Action Taken Towards Players Using Modified v3.0 Client

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
In version 3.0 of No Man's Land, there was a number of players that installed and used a special modified version of application client on their devices, in order to get unfair advantage over other players.

After collecting the analytics reports of players using it, we fixed and closed this breach in version 3.1. We want to promote fairness in competition for all of our players, and this kind of hack provided clear unfair benefits in combat for players using it, which we cannot tolerate. So we took an action this situation: the players who were caught using this, have been banned today. Current ban is issued for 2 weeks; if the players are caught using other similar unfair means again, a permanent ban will be issued in that case.

We cannot provide more concrete information than this, such as which players were banned or what kind of specific client hack was used here, but we are monitoring the situation with it, and will be continuing so in the future. We would like to remind that any other possible offence of fair play in No Man's Land will be treated accordingly, and we want to give a warning that players spotted will end up in the same situation.
TJSShadowWalkerKyrusCherokee_RoseRealClareBRWSanthony172Carly1RiszeekdogSPC_TORRESGovernatorTroublemakerMystiquemack22RenopwnsPicbladgierDeathwish19msapaevTheCrabjavajnkieandy75docroddersxMelxScowleywrinkled_bagtinytuna007JediMasterYodaKick_assBWilsDanski_46sbfPandreqTripodPhalanx44AndreaCarl_s_HatfearofthedarkxbamfxJadenMrLuckyHuttSlayer23BuckzzTeenahGeebigbeanoGeneral_PainBill_ZRTvshield50ReeconnTeamDeadDanielBezScottieNeftisBBRiKriegpprescottBurmeliinisAlexFiliUKimacharlieDBonesbababooeyekimhclewDwemerFireDragon

Comments

• 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 95
    Even though I don't know the extent of the advantage or benefits that resulted, it seems like a slap on the wrist.
    I will be taking a look at the the Guild Wars leader board on Monday.
    PicMFJigsawvshield50
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited February 8
    @Kaz, that's awesome. On the other hand, one of my guildmates has been banned although he has never used any modified client at all. Of course, it's only his words, but I have no reason to not trust him... What can we do with such an issue?

Edited to add: of course he immediately reported to the support.
  • GoatKingGoatKing Member Posts: 9
    Did this affect Guild Wars?
    SPC_TORRESxbamfx
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    The worst thing is that you did it on Friday and it seems that nothing will happen with my guildmate's support case till Monday :(
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    @Kaz can you possibly tell us when the ban begins and ends and also have players been notified?
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    TCBRITOxbamfxdocrodders
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,420
    What makes everyone think this is to do with guild wars? Is this not relating to those players who were turning up in outpost with 10 star michonnes at whilst at level 20 etc?
    xbamfxkookaburraJLaw
  • full_throttlefull_throttle Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9
    Just look on leaderboard. If their star total today doesnt change for next 2 weeks. Obviously banned.
    1RisTCBRITOaafr99SPC_TORRES