Stop allowing ads to automatically launch Google Play

justinc222justinc222 Member Posts: 46
edited November 2018 in Game Issues
The Angry Birds advertisement and at least one other game (that I don't remember the name of) are automatically launching the Google Play app when the ads finish. Please do not allow this. It's really annoying. Angry Birds plays a lot lately and it should not be allowed to do that.
GradyLoneWanderer360psychwolftdiddyfishyCronusJadenJediMasterYodaJenngbigbeanomimicaBWilsUrbanjesus

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Angry Birds 2 also launches Apple Play Store automatically as well.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Yeah, address this issue. It's happening more often.
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 518
    Using Samsung Tab A, and happens quite often.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Got this one a few times today. I know posting probably doesn't matter much but it's annoying. Also, here's the crazy coin pop lady.
    JenngBWilsUrbanjesus
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 65
    Agree, this is anoying AF.
    BWilsUrbanjesus
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 222
    Let's just keep bumping this to the top until NG acknowledges it.
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 96
    Yep happens to me and my lady as well, we both hate this. It's never done this crap until like two weeks ago.
    JenngBWils
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    @Kaz is this something that is "working as intended" and if so please reconsider.

Thank you.,

Cronus
    JenngBWils
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    This really needs to stop.

I find it disrespectful to be honest.

It's also kinda stoopid.

I mean, what do the companies who provide these kinds of ads think will happen?

"Oh, I got taken to the Playstore, now I have to install this app because I am already here even though I have no interest in that kind of game."

or

"Oh, I'm in the Playstore, ooopsie, I pressed install by accident, ooops, I confirmend, ooops, now I need to play this game because I already installed it and gave it all those permissions."

Can you guys please make this stop? @Kaz
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    psychwolfJenngbigbeanoBWils
    It's not one ad. It's several.

I disabled my play store app just to see if it would stop and instead it opened my browser and still took me to the online play store.
    psychwolfMrLucky
    I think the Marijuana investment ad is the only one still doing this. I hope NG stops it soon.
  • Ronin_DaveRonin_Dave Member Posts: 13
    Super annoying. This is a new development that only just began a few weeks ago for me. Please make it stop.
    MrLucky
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 272
    What bugs me about it is if the ad can skew your Google Play stats and make Google think you like that type of app. Not sure that'll happen, but if so: lame.
    MrLucky
  • Mad_MikeMad_Mike Member Posts: 23
    I get the same thing with my Samsung Chromebook using Android apps. Annoying, yes
    MrLucky
    I've just started leaving 1 star reviews and calling out NG and the advertiser as using shit practices to advertise their game. Either NG will stop allowing it or the advertisers will stop running ads that do it.
    MrLucky
  • CallasCallas Member Posts: 40
    Agree 100%... extremely annoying and bloody cheeky.
    psychwolfMrLucky
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Yup, seems to be getting more common if anything.
    psychwolfMrLucky
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 294
    @Kaz any update on this issue. Seems to be happening more often lately. Started with 1 or 2 ads but lately it seems more of them are doing it. Is this a NG thing to generate more revenue or the ad companies? Either way make it stop please!!
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    psychwolfMrLucky
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    This is happening in other games I play too. It all started at the same time not limited to NML.
    MrLucky
  • CallasCallas Member Posts: 40
    If I get any more ads about that Klondike game that take me to the Google play store, I will not be responsible for my actions... it's getting worse and worse 😠
    tabernacSg_DeathJadenMrLucky
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    Maybe we need to download the game and give it a bad rating? I mean... it would count for their times downloaded... but I'm getting more than just a little annoyed by that.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MrLucky
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 101
    Super frustrating. To be sucked to Google play all the time, want to bump this back up there
    MrLuckyBWils
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,451
    Not sure how many of you play other games but to me it’s not a NG issue but a ad provider issue across all games that offer in game ads, all my other games with ads have this issue (Angry Birds Evolution, Idle Heroes, etc.)

I personally don’t mind it.
    SCBMA