekimhclewZette

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    If everyone had fully upgraded upgraded gear on level 27 survivors with Leg badges, it wouldn't be "hard mode".

I still haven't stopped laughing. It's supposed to be hard.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    den4playATLAS-Zanthony172youngbesyz
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    > @andy75 said:
    > It’s more strategy than power.

Agree 100%
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeoambienceTCBRITOBWils
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 65
    andy75 said:

It’s more strategy than power.

Is it? Or are players using their 8/9 star heroes to complete this? Or their paid-for weapons?
    How about someone who has completed the Hard Distance shows us the team they've got, and then we'll discuss the power/strategy ratio ;)
    TCBRITOEl_SargeJayZ1Risbigbeanobladgier
  • BodBod Member Posts: 98
    @ambience fyi I completed hard distance when my toons were lv 23 so did lots of players just fire power alone won't help you like others have said tactics strategy organisation is most important
    TCBRITOBWilsBuckzz
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    I thought the difficulty of the distance has already been raised since the update?🤔
    Jenng
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Steeboon said:

I thought the difficulty of the distance has already been raised since the update?🤔

It was. Right when this thread was created. ;)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566
    edited January 3
    @avelardez With an overpowered broken wrestler trait which is a shadow of it's former glory :lol:. Those strategies aren't too much help nowadays.

To to the OP, what these guys said. I would always get the weapons with a great deal of struggle then give up until I joined a strategy chat for the guild I was in. Strategies were shared and the videos of @crambert_nec were in the notes for reference. It's a mixture of power, strategy and bodies. Generally the more you have of one, the less you need of the other. It's easy to get extra bodies with 1* survivors from free calls which you can sacrifice and with the right strategy you can consistently get the epic badge parts to give you the power to make it that little bit easier.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    TCBRITO
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    edited January 4
    > @TJS said:
    > I thought the difficulty of the distance has already been raised since the update?🤔
    >
    >
    > It was. Right when this thread was created. ;)

Ahh... my bad. Didn’t realise this was an Oct post😬
    TJS
    I completed the distance way back when the wrestler glitch existed, and have managed to do so a few more times when glitches have appeared, but I'd like to see some proof that's "doable no problem"
    TJSbladgierbigbeanoDrUnpleasant
    That would be awesome!
    avelardez said:

Ok here is a more recent one. The stuff is easy. A proper strategy from Mission one is your start as mentioned. If anyone wants a walk through I’ll make a FB live video this Saturday and you can follow along. Have not used my YouTube account yet but I can figure something out. Going to do another live Guild War Battle next week. Stay tuned.

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,342
    Like I said, search crambert on YouTube and find my channel. Walkthroughs for every distance version. Doing them no problem. We're not lying to you lol
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    tabernacWellyLugaBWils
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 98
    @ambience You don't need to be super smart or skilled or rich to complete the distance. If you play long enough to have heroes at legendary,one 2* survivor at each class and rare quality badges for ~15 survivors you can easily complete the distance with a basic understanding of the game. I'm completing the distance with one survivor at each class with 2 pink stars, four heroes at 1 pink and no bought weapons. Seriously, go and watch @crambert_nec videos. If you can't beat the distance after that, you are just doing something wrong and buying weapons won't change anything.
    crambert_nec
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,771
    edited January 16
    > @ambience said:
    > I completed the distance way back when the wrestler glitch existed, and have managed to do so a few more times when glitches have appeared, but I'd like to see some proof that's "doable no problem"

Crambert YouTube channel, it's all there.

You seem to be willing to deny it even when you'll see it with your own eyes, even though people told you how and where to look multiple times, not much can be done with this kind of attitude.
    If you don't want to see something, you won't see it even if it was in front of you. Good luck, you'll need it
    crambert_necBWils
  • youngbesyzyoungbesyz Member Posts: 60
    ambience said:

andy75 said:

It’s more strategy than power.

Is it? Or are players using their 8/9 star heroes to complete this? Or their paid-for weapons?
    How about someone who has completed the Hard Distance shows us the team they've got, and then we'll discuss the power/strategy ratio ;)
    I complete the distance and I HAVEN'T SPENT A SINGLE BUCK IN THIS GAME (because i dont think NG deserves that). I have many characters at 25 and just a few weapons/armors at 28. I play since since June 2016 and I almost have 1 character per class with 3 pink stars (scout and bruiser on the way). What's your excuse now? :p
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566
    edited January 17
    Mad love for @crambert_nec in this thread, love it! :smiley:

I'd just like to add (so no one gets their hopes up) that just simply watching the videos won't guarantee you will go and complete the distance the next day, you might, but it's unlikely. But it shows you good strategy for each mission, what survivor combinations to use and a general idea of how many in each class you will need. When I started watching them I could only complete mission 13/14, but then when I improved my strategy I started to realise things like 'okay, I need a really high damage scout, an extra assault/bruiser for stuns, I'm quite low on hunters for incendiary' etc so you can figure out not only what to do, but what you're missing in your roster.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    crambert_necBWilsZette
    Thanks for all your suggestions! I've add a few YouTube vids to my watchlist from crambert (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFhBtDDHWz0QsZJzVDoHE-Q/playlists).
    I guess this thread should've been under tactics, rather than me moaning about recent changes.
    I *do* regularly get to 19/20, and have completed when glitches exist. I agree. though, that I need to take a long look at my survivor list and work out how best to use badges!
    Thanks again to all of you.
    Zette