Outposts are pretty much a bust now, no?

I don’t play outposts on the regular, but I occasionally try and play sometimes when I need TG. I’m really not that invested, but I get creamed every time in OP defence. I put good defenders up with decent weapons, but without badges, they are really just fodder, no? Is there anyone who can offer me decent setups or strategies so my outpost doesn’t get annihilated every time? Every time I log in someone has mullered my outpost. I don’t begrudge them, but if badges don’t work, then there is really no point to it. I tried a setup where my defenders were leaving the TG open for the taking, but it seems like everyone is up for the kill. Sucks to be a pacifict I guess. Just tired of being constantly told my guys got served when they didn’t have a fighting chance.
vshield50AndreaSCBMAADPaq

Comments

• Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 206
    @Raven2318 what type of defenders do you have at your Outpost? Buffed up Bruisers are usually pretty hard to beat.

• Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 192
    Thanks, everyone! You rock! SCMBA, thanks for the offer and I will be taking you up on that for sure!
    SCBMAJenng
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,206
    I heard Mavericks guild family has a killer defensive setup that one of its players developed... 👀
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    youngbesyzD4nn0
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    My outpost gets more "raid and run" visits, it seems, and definitely fewer wipeouts than not. I use Carl in lead, Rosita, and Dwight. (I like to think my survivors get saved by Carl more than a little often for an extra hit or two).
    Basically my layout is such that Rosita and Dwight are positioned behind cover, while Carl is way back with a gold range gun. Rosita is positioned so that her retaliate can hit multiple raiders at the gate, and if Dwight also gets hit, his counter attack angle should hit at least 2, if not all 3 raiders as well.
    The trade goods are accessible by a scout on the first turn, but my guys are ready to rumble if needed.
    Stun Resist, Sniper Harness, and Iron Skin on armor. Wide angle/Large Caliber on weapons, with Piercing, or Lethal, and Incidiary.
    Might not exactly be perfect, but from the camps I raid, these are the things i dont like running into, so i figured others may share that opinion.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,705
    Piercing is a wasted trait as you won't be up against people who are +5 than you. Destructive would serve you better.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Dont know why i didnt really think of that. Though I'm sure there still some body shot chances below +5 lvls... just no where near 100%...
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 68

I heard Mavericks guild family has a killer defensive setup that one of its players developed... 👀

ssshhh
    Troublemaker
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 222
    If you don't have stun resistance, you can't win. I go in with charged assaults and bruisers and try to stun everybody. Most of the time, the defenders never even get to move or make an attack.
    Katz_Killers18
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    I'll throw my 2 cents in. Until recently, Dwight as leader with Rosita and Daryl due to ranged retaliate. All are legendary or better, so all traits active. They all have gold stun resist armor, and 2 have sniper harness. All are spread out, and set to stationary behind cover. Hunters have incendiary weapons. With this setup, I win more defenses than I lose. A few weeks ago I switched Daryl for Sniper Morgan and put him in the lead (also is legendary). While Sniper Morgan does not have retaliate, he does have revenge, and his hero trait kicks it up to be more powerful than a regular attack. It also boosts Dwight and Rosita's retaliate/overwatch attacks as well. Did not play outpost for the entire cycle, and finished ahead of where I started. Comfortably.
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 694
    ...seems that here "Someone" need a two weekly rest...i'm not a rookie...
    SCBMA
  • PicPic Member Posts: 789
    @Troublemaker tell this guy your godly set up. Neh the right set up does not matter if they have badges or not. You can still smack em down. I'd suggest a pm to this guy. His insane strategy proves to work everytime. Genius
    Troublemaker
  • BiggsDarkLighterBiggsDarkLighter Member Posts: 43
    edited February 17
    I dont think I have ever won a defense will definately look at overhauling my set up and defenders,
    Which location is ideal? more likely to give you wins?
    thanks for the info
    Greens are Super & Green Horns (Dazzler)
    SCBMA
  • UrgoldthUrgoldth Member Posts: 79
    On offense I always use two bruisers with Retal and punish lead by Michone. It is very very hard to lose. Stuns nearly always go through. I have most problems with Carl on defense. Everything except unstunnable bruisers is just paper targets. May be i should put Eugene in the lead. Incendiary is annoying but bruisers nearly dont care.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    Outpost is still around??
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    1Ris
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,517
    @Shteevie start putting more variety and larger quantity hero tokens in the trade shop and you'll start seeing a big up tick in outpost activity.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 80
    I have a great bruiser just outside the door. That helps. But generally it’s not a big thing outposts.

I go on each couple of eeeks to get a few to get to 5000 each cycle and sometimes hit the first 2-4 that come up as there usually the easy ones for cheap TG.

Otherwise outposts are bust