Guild Wars updates for the next war (Jan 26) and for the next season.

KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
edited February 9 in Guild Wars Discussion
Here we go again! Last war of the season so hopefully this one will run smoothly!

Since the most discussed topic now is the Guild Wars Gas, let's start from this one.

We've discussed many options and a lot of players' suggestions were brought to the table, but we haven't made a decision yet. Our goal is clear though, we are going to make Guild Wars Gas more accessible either by collecting more throughout the game and in better deals. More information will follow before the first War of the next Season.

We are also going to rebalance the number of Victory Points you need to reach to get to certain tiers. But for that, we are still waiting for the final results of this next War. Our goal is also to make it more achievable.

Since Guild Wars is going through an overall rebalance, we might change how many Reward Points you get per mission as well. Increasing the number of gas directly increases how many RP you get, so this has to be taken into account as well. The goal here is that players should decide what they are going for. For that, we'll hopefully have some interface improvements that will let you know the price of the items before you unlock them. This improvement is still under development though, so there's a small possibility that this won't be added in 3.1.

No Balance changes:
- For this last war, we are going to go with the exact same changes we had in the previous War. You can check them here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/38514/guild-wars-adjustments-and-updates-for-the-next-war-january-12#latest

Known bugs update:
- Guilds stuck on the Register/Withdraw/ < 1 minute for the next battle screen.
This will be properly fixed in the next update. So if you experience this problem during the war, contact me OR support (but not both at the same time, please :D) and tell us your guild name and in-game name.

- 2 Keys used in one battle
Fixed! Shouldn't be happening anymore. If it does, let us know.

- Victory Points weren't counted.
Same as above.

- Increased number of disconnects
We had some server issues during the last war. We should have fewer disconnects or none at all for this war.

- Fighting guilds with less than the required number of players (under investigation)
We identified that it's actually a visual issue. So the guild you are fighting against has actually 7 (or more) the name of some players are not visible due to some server error. Should be fixed in 3.1

- Fighting a guild that has more than 10 players (under investigation)
That's a different issue and we are still investigating it.

- Some gas from the distance was being incorrectly counted on the interface (but it was correct in the game)
It's a visual issue. Restarting the game should fix it. We should have a fix for that in the next update.

- Not getting 5 gas after playing a battle.
We've checked some players that reported that after the last war and it seems that the gas is being sent correctly, but there's some incorrect visual feedback on your screen. If you noticed that you haven't received the gas after playing a battle, restarting your game should fix the issue.

- Never-ending missions (broken objectives).
We've decreased the number of times that "Loot" and "Kill the Though Walker" missions pop up, meaning that you have a very small chance to get stuck in a mission. This will be fixed in the next update.

- Weird behavior fighting Metal Head Walkers (not being able to kill the walkers in front of a Metal Walker with Hunters)
Fixed in 3.1.

- "Upcoming Battle needs players" message popping up after the war.
That's because of the workaround we made to solve the players getting stuck on the registering screen. Hopefully, we'll have it fixed in 3.1.
To avoid that, you can withdraw before the end of the war. The message delivery stops being sent around Tuesday 19:00 UTC.

Future Plans
- Even though we are already planning changes, rebalances and fixes for the next Season this doesn't mean that they are final. So please, keep sharing your feedback until we get it right for both us and the players. :)

Thanks for reading it and for your attention!
positiveJennganthony172Bill_ZRTBuckzzwrinkled_bagSPC_TORRESTJSWellyLugaRenopwnsTroublemakerHuttSlayer23ScowleyBWilsaafr99bigbeanoWahooDawgMrLuckyDanski_46msapaevD4nn0Katz_Killers18TeamDeadZetteGlenda_54ZombieAnnhilatorCopperhead1LilTexxbamfx

Comments

• CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,129
    Kaz said:

- Fighting guilds with less than 7 players (under investigation)
    We identified that it's actually a visual issue. So the guild you are fighting against has actually 7 (or more) the name of some players are not visible due to some server error. Should be fixed in 3.1

Is the minimum back to 7? Or still new minimum of 6?

My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423
    Carly said:

Kaz said:

- Fighting guilds with less than 7 players (under investigation)

Is the minimum back to 7? Or still new minimum of 6?

Good catch! I've edited now. The minimum is still 6. :)
    CarlyKatz_Killers18BWils
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    Good one @Kaz!
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,987
    Thank you for keeping us updated. While I would like to see changes now (Who wouldn't?) I am glad that ou have explained what is coming and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the game update.
    Copperhead1
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,536
    @Kaz
    Never-ending missions (broken objectives).
    We've decreased the number of times that "Loot" and "Kill the Though Walker" missions pop up, meaning that you have a very small chance to get stuck in a mission. This will be fixed in the next update.

any thoughts on the missions.... that have 5 turns to open the gate
    Not asking... that every mission is get to the end... those are sweet. But have had plenty that seem like it was very objective rolled into one

• MetalMetal Member Posts: 466
    Great no gas again this round, guess I can play one or 2 rounds, whoopi
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,400
    edited January 24
    If you are reducing the amount of reward points then the gas needs to be free rather than "better deals" other than that it all sounds promising! Keep up the good work @kaz
    MrLuckyWahooDawgsuzequeueErmaks
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 292
    Ass, gas, or grass.
    No one rides for free.
    :wink:
    SPC_TORRESFirekidBWilsKrieg
  • Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 204
    edited January 24
    @Kaz,
    Thanks for the update!

Hang in there!!

SPC_TORRES
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 216
    Anything you can do to prevent double and triple up enemy efforts would equate to about a 15% net efficiency gain for my guild.
    Yeah, yeah, I've begged them to play 'find it, kill it or offer in chat' or 'no-one takes enemy without being assigned'... But my guild mates are bloodthirsty barbarians once the battle is on.
    Maybe 'lock' the mission if anyone even taps it? (Lag won't fix that. Hmm....)

Maybe force the 'find it, kill it or offer' with a dialog that asks "will you claim this enemy battle, or let anyone on your team take it?" That would at least block the immediate, lag-driven swarm.
    JenngMrKaplanMadPuppyZombieAnnhilator
  • MrKaplanMrKaplan Member Posts: 10
    > @Artminius said:
    > Anything you can do to prevent double and triple up enemy efforts would equate to about a 15% net efficiency gain for my guild.
    > Yeah, yeah, I've begged them to play 'find it, kill it or offer in chat' or 'no-one takes enemy without being assigned'... But my guild mates are bloodthirsty barbarians once the battle is on.
    > Maybe 'lock' the mission if anyone even taps it? (Lag won't fix that. Hmm....)
    >
    > Maybe force the 'find it, kill it or offer' with a dialog that asks "will you claim this enemy battle, or let anyone on your team take it?" That would at least block the immediate, lag-driven swarm.

My guildlings are so bloodthirsty that 3 or 4 of them will pile up on the same damn enemy. No matter how many times I remind them that they are wasting resources and time. Your idea is fantastic!
    MadPuppyRenopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,087
    If 5 people defeat a mission, everyone still gets points, right?

Where's the wasted resources?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    tabernac
    They could be clearing other areas in order to move on to the next tier where the point values are higher.
    TCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,087
    > @MrKaplan said:
    > They could be clearing other areas in order to move on to the next tier where the point values are higher.

It doesn't matter unless your buying gas and spending to heal, you're not going to make much of a dent into sanctuary.

I suppose if you only had 6 or 7 on your team you'll want to avoid doubling missions or you might not clear all junkyard.

We usually have 9-10 per session and we pretty easily clear all junkyard areas, even when doubling up on boss missions.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MystiqueromeoJaden
    That's cool, we usually have the minimum, maybe +1 or 2. Even with that, some of my members join a battle with only the 5 gas that they got back from the previous battle. Leaving us with 2-4 clearing tier 2. I've managed to make it to tier 3 only 2 or 3 times. If everyone used their gas more wisely then we would get further faster. Every guild is different.
  • HugoBB91HugoBB91 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    The Guild War started and my guild still have the problem of <1 min to start the war, but we can't register and it never starts. My guild name is Santuário BR and my nick is HugoBB91. Please, fix it. We don't wanna be out of another guild war.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Thought I'd tag you @Kaz for above post ^^^
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Kaz
  • Valkyrie69426Valkyrie69426 Member Posts: 10
    Why are Guild rewards resetting after the season is finished?? How can we obtain 475k rewards points to get the last reward if you reset for next season??
    @TJS thanks!

@HugoBB91 On it! Try to restart your game and you should be fine now. :)
    TJS
  • seahawks72seahawks72 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Can play guild wars stuck on <\1 minute all the time. Guild is KILLEMALL
    Kaz
    @Valkyrie69426 Thanks for the feedback! The seasons reset so everybody can compete starting from the same point on every season. The number of reward points needed to get to the a different tier are going to be rebalanced for the next season.

@seahawks72 Fixed! :)
    Valkyrie69426JenngTCBRITO
    If rewards points are resetting, does that mean we are going to lose our gas too??
    @Valkyrie69426 No, the gas will remain in your account. When the Season ends it resets your Victory Points, Reward Points and the rewards you can buy in the shop are changed to something different. The exclusive rewards available in the Guild Wars will then be redistributed throughout the game. :)
    JenngTCBRITOxbamfx
    Thanks for your quick responses :smile:
    KazTCBRITO
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 466
    GW not even working still stuck at less min lol
  • BikerPietBikerPiet Member Posts: 8
    Hi there. Headhunters II is having a problem signing up for the war...again. Will you be able to fix it before the war ends?
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,045
    I’m pretty sure we keep our gas @Valkyrie69426 I’d almost swear to it. Stay gassy out there survivor! ;)

SPC_TORRES
    @Metal Could you send me a private message with your in-game name and guild name so I can fix it for you? :)

@BikerPiet you should be good to go now. Remember to restart your game first! :)
    BikerPiet
  • glengieglengie Member Posts: 4
    Help! It's not working! We are team from Hong Kong 香港正義聯盟
    Kaz