3.1 - Patch Notes discussion!

Comments

• Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,606
    Can we still have a prep week but get doubled GW Gas in terms of the distance and challenge?

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    mimicaromeo
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,072
    When is this update going live on Play Store?
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

CarleneDixon
    Season mission rewards is the Daryl tokens for original or huntsman?
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats

PigBenis said:

They said original unfortunately.

Thats a big waste in that case, do we really need pew pew Daryl tokens in a premium type event.

TCBRITOsuzequeue
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,417
    Can anyone confirm once battle is started you can’t allow more players to join? For example start battle with 7 players but 1-3 join later after battle has started. Thanks for any information.
    TCBRITO
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,417
    @PigBenis I think it was @JayZ post that made mention of it, perhaps he was confused by the wording in the patch notes? Or perhaps I’m confused. To my understanding it only prevents rotating people in and out of guild to join the war, not the fact that you cannot add players to a battle after the battle has started.

For example started a battle at the beginning of the hour with 7 but get matched against 9 so you call for 3 more already in your guild to join in the battle.
    SPC_TORRESromeo
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,988
    That is how I understood it, if they are in the guild when the battle starts you can call for backup

This from the update notes just sounds like if they join the guild after the battle starts
    They will have to wait.

Battle-joining Restrictions
    - Joining during a Battle - In a few cases, guilds were removing members from their roster when signing up for a match in order to affect the matchmaking process, and then those members would rejoin and participate in the battle once it was underway. This is not how Guild Wars were intended to be played, and so from now on, players who join a Guild while a Battle is underway will need to wait for the next sign-up period before they can join the Guild Wars list.

romeoxbamfx
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    The way I read it.
    Matchmaking is done based on the players in your guild.
    If you remove high level players from your guild, you'll get matched against a weaker opponent. Then if those players rejoined during the battle, they could fight against a weaker opponent than matchmaking would have offered if those high level players where in the guild during matchmaking.
    xbamfx
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    I think by casual play, Kaz meant amount of stars that people are able to get without a gas booster and playing every day by making sure that you use up the whole gas. Which doesn't take that much time to be able to achieve it . Comparing to gas booster play.
    xbamfx
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited February 2019
    bladgier said:

I think by casual play, Kaz meant amount of stars that people are able to get without a gas booster and playing every day by making sure that you use up the whole gas. Which doesn't take that much time to be able to achieve it . Comparing to gas booster play.

I wouldn't be able to do that on my middle or lowest account (level 23 and 21 survivors). I might reach 1k+ on the middle one - but that wouldn't be casual.

On my main, that certainly is casual. But I can easily play hard distance up to the gas rewards (and on).

Can't do it that easily on my middle account if at all, my gear and badges still suck), not at all on my lowest.

So pairing "lower level players" with playing "casually" up to 1k+ stars... that doesn't really add up.

It only has to do with effort on max level casual players. For lower levels, it means they put in a lot of effort and still get less.

And frankly, if a max level player would rather spend 84 gas to get to 21 on normal distance, get fewer tokens, lower rarity weapons, no badge parts on the way than spending 60 gas to get up to 15 (if they don't have to replay, I normally don't) and get much higher and more valuable rewards, well...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,670
    edited February 2019
    > @WellyLuga said:

> I guess to accommodate the players who reach RSL 35-40 on a weekly basis or players who enjoy beating crazy level walkers in the distance. If you are used to either of those two things then facing level 33 walkers in guild wars isn't that challenging or enjoyable. I think if the missions are required to clear a sector it's unlikely they will jump up too high, maybe 34/35/36.
    >
    > Edit to add: I also think they didn't want people to be able to complete every mission in the 50 minute time window. My guild had a battle where we finished every mission with 7 minutes to go and still lost, if there were more missions available or there were more difficult ones to complete we could have gone on until the time ran out :smile:

Well assuming folks with this "problem" are in guilds ranking higher on the charts than my guild, that's at max 33 x 20 = 660 players out of the millions playing the game? With this particular hardship?

Twice we cleared Sanctuary North, maybe three times? Just one sanctuary area. And now even that will be unlikely?

Pay to win. Here we go again.

@PigBenis was right about that gold $$

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    romeoDrUnpleasant
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    @Jaden yes that make sense but I forgot to mention that I was talking about lvl 70 player with 25 lvl survivors. 1k stars is casual then. On different player and survivor lvls, casual number of stars will vary and I get that.
    xbamfx
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    bladgier said:

@Jaden yes that make sense but I forgot to mention that I was talking about lvl 70 player with 25 lvl survivors. 1k stars is casual then. On different player and survivor lvls, casual number of stars will vary and I get that.

I didn't mean to "educate" you (even though I quoted you). :sweat_smile:

I'm positive that we long time players know quite well what it means to be casual at what level (in general).

I'll soon be able to judge the impact the new gas structure will have on end gamers and mid level players alike (never played GW on my lowest - no time).

At least I won't feel compelled to play and finish normal distance on my alt anymore if there's only 5 gas there. I can play to the 5 gas on hard and stop there - saves time and green gas.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bladgier
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Is update coming out today? @Kaz
    It is already in the process...thats why no guild tab in-game

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Also is the Spring Event starting as soon as the update drops (today/tomorrow)? It's...early February. I feel like we need a longer break between Winter and Spring events @Kaz -- can you clarify? Thanks
  • CarleneDixonCarleneDixon Member Posts: 18
    Ok I'm just curious, I'm low on box/trade supplies are we going to have a challenge tomorrow or no?

Also I've said it before on Twitter, I guess I should have been here. Why new players, i.e 2 Moran's 2 Gleen's now 2 Daryl's. If you can make GWs why not make our players weapons interchangeable. It's hard enough when you're not a big guild to get 2000 tokens.

And instead of fancy weapons why not a token system for weapons so we are not wasting XP to upgrade weapons only to have to find new ones when we get our update on higher players so like when our people became 25 we had to look for level 25 weapons why not let us keep them but instead of stopping the upgrade at 27 something like tokens so they can grow with our players?

Yes I'm ranting because I'm LOW on supplies and not seeing my guild is freaking me out
    tabernac
  • CarleneDixonCarleneDixon Member Posts: 18
    Billbam said:

It is already in the process...thats why no guild tab in-game

It's freaking me out, do you think we'll get a challenge tomorrow???? I need trade supplies.... NEED
    xbamfxtabernacglenlives