Weekly Class Bonus Alternatives

PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
Proposing the possibility of having some weeks that feature a bonus to traits themselves, either on survivors or gear. For example, next week instead of a Bruiser 50% damage bonus during the week, maybe it looks something like this:

Wed: all melee survivors +25% Lucky
Thu: all ranged survivors +25% Charging
Fri: +25% Swift Strike to all melee and increased movement.
Sat and Sun: 25% increased Crit Chance and +15% to Piercing/Razor.

Seems like this would add more of a variety every week and one map set that favors melee for instance might allow players to use ranged survivors on a certain day. It would also buff certain weapons that may be seen as less than ideal and add variety there as well. I could see this potentially increasing gas booster sales if the weekly bonuses were posted so players could plan ahead for when to use them to their benefit.
Black Labs Matter.
Firekidanthony172Danski_46jimmorrison369donald6283JankelJadenShadowWalker1RisRenopwnsLoneWanderer360positive

Comments

• Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 275
    edited February 19
    nice try but I'm not doing that lol

I already play to 2k plus and it's burning me out.

this implementation would drive me away from competitive play for good unless they're chopping a considerable amount of mindless rounds from the challenge. This could be damn near 70+ rounds for top guilds
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    edited February 19
    What don't you like about it? Too frequently changing perhaps or is there something else I haven't considered? You don't have to use the class bonus. I figured it would help with the monotony of things. Most weeks I load up 3 Assaults or 2 Assaults and a Shooter/Hunter and cruise through L31 before needing to start using strategy to get 3 stars. I'd imagine it would be similar for someone getting 2K per week. Currently I'm getting 1200-1300 most weeks and not really pushing myself.
    Black Labs Matter.
    > @PigBenis said:
    > What don't you like about it? Too frequently changing perhaps or is there something else I haven't considered? You don't have to use the class bonus. I figured it would help with the monotony of things. Most weeks I load up 3 Assaults or 2 Assaults and a Shooter/Hunter and cruise through L31 before needing to start using strategy to get 3 stars. I'd imagine it would be similar for someone getting 2K per week. Currently I'm getting 1200-1300 most weeks and not really pushing myself.

I agree with beefing up ranged to catch up to melee but not buffing razor and the other melee traits. Maybe SS.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,020
    Oh, well it was an just an example of a possible scenario. Neither are required to be buffed. In reality I could see any trait being buffed. In a map rotation with many Freemen maps even Bulletproof and Bullet Dodge would be beneficial. Training Gear would help those trying to level up and buying a gas and XP booster on top of a 25% buff to the trait would be really nice for many players. The main objective was to break up the monotony and inject some excitement.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Killdozer187_
    > @PigBenis said:
    > Oh, well it was an just an example of a possible scenario. Neither are required to be buffed. In reality I could see any trait being buffed. In a map rotation with many Freemen maps even Bulletproof and Bullet Dodge would be beneficial. Training Gear would help those trying to level up and buying a gas and XP booster on top of a 25% buff to the trait would be really nice for many players. The main objective was to break up the monotony and inject some excitement.

I'm not totally against it. I just wouldn't want it becoming the new normal. I'm sure many people would enjoy it tbh.
    1Ris
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 97
    @PigBenis The buff shouldn't require you to actually have the trait on the armor/weapon equipped but be in effect regardless. If that's not the case we are talking about a very frustrating event. I think that the guild wars class bonus would be a nice addition in the challenge. Maybe after a certain RSL at every round pass you get, you also unlock a class bonus.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,054
    25% chance for a survivor to start each mission with one or more charge points.

If RGG is leader, he increases his leader trait by 25%.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 152
    Seems like the class that gets buffed never matches the maps in the challenge. At least not for my play style. I haven't used a scout once yet in this challenge and I doubt I will.

So what I'm saying is - good idea. I like it.