Weekly events reform

NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 58
What does everyone think about new weekly bonuses?
Extra damage is nice, and starting charged is great, but what about amplifying actual traits?
I propose we try having a new approach. Let's say for example, we buff a few traits on a week, like add lucky +10% to all survivors, piercing +15% to all ranged, and power strike parameters buffed +15% damage and +15% critical chances.

In this model, players would experience these traits throughout all toons. Non power strike survivors would get the +15%, and ones with power strike trait would receive a stack benefit (current %'s + the buff).
Same parameters for piercing and for lucky.

Thoughts?
TroublemakersbfTeenahGeeKaz1RisRenopwns

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,011
    Nice idea!

But this needs deeper thought.

I myself am totally against class bonus. To me it unbalances the game and takes away strategy and thought and strengthens addictive p2w behavior.

That said, boosting some traits would mean the same as boosting some classes or specific heroes.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    The trouble with this one is folks would feel left out not having a specific class survivor with that trait with decent enough badges for the right map and those with hella survivors and badges would be even more unstoppable.

That said, I'm personally all for giving something different a shot. It's a good play on a theme... similar to the bonuses from clearing a GW sector. The rotation of class damage buffs and charged survivor classes is kind of boring.

Buffing specific heroes got lost a ways back, though with razor trait now, a Carol week could be cool. Or, let's say, give Jesus a punish attack for a week (yes, warrior Jesus, or some other non-bruiser hero... or non-bruiser class). Maybe give ruthless to all the pre-ruthless heroes for a week. Something to break a little of the monotony.
    NarniaWellyLuga
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,399
    I'd like to see some of the old weekly boosts come back. If I remember rightly we had a crit chance buff one didn't we? It was also applied to raiders I think. I recently suggested an event where ranged weapons caused no/less threat which I thought would be interesting.

The hero buffs was a nice one but I think the problem was that they used some heroes that many players had rejected. I think my Carol was level 17 when she had her stats boosted. Perhaps they could boost groups of heroes rather than a highlighted hero of the week. Like Glenn/Maggie/Governor during a council upgrade week. Or have a Grimes family week with Michonne, Rick, Daryl and Carl boosted similar to the hero fests.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Narnia
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 58
    edited February 19
    I like where this is heading.
    I'm not a fan of +50% damage or starting maps fully charged as much as I am buffing random traits. If you added 15% base ruthless to everyone, you'd be cutting back on the grind in comparison to +50% damage. Having a couple trait benefits in my opinion might help enlighten people upon how traits work, and what traits best go with their classes. It would be really nice to see an approach that benefits mid and casual gamers by helping them advance further in challenges and allowing people to see results of what traits do and how they work while also adding new dimensions for all gamers to think about. You could really add layers to some older heroes:
    A ruthless Jesus sure would be an interesting addition!
    A punishing Morgan, Negan, or punish+ New Glenn would be the same.
    A revenge Aaron & Abraham would really change things.
    Sasha with ruthless or revenge
    DrUnpleasantsbfRenopwns