Guild Wars updates for the next war (Jan 26) and for the next season.

13»

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    @stoneman you won’t lose your GW gas.
    xbamfxTCBRITOJenng
  • BaksdirtydozenBaksdirtydozen Member Posts: 34
    After reading you talk about rebalancing the gas after this last war, you worded it in away that you would EITHER?? being the key word!! Give more opportunities to earn gas through the other game modes OR put together better deals?? Which in other words means PAY CASH FOR MORE STILL!! people spend money on the game already and no matter what u do you will always get cash players spending money so making it fair for normal players to earn war gas shouldn't leave you guys out of pocket! The best way to do this is instead of making guild war gas available to earn in other game modes the week of the wars you should make it available to earn as soon as the wars ends in the challenge and distance like you do in the second week but you should do it for both weeks between wars not just one.
    TCBRITOATLAS-Zstoneman
  • Antony23Antony23 Member Posts: 6
    > @Antony23 said:
    > > @TonyC said:
    > > @Kaz, please consider lowering the guild minimum for Guild Wars. Assassins Guild currently has 10 members scattered all over the world. Every war we get at least 4 or 5 to join which does us no good. Needless to say this whole season we've been in 3 to 4 battles. Can the minimum please be lowered to 2? It's VERY frustrating not being able to participate.
    >
    > I couldn't agree more. I spent the whole weekend with crossed fingers in the hope of enough sign ups.

It is especially more painful when you are looking forward to seeing something different and new in the game. I feel this is more so when you have reached as far as the game allows.
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 122
    Will the reward points be deletet or can i ceep and savectgem? Dont want to spend them for that pistol... have enough already
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,787
    @kasimir use them or lose them I'm afraid
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423

After reading you talk about rebalancing the gas after this last war, you worded it in away that you would EITHER?? being the key word!! Give more opportunities to earn gas through the other game modes OR put together better deals?? Which in other words means PAY CASH FOR MORE STILL!! people spend money on the game already and no matter what u do you will always get cash players spending money so making it fair for normal players to earn war gas shouldn't leave you guys out of pocket! The best way to do this is instead of making guild war gas available to earn in other game modes the week of the wars you should make it available to earn as soon as the wars ends in the challenge and distance like you do in the second week but you should do it for both weeks between wars not just one.

True that! I've just changed to "And" instead of "Or" now. :)
    avelardez said:

What’s the reason for resetting your reward points you have earned with the money purchased to get gas and play to save for tokens later on to zero? So all that hard work just gets lost? Why is that decision being made against players?

The Reward and Victory points get reset, but your remaining gas and claimed rewards stay in your account, so everything that was invested is converted in rewards. The reason Season Resets exist in gaming is basically to make the game more dynamic and give everyone the same chance to compete for the leader position in every Season. Also, resetting is necessary when the rewards are unlocked based on the number of Victory Points you have. A guild that didn't perform well in one season, wouldn't be able to reach to the master tier in the consequent Season and so on.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 762
    rchap said:

@Kaz

I have 146 rewards points, but the cheapest thing left to buy in the Guild Shop is 150. I understand they will reset and agree with the reason why. However, couldn't you just convert unused rewards points to gold when the reset occurs? That would prevent people from feeling frustrated that the points they earned were lost at reset. Seems like a fair exchange and possibly easy to program.

Cool idea! I'd also be happy with any amount of rewards points that can't be spent in any way on any item be rolled over. In this case 149 points or less. Doesn't seem like an "economy breaking" mechanism.
    Scowleybigbeano
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,666
    edited January 28
    Six is the magic number, please DON'T drop the minimum players below this?

See below for proof...
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,666

I told you man....
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Renopwns
  • TheWizEdTheWizEd Member Posts: 56
    IMHO:

1) There is a flashing symbol to indicate another guild member is in that step, so I stay out and pick another. But when I reveal the enemy, before I can adjust my survivors for dealing with enemy someone else from my guild jumps in ahead of me. I agree there should be some mechanism to lock it so I get first shot at it. Its always more exhilarating to battle the enemy survivors. If I'm not successful then unlock it for my guild mates.

2) Guild points should be reset every season. Otherwise guilds that have achieved a high level in that season will so far ahead of everyone else we can never catch up. This way if every guild start new some guilds can show they improved from season to season.

3) There should be some boost for lower level guild members otherwise they are left out of guild wars and get discouraged. If a guild member is below a certain level they should get a boost to bring them up to the minimum. That way they can feel as though they have constributed to the overall guild performance.

4) Right now 6 seems to be working in our guild, I would suggest leaving it. If you have trouble getting 6 then recruit or join another guild. We recruited some new members who have made significant contributions to our success. Leave it at 3 keys, that's 3 hours a day playing guild wars. If that's not enough for you, you need to get out more. GW gas can be obtained through challenges and from GW reward points. Its a resource that needs to be managed.

5) Move the Stars Challenge to Monday - Friday so it doesn't over lap with GW.
    RenopwnsTCBRITO
  • Caz666Caz666 Member Posts: 52
    I havent read all the replies so sorry if this has been address but it might be an idea to have an alert/notification pop up on your phone if a battle is about to start that you have put a key in for and has at least 6 players.
    A few times people have signed up for a battle, it didn’t reach 6 players and they key is left in there so a few hours pass and they’ve forgotten about it, or are no longer available to play.
    Would be a nice reminder.
    TJSjimmydawiseWellyLuga