K.A.Z. Challenge Event Feb 20th-25th

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,420
    It's kill all or kill the tough walker maps. Army of 3 isn't kill all walkers either. What I would say is worse is that it's a 50% bruiser damage bonus!! @kaz @vane would have been a great week to break out the 50% health bonus that was discussed previously....
    bladgierDanski_46Jaden
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,100
    Can't believe you actually made something positive and productive @PigBenis ... Congrats!

Your place in heaven is safe now.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITO
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,026
    Unless they turned off the spawn waves, I think the mark was missed on this Challenge set. Even if spawns were turned off, Bruisers doing more damage doesn't help on the many maps with tank walkers. Bruisers starting charged would be so much better. Charged Scouts appears ideal.

Honestly, and without trying to complain...I WAS looking forward to this Challenge set for the potential it had and thought it was a positive thing to honor someone. But with the current configuration I wish I wouldn't have suggested it and I'm not really wanting to play it.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Killdozer187_suzequeueShadowWalkerromeo
    the only thing I can think is that if it is in the rotation of challenges now then one week we will get a better class bonus for it. Also not sure if anyone's noticed but it's never a "start charged" bonus on guild war weeks so no chance of that this week.
    Killdozer187_suzequeue
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 248
    Nightly visitors must go unless it’s been changed to a kill em all. Which is what it should have been all along.
    PigBenistabernac
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 363
    > @Firekid said:
    > the only thing I can think is that if it is in the rotation of challenges now then one week we will get a better class bonus for it. Also not sure if anyone's noticed but it's never a "start charged" bonus on guild war weeks so no chance of that this week.

how about no bonuses at all and brand new maps?

Tired of grinding the same recycled 💩 every other week. It's getting close to my checkout time
    suzequeueShadowWalkerTroublemaker
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,571
    Is it too late for Hilltop with UC2 extra fatty/armoured settings? :trollface:

I'm happy with the bruiser damage bonus though to be fair, I at least use a bruiser on nearly every map these days. Rather than a class I might use for one or two.
    Jenngbigbeano
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 248
    Scout bonus!
    donald6283JayZromeo
    @Kaz yeah nightly visitors has to go (I don't believe it's one of your favourites!) maybe swap it with the kill all walkers from army base? Also I'm happy with what ever bonus but if you reckon you can get bruisers 50% more health working I'd go for that or scout. It's your challenge though so do what you want with it!
    Killdozer187_
    Maybe Big Boss Man from Alexandria map set and Dark Corner from Ka-Boom map set to replace the 2 current ones in the rotation that aren't "kill all walkers" to beat the map condition? Just realized how few maps there seem to be with that condition.

Maybe a Scout bonus this week instead of Bruiser bonus? Or maybe the class starting charged bonus lasts from Wed through Fri and deactivates before GW?
    Black Labs Matter.
    Jadenromeo
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 205
    Scout bonus would be great
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight!
    romeo
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 134
    Any more change requests and all maps will become Inside and Out.

LMFAO!!
    romeoATLAS-ZzeekdogGovernator
  • ErmaksErmaks Member Posts: 77
    > @Kaz said:
    > If you guys are happy, I'm happy!
    >
    > So here's the updated list of maps:
    >
    > - Hershel's Farm
    > - Fish in a Barrel
    > - Backyard Arena
    > - Big Boss Man
    > - Vermin Control
    > - Dark Corner
    >
    > And the 50% Bruiser Damage bonus is now changed to 50% Scout Damage Bonus.
    >
    > Any more change requests and all maps will become Inside and Out.

can you give us a parting gift in the form of event components? :)
    Kazromeoxyf80Captainslayer
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 224
    Cheers @Kaz the new guy has big shoes to fill
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
    Kazxyf80
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 136
    Better the 50% bonus for scouts damage than 50% for bruises damage, all right! Big boss Man is not among my favorites :/ , but he has to choose Kaz!
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,100
    Any class bonus sucks. There, I said it. Again.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITO
    > @suzequeue said:
    > Wouldnt swapping out maps essentially remove the purpose of this entire thing? It's supposed to be his favorite maps.

When I proposed this event, I pictured the possibility of having any map with the condition set to "kill all walkers", that way it could be any of his favorite maps. Since the timeframe was so short that conditions couldn't be changed, it really limited the number of maps that could be chosen and still be applicable to the "kill all zombies" idea, which was the inspiration behind the event.

With the changes made, I'm really looking forward to these maps! Big Boss Man is one of my favorite maps because there is a decent amount of strategy involved.

Killing the tank walker in overwatch is best because a wave of walkers spawns as soon as it dies and this allows your survivors the opportunity to act before taking hits from them. Also, at high levels the car becomes increasingly useful to act as a barrier between you and the tanks. Keep circling while trying to light the big boys on fire and then continue to circle until they can be safely taken out. I used to hate the map until I learned a strategy that worked well for me. The only part that sucks about the map is the occasional starting spawn where walkers are right on top of you at high level and you WILL be taking damage right off the bat, so some luck is involved in getting a favorable spawn.

@Kaz Thanks for making changes to this week's maps and bonus. Hopefully your favorite maps can be adjusted to fit the condition of the event in a future release! It's unfortunate that both conditions couldn't be met for this week's Challenge, but now they are truly K.A.Z. maps and that's important to the idea of the naming of the event in itself.
    Black Labs Matter.
    KazsuzequeueBWilsSPC_TORRES
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 175
    This challenge is boring. Put up your best three ranged killers and wait for the walkers to blunder into your kill zone.
    bladgierzeekdogPandreqjrodrf2PigBenisTCBRITOKilldozer187_KyrusbigbeanoTJSignasDanski_46WellyLugatabernacBWilsdonald6283Firekidmsapaevcrambert_nec
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 228
    Loving this challenge! Definitely challenging at higher levels but also fast and furious through the early levels. I know he's not around anymore to see it, but excellent picks @Kaz !
    SPC_TORRESTCBRITOtabernacKaz