Guild Wars Compensation

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
edited February 12 in Guild Wars Discussion
Hey everyone!

This is what's going to be in the in-game news today at 13:00 UTC:

"During the previous weekend, we faced some problems with our servers which resulted in a bad experience to players who played Guild Wars.

For this reason and as an apology, we are compensating all the players above council level 12 with:

- A compensation bundle available right now in the Bundle Shop
- A 24 hour Gas and Double XP booster available in the Bundle Shop
- Every Guild Wars mission during the next war will cost 0 Gas*

*The GWGas cost will return to 1 for the third war

The bundles can be claimed by February 21, 13:00 UTC.

Once again, we are sorry for the problems we had during the weekend. But thank you for your patience and attention."

But also, I would like to add some more info:

- Unfortunately, we weren't able to recover the VP/RP lost during the battles.
- We won't be changing the RP now (especially because you can get as much as you can play now), but we are still discussing a possible buff. I don't have anything concrete now, but I'll keep you guys up to date.
- We've identified what was causing our servers to malfunction and we are working on possible fixes to make our servers stable to support the volume of players who play Guild Wars.

And, last but not least, an extra, and personal, apology here because I know that with the multiple fixes, rebalancing and such we've created a high expectation which made everything worse than it already was. I just want to let you know that we do listen to everything you guys have to say and we were working during the whole weekend making multiple attempts to fix the issue because we believed that it was the best we could do at that moment. We have considered many options and we decided to go with the one that made the most sense for us in that current scenario.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the feedback and for reading it!
DrUnpleasantMystiquewrinkled_bagTeh_DaminPandreqaaxt555zeekdogTJSKratosBWilsKate79aafr99xbamfxmsapaevRealClareBCarlyTroublemakerJCSinWDDodkongTHCrossOutisHuttSlayer23BuckzzNerfZone187ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZJadenromeobladgierDanski_46TransmuteJunmcbkhicksanthony172SPC_TORRES1RisZetteUbermsrebeccaMrLuckyvshield50WellyLugaD4nn0TheCrabJenngxMelxRenopwnsNezolola_renntglengieScowleyKatz_Killers18Cherokee_RosejimmydawiseimacharliebigbeanoTCBRITOhuskersoxfanaquilaTripodDBonesFireDragondoveyLarge

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,587
    Can we claim both bundles?
    KazSPC_TORRES
  • FarmboyFarmboy Member Posts: 22
    Thank you @Kaz 👍
    xbamfxTJSromeoSPC_TORRES
  • DisconnectorDisconnector Member Posts: 2
    edited February 12
    Awful compensations...no words...I wont take you " compensation"
    Mystiqueaaxt555JCSinWDDodkongRealClareBKazxbamfxMFJigsawTJSzeekdogShadowWalkerJadenromeoDanski_46JayZTripodvshield50SmokeandMirrorsRenopwnsNezoglengieimacharliebigbeano
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    @sbf your case is still under investigation and all the data you guys gave us were forwarded to the devs. But I don't know the outcome of that yet. I'll let you know once I have more info.
    sbfCaptainslayer
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    Thank you, very generous compensation! It's appreciated..
    romeoSPC_TORRESxbamfxJenng
    @pigbenis is that not what the 1000 RP is compensating for. Let's say the average RP is 7 per battle that's 143 battles worth of RP. Seeing as 120 free gas was given out (not including cinema ads) I would say that pretty much covers it don't you?
    suzequeueRenopwns
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 610
    Thanks NG, very much appreciate the compensation bundles, yes the weekend was a train wreck but this totally makes up for it (please don't let it happen again!) 😀
    TJSromeo1RisDrhoo
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 524
    edited February 12
    Or just reset the leaderboard and everybody takes a mulligan week 1🤷‍♂️
    1RisxbamfxTCBRITO
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,996
    Thanks for the compensation Kaz. It isn't the same, but I can tell that you guys tried. I was too scared to try GW again last weekend (since I lost so much gas the first time around) but I am looking forward to unlimited play the next time.
    TJSSPC_TORRES
    I'd also like to say that I think that the compensation is amazing. It feels like the issue was taken seriously and I wasn't expecting anything near this level. One thing I would say is that this will all be for nothing if the same issues happen next war.
    TJSromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @PigBenis

Yes. 1000 RP & 200 gold.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    NerfZone187romeoJenng
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 954
    The point of Guild Wars is to score VP and win! This allows you to unlock higher tier and rewards. I don’t give a shit about rps I can earn that like I did on my own. I’m not against people getting compd but that is a drop in a bucket to me. I want my VP I earned and have proof that I earned! Or else what the hell is the point to playing? What if it happens to us again this weekend? INTEGRITY.
    FirekidDLHromeojohnnytKd_DrhooCaptainslayerenigma12TCBRITOKarajoca
  • HomieLegacyHomieLegacy Member Posts: 10
    I agree with @sbf but it would be strange if they were compensated just because they recorded everything. We shouldn't need to do that. I do like the compensation but it is an individual compensation. The biggest problem was that we lost battles due to the issues. Multiple players unable to even enter the battle, players whose VPS weren't counted, players losing keys and so on. The first war of the season we easily finished top 10 and now, because of many issues, we are way down the board.
    TCBRITO
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,692
    Thank you !
    @Kaz and NG

romeoTripodJenng