3.1 - Patch Notes discussion!

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Our content creators have announced it already, but we've added some more stuff there regarding Guild Wars rebalance/changes. :)

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/38950/update-3-1-patch-notes/p1
DLHmimicaSPC_TORRESTCBRITOxbamfxDeathwish19

Comments

• PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,026
    So is it intentional that the Distance modes once again offer a different amount of GW gas based on selected difficulty? It was first released that way with 5 for Normal mode and 10 for Hard mode and I started a thread suggesting it should be changed to allow all levels of players the same opportunity to play the GW mode. It was then changed for whatever reason to award 10 GW gas in each difficulty mode for 2-3 weeks, but now it's going back to the original format? If that's true, what is the justification for this?

Also, players being signed up for a Battle for 4 hours at a time or whichever is shorter...is there still the option to withdraw from a Battle prior to it starting? If not, this is a BAD change as players with an hour or two window to play will sign up hoping to get enough players to Battle but if they don't, they will remained signed up for times when they are unable to play and this takes a spot away from others that might be able to play. It also puts a guild at a disadvantage because they could have 4 players sign up that are unable to play and then 6 active players against a full team of 10 actives.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Also, in regards to the reduction of VP needed to unlock specific tiers, what were the old values compared to the new ones? Same question but for Reward Points as well.

The two in combination (reducing VP needed to unlock tiers and reducing amount of RP earned per mission) seems counter-intuitive. Players will more easily be able to unlock rewards at a certain level, but now they won't be able to afford them due to a reduction in RP per mission. It seems exactly like the logic NG uses so that even when the Hospital is upgraded as survivor and player levels increase, the max heal time always seems to be at the 2 hour mark and the only reason to upgrade the Hospital is so that millions of supplies are spent so players need to buy boosters or bundles in order to gain more supplies before finally upgrading something worthwhile i.e. Council, Training Grounds, etc that will allow survivor levels to increase.
    Black Labs Matter.
    romeoLucasMcCain
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 559
    @Kaz are whisperers random in all missions or only certain ones? Also, if your first survivor reveals a whisperer will your other two survivors still get to move before the whisperer or does the whisperer attack right away? Finally, once revealed, the human will be attacked by the remaining walkers correct?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Deadheads
    From what I understand the Whispers will only be in the new season missions.

(Maybe we'll see them in other places in the future.)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    SPC_TORRESKazromeo
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 559
    Ah, that makes sense @TJS
    TJSromeo
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,987
    I see a lot of great changes in this update, including more opportunity to earn GW gas, and preventing players from entering a war already in progress. I am excited to see what will be done with the Whisperers as well!

However, like @PigBenis , I am concerned by the reduction to 5 red gas in normal Distance. Is that a mistake/typo, and shouldn't it be 10 red gas in normal Distance, as it was before?
    romeo
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 987
    Why and what is so hard about giving out more gas to buy in the trade shop for free and why is NG so bent on charging players money for guild war gas? Once per War is outrageous. What is the purpose other than restrictions? Please explain the game mechanics on this decision and change it. No waiting on the next update or review.
    romeo
    I agree and that's why I'm still boycotting this game mode. By the time they fix it, maybe I'll have amassed enough GW gas through regular completion of Distance and Challenge to be able to play as it should be.
    Black Labs Matter.
    ignas
    edited February 4
    I count 100 gals of gas given out for free. That restricts players to 50 gals a day at 16-17 gals a battle. Players must play the Distance four times during the prep time and reach 1k stars both weeks to get the gas and save 12k TGs to buy GW in the shop once per War. I use 120 gals per day and 240 per War so I am forced to pay to play! If my numbers are wrong someone please correct. Might be missing a cinema GWGas or something.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    @PigBenis

- We decreased the amount of gas available for casual/lower-level players because we want to prevent the scenario where they start stockpiling gas for not being able to spend all their gas due to the difficulty of the Guild Wars missions. We’ve seen that this is already happening, so now we want to reward a player based on their effort. Casual players will still get more gas than before (especially if they get to at least 1000 stars) including from Ads, season start and Guild Shop offers, so that should make up for the fact that they are not getting 10 per Normal Distance.

- You can sign out of the battle 6 minutes prior to the Battle start.
    The situation in Season 1 was that the sign-up was working until the Battle starts, so it made the situation even worse - you could sign up for a Battle at the beginning of the War, and if the minimum required number of players was reached only at the end of the War, the battle would happen only then with everyone who signed up during that time, haha.
    Now, this is reduced to 4 hours, so after 4 hours the player who signed up should be automatically signed out. The 4h timer is still pretty much open for reviewing, and can be reduced, if necessary, of course. So if the battle doesn't start in the next hour or two for you, you can sign out and make space for others (but not after the lock happens, though). We will see how it goes, and then decide if we need to adjust this!

- Players are getting more than double the amount of gas, so it means that this should already have an impact on what tier they reach. At the same time, we also decreased the number of VP needed to reach certain tiers. Not balancing the RP you get would mean that you would be able to buy all the offers available if you unlock them, which was never part of the design. Using all the gas you get, you will end up with more rewards unlocked and more Reward Points to use; we just ask the players to play more and go further in each battle instead with more gas available. The VP needed is decreased by around 10% for the top tiers. So it should be hard to get there still, but a lot more guilds should be able to reach it. We tripled (or multiplied by 2.7) the gas availability and we reduced the RP you get per mission by half.

@Deadheads

- Whisperers will be available only in Season Missions in this update. The plan is to redistribute them throughout the game in the future. The same goes for Metal Head Walkers. Maybe in a new challenge set, guild war missions or in old challenge sets that we haven't been using for a while.

@avelardez

- This is a big balance change and we increased the amount of gas everywhere in the game. Having more offers for TG was an option discussed, but we would really like to see how it goes first before going all berserk with free gas everywhere. As it's written on the patch notes, this is not permanent and we can still change if we feel that it's needed. Remember that you still get 5 extra gas after every battle you play. Also, more GW Gas will be available in the Guild Shop every war.
    DLHTCBRITODeathwish19romeo
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 36
    2x20 ch
    4x10 distance
    1x10 gw shop (minimum)
    6x5 given back at end of battle
    1x20 for 12000tg
    1x40 for 1500gold
    +rnd from cinema

that is 180+ or 120 if you don't want to spend gold or tg
    and more can come from guild shop
    for me that will be enough I think, I will be buying the ones for tg but not for gold
    TCBRITOromeo
    edited February 4
    What is this artificially inflating membership? Is this implying someone cheated in the game when only one guild reached master tier? How can that be possible. Someone was able to use my ideas and have an open guild and everyone played in it from their guild and got a high score? Yeah right. My friend crushed the GW and won it out right. Very interesting findings posted. But still vague on artificially inflating and how that is such a big issue. My TeamGW concept by no means inflated anything with the 3 battles of 6-7 players they fought one war.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 988
    @Kaz I know many had the problem after a War of getting an in-game pop-up (several times in one log-in!) long after the War had ended. Can't remember the exact message, but when I messaged support, they said many players were getting this message and it would be addressed. Any update on if this will happen next War?
    @Kaz thanks for the response and I understand your explanation, though I don't agree with the reasons for the change, especially to RP reductions.

Let me be the first to go on the record as saying that these changes have now introduced a "new grind" to the game since players will absolutely feel the need to be glued to their phones and play this game all the time to make sure they are getting all GW gas possible to make up for the halving of RP per mission. It won't be long and players will start to complain about this new grind, especially on Saturdays.
    Black Labs Matter.
    KazTCBRITO
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,090
    Battle-joining Restrictions
    - Joining during a Battle - In a few cases, guilds were removing members from their roster when signing up for a match in order to affect the matchmaking process, and then those members would rejoin and participate in the battle once it was underway. This is not how Guild Wars were intended to be played, and so from now on, players who join a Guild while a Battle is underway will need to wait for the next sign-up period before they can join the Guild Wars list.

A bit bummed about this. I know that in Legacy Eh, we'd sign up for battle with whoever was available. Sometimes that would only be 6-7 players at the start of the battle. We'd get matched up against Mavericks, Wild Squad, or other top guilds that also only start with 6-7 players, and then both of our guilds would put in a call for help and see battles fill up as we try to defend our honor. Other times we'd be matched up 7v10 but be able to add players and end up having a competitive match.

I hope the matchmaking process is rebalanced so that we won't have to add players mid-battle, now that it's impossible to do so.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    TJSTCBRITOxiaofei66TheCrabromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,092
    I'm also super happy that players can't jump into a battle that's already started.

Be on time, or wait until the next round.

My guys know this already, and I don't let people participate in a battle they aren't scheduled for. Should be a nice change for us that other guilds can't pile on after it starts.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    TCBRITOanthony172Deathwish19xiaofei66romeo
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 292
    > @JayZ said:
    > Battle-joining Restrictions
    > - Joining during a Battle - In a few cases, guilds were removing members from their roster when signing up for a match in order to affect the matchmaking process, and then those members would rejoin and participate in the battle once it was underway. This is not how Guild Wars were intended to be played, and so from now on, players who join a Guild while a Battle is underway will need to wait for the next sign-up period before they can join the Guild Wars list.
    >
    >
    >
    > A bit bummed about this. I know that in Legacy Eh, we'd sign up for battle with whoever was available. Sometimes that would only be 6-7 players at the start of the battle. We'd get matched up against Mavericks, Wild Squad, or other top guilds that also only start with 6-7 players, and then both of our guilds would put in a call for help and see battles fill up as we try to defend our honor. Other times we'd be matched up 7v10 but be able to add players and end up having a competitive match.
    >
    > I hope the matchmaking process is rebalanced so that we won't have to add players mid-battle, now that it's impossible to do so.

I think the restriction is for players that join the guild during the battle, if the players are already in the guild I think they can join and help the team and match that possible 10 vs 10

Am I right? @Kaz
    TJSxiaofei66
  • aafr99aafr99 Member Posts: 161
    When will it be released?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    JayZ said:

- Joining during a Battle - In a few cases, guilds were removing members from their roster when signing up for a match in order to affect the matchmaking process, and then those members would rejoin and participate in the battle once it was underway. This is not how Guild Wars were intended to be played, and so from now on, players who join a Guild while a Battle is underway will need to wait for the next sign-up period before they can join the Guild Wars list.

A bit bummed about this. I know that in Legacy Eh, we'd sign up for battle with whoever was available. Sometimes that would only be 6-7 players at the start of the battle. We'd get matched up against Mavericks, Wild Squad, or other top guilds that also only start with 6-7 players, and then both of our guilds would put in a call for help and see battles fill up as we try to defend our honor. Other times we'd be matched up 7v10 but be able to add players and end up having a competitive match.

I hope the matchmaking process is rebalanced so that we won't have to add players mid-battle, now that it's impossible to do so.

I'm a little confused about this part exactly.

I read it two ways.
    1) Guilds were banishing players (from the guild) before joining a battle. Then those players would rejoin the guild and then battle.
    Now players that join a guild during a battle won't be able to join that battle and have to wait until the next battle.

2) Guilds were starting a battle with 6 players and then other players already in the guild would join.

So @Kaz
    What exactly is all this? Guilds can still start a battle with 6 players and other players can still join? Just not players that join the guild during a battle.

Or is it now once a battle has begun no players can join the battle?
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    TCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,420
    @Kaz it's not mentioned but I hope that there will be a huntsman Daryl call released in this update and shortly after it goes live. Is that right.
    TCBRITODeathwish19
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 98
    Did I miss something? The amount of VP needed for higher tiers is reduced by 10% and the VP you get from completing a battle will be reduced by 50%?
    @Kaz Please tell me I understood something wrong.
    TCBRITO
    sicron said:

Did I miss something? The amount of VP needed for higher tiers is reduced by 10% and the VP you get from completing a battle will be reduced by 50%?

@Kaz Please tell me I understood something wrong.

The Reward Points/RP that you spend in the Guild Shop were halved, not the VP.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJS said:

I'm a little confused about this part exactly.

I read it two ways.
    1) Guilds were banishing players (from the guild) before joining a battle. Then those players would rejoin the guild and then battle.
    Now players that join a guild during a battle won't be able to join that battle and have to wait until the next battle.

2) Guilds were starting a battle with 6 players and then other players already in the guild would join.

So @Kaz
    What exactly is all this? Guilds can still start a battle with 6 players and other players can still join? Just not players that join the guild during a battle.

Or is it now once a battle has begun no players can join the battle?
    My thought is that 10 players were signed up prior to a Battle starting. Players 1a, 2a, 3a. could be kicked from the Guild while still signed up, allowing their spots to be occupied by 3 waiting members in the guild (1b, 2b, 3b). Once 1b, 2b, 3b have signed up to participate, members 1a, 2a, 3a are allowed to rejoin the Guild, and their spots are also signed up, so both 1a, 2a, 3a, 1b, 2b, 3b plus 7 additional members (13 in total) are able to play against a Guild of max 10. That is my assumption at least.

Either that, or within the 6 mins of a Battle starting the system starts to look for potential Guilds to match a team with. Since players can't withdraw, the Leader/Elder can boot them so instead of getting matched against a guild of 10, they might get matched against a guild of 6 initially after 4 members are booted. Then the 4 members are accepted back into the Guild by they Leader/Elder just as battle starts and it's 10 vs 6 initially. But you could just as easily have 4 members not sign up initially and they could be waiting for the Battle to start and jump in, so this scenario may not be that likely.
    Black Labs Matter.
    edited February 4
    But with the numbers calculated it still shows that it's not enough for a free player to play as much as they can or for others to pay a reasonable price and I feel that's still the main argument...at least it was/is for me. I'm not going to spend gold nor $ on the game mode. The rewards just aren't worth it to me. As @avelardez said, it's still under 20 gas per mission if you use all keys and that's not even 2/3 of a Battle for many players.

And now with RP being cut in half, the increase in gas is nullified and players must spend more time in game to earn the exact same rewards. @Kaz even stated that in his post "we just ask the players to play more and go further in each battle instead with more gas available". Going further now means even more difficult missions and taking MORE damage, which will directly related to an increase in gold spending to heal survivors...all to receive the same rewards in twice the amount of time...no thanks.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,420
    Yeah I'm not happy with the increased difficulty, 33 was hard enough for the majority of people. However I see the TG offer as "free" so that's 23 GW gas per key for me, plus some random stuff from
    Videos and @kaz has already said that there will be more in GW shop than the 10 in the calculation. This will actually allow guilds to be tactical. If I had my way I would remove the ability to purchase any with real money to make it a level playing field. I know NG won't do that but it was horrible to come up against those guilds who you knew had whales in it who could just keep going and going. I was one of the few who could take on 33's so waited until sanc was unlocked and just worked on them. Will be nice to be able to help out with some of the easier maps this time.
    SCBMAATLAS-ZADPaq