Guild wars: call to action

Comments

• ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 377

@Kaz it's hard to be harsh on the game and criticise choices NG makes without it spilling bad vibes on you. And I'm yet to meet a player that does see your importance on this community. So thanks, and sorry.

@Troublemaker , I think you've got a typo and meant doesn't?
    I hope so because I've never heard a bad word said about @Kaz
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    donald6283Troublemaker
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 377
    Quick point to throw out there, is GW gas necessary? Could the use of normal gas in GW provide a solution to this issue?

Keys would still limit participation to three battles, but players could fully participate in three (if they managed to get enough guildmates together.)

I think a lot more people would buy gas boosters on a GW weekend, even those who have never bought one before, thereby producing revenue for NG.

Or if that revenue isn't enough, (and let's be honest if the business isn't making money, the game will disappear) how about they sell additional keys?
    Everyone will have 3 Keys and the opportunity to play three battles (Fully if they have a gas booster). Those guilds who aren't afraid of opening their wallets and who strive for the top tier rewards can purchase additional keys and fight in more battles.

It's just an idea, and sorry in advance if I've spoken out of turn.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    TroublemakerromeoRenopwnsDeathwish19
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    > @Scowley said:
    > @Kaz it's hard to be harsh on the game and criticise choices NG makes without it spilling bad vibes on you. And I'm yet to meet a player that does see your importance on this community. So thanks, and sorry.
    >
    >
    > @Troublemaker , I think you've got a typo and meant doesn't?
    > I hope so because I've never heard a bad word said about @Kaz

Absolutely! Edited/fixed. Thanks!
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    BWilsromeo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited January 20
    Scowley said:

Quick point to throw out there, is GW gas necessary? Could the use of normal gas in GW provide a solution to this issue?

Keys would still limit participation to three battles, but players could fully participate in three (if they managed to get enough guildmates together.)

I think a lot more people would buy gas boosters on a GW weekend, even those who have never bought one before, thereby producing revenue for NG.

I don't think relying on normal gas works for the wider community, with other game modes running concurrently. For people prepared to pay for boosters, it works for sure. It would end up becoming a game mode not playable without paying which a lot of people either won't do, or only occassionally do.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • xyf80xyf80 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61
    from day -10 I point out NG made a big mistake by not focusing the game tactical side (can not review the battle, can not allow the defense choose) then it turn out to be obvious, they just want to make more money! Ya, I am 1000% boycott the GW gas until they change it with 300+ player
    romeocrambert_necDragonfyreDanski_46
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    @ATLAS-Z In my guild, players monitor how much we are down in VP if we fall behind. We make it a strategy to take the loss in order to save gas for the next time since the multiplier is everything and losses don't mean shit. We are playing to earn the Guild Shop rewards afterall. Everyone plays their 5 missions however, in order to get back the gas after the Battle.

To avoid teams purposely losing, to encourage players to continue to use gas even when a Battle will result in a loss, and to make it matter less when a team of 6 goes against a team of 10, NG should adjust the multiplier. The VP for each team should be combined at the end of the Battle and each team's percentage contribution to that total is what should be awarded to that team when that percentage is multiplied by the Battle multiplier. It then becomes more of an individual's performance on a team that matters most. And like I said, I realize that the multiplier would need to be adjusted/increased in order to make this work.
    Black Labs Matter.
    romeoxbamfxATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,520
    @PigBenis yes that's exactly what my guild does.

If we determine were facing a power spender guild, we reign it in and save gas. If we vs someone we think we can beat, we go all out.

Shouldn't be that way tho. It's sad...

We are just hyenas picking off the weakest of the herd.

Not very fulfilling and definitely not sustainable.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeoDanski_46
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    NextGames has every right to try to maximize its revenue. Players can respond to NG pricing any way they desire. It's as simple as that.

It's an ultra-competitive, social media influenced business world. Consumers today demand value, and if one company doesn't provide value, consumers will find a substitute very quickly. Consumers will let the world know what they think of a company's value proposition on social media. Most markets, like the game market, provide consumers plenty of choices.

It's hard not to tie GW gas pricing to the NextGames announcement on Jan 10. The GW gas pricing has provided the company some short term revenue, but you have to question whether the high price of GW gas will be good for the company in the long run.

GW gas pricing is just a continuation of the NG regular strategy of milking the whales. Given NG's financial performance, one could might conclude that the company has made some bad decisions in the past, and they might want to try some different tactics.
    WellyLugaDodkongTroublemakerCelgar1719
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    It's not to late yet. The errors, bugs and even this major GW Gas issue are easy to fix. Just focus on NML instead of OW.

Since NML is NGs cash cow, it would be a disaster for them if the money stops coming in.
    xbamfxBWilsromeo
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    Be careful someone may go back and edit all their posts on you 🤣🤣🤣🤣 slow clap for children 👏
    SCBMARenopwnsPic
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    @colinat plenty of players love guild wars from a fun point of view, the problem is having enough gas to participate in a full war. I’m not paying $60 a week to play it on top of bundles and boosters.
    SCBMAcrambert_necDanski_46DonCoquiromeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,711
    @colinat I think we are all wanting support for this awesome game mode, thing is the support needs to come from NG. The amount of free gas given equates to 15 gas a key. Which is about 15 mins of game play. Seeing I spent around 3 to 4 hours (at least) trying to organise our guild to get as many people a chance to play as possible, I wonder if it is worth it. I want to support this game mode and have been but if NG don't support the players of the game mode then why should I support it?
    sbfbradleyharvey
  • xiaofei66xiaofei66 Member Posts: 42
    I am sick of the spoiled crybabies that whine every time things don’t go their way. Many of these whining “leaders” are the same ones who have no problem screwing their guild members when it helps THEM, personally.
    bladgierI_Am_PsychoDanski_46DonCoquiKyrusanthony172PicCronusBWilsTCBRITOromeoTroublemakerbigbeanocrambert_necBill_ZRTsuzequeueADPaq
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 575
    Strong words... uyuyuy...
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    bladgieranthony172javajnkie
  • PicPic Member Posts: 791
    edited January 22
    Removed
    DonCoquiTroublemakeranthony172Kick_assbigbeanoaafr99
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 21
    How do you post gifs?
    😁